car insurance

stevie123

^ +1

I would recommend them also.

Personally I am with Tokio Marine, they are not the cheapest around but never had any problems with claims or repairs (YMMV)

I got Tokyo Marine insurance free with my new car. They started ringing me every day 4 months before the insurance expires. Totally pissed me off. I am going with AXA via AA Brokers.

^ +1

I would recommend them also.

Personally I am with Tokio Marine, they are not the cheapest around but never had any problems with claims or repairs (YMMV)

I got Tokyo Marine insurance free with my new car. They started ringing me every day 4 months before the insurance expires. Totally pissed me off. I am going with AXA via AA Brokers.

I had the same, I later found it that it wasn't Tokio Marine but an insurance broker (which I will not name). They even said they where from my bank. Question, is your car a Mitsu?

Found the thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/558470-bank-calls-asking-to-renew-our-car-insurance/

Read especially Post #7 in that thread.

Edited by MJCM

I would recommend not going to a broker but go direct to an insurance company's local office.

AA brokers could not offer first class insurance with any company on the wife's Nissan NV. We were told too old at 2003. We went direct to AXA in Pattaya. First class was not a problem and only 1,000 baht more than 3+ insurance.

I would recommend AXA Insurance all of the time.

I would recommend not going to a broker but go direct to an insurance company's local office.

AA brokers could not offer first class insurance with any company on the wife's Nissan NV. We were told too old at 2003. We went direct to AXA in Pattaya. First class was not a problem and only 1,000 baht more than 3+ insurance.

I would recommend AXA Insurance all of the time.

A broker does all the legwork, gives independent advice and will be the same price as with the company direct.

So I strongly disagree with you.

This is a question rather than a reply.

I have an Irish friend coming on visit and she will be driving my car.

It is in my Thai parner's name and has first class insurance.

Will her driving be covered by the insurance?

Thanks for help.

Better open your own thread and not hijack someone else topic which is completely unrelated to the question you are asking.

Respect

:wai:

• Like 1

Thanks for help.

Check the policy. If named driver she is not covered, otherwise she is.

Thanks for help.

Better open your own thread and not hijack someone else topic which is completely unrelated to the question you are asking.

Respect

wai.gif

Sorry about that! I am an infrequent user of site and not familiar with the etiquette or mode ... sorry.

• 2 months later...

Give directasia.com a try, hassle free online quote system too..

I've been very pleased with them so far

Any experience with their claims service?

Their pricing looks good, but who is the insurance company underwriting this? Who handles their claims?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Contact AA Insurance Brokers (Thailand). You can email in English and be replied to in English.thumbsup.gif

. Can anyone tell me can you cancel your car insurance for 6 months as I am leaving and will not be back till then...in the states you can keep fire and theft and put the rest on hold..thank you Nick

Yes you can cancel your vehicle insurance - you will need to send back the original policy to your Broker and they will arrange for you the return of any premium.

Note - depending on where you keep the vehicle it may be worth keeping the policy in force, also if you cancel you may lose your NCB.

. Thank you,,I will keep just in case