ED visa 90 day visa run

I am due for a visa run in January. I normally fly in and out of KL from Samui same day or a quick overnighter. However since the recent changes and crackdowns I have heard rumours from some people telling me I'll need to stay in KL or any other country for that matter for 3 days in order to successfully re enter back into Thailand, is this correct? Visa is 12 month ED multi entry.

There is no rule that says you have be out of the country for any amount to get another entry. You can still do an out and back on the same day. But since it is an ED visa you might be asked to prove you are truly attending a school.

When I did my ED run, I got tons of paperwork I couldn't read from my school. My bad luck was I went on Thursday and there was a holiday on Friday so I was stuck 3 more days than I wanted, but that's another story. In Laos, I'm pretty sure it's an overnight thing (unless changed in last year or so). hand it in on Monday, get it tuesday, leave Tuesday....

When I did my ED run, I got tons of paperwork I couldn't read from my school. My bad luck was I went on Thursday and there was a holiday on Friday so I was stuck 3 more days than I wanted, but that's another story. In Laos, I'm pretty sure it's an overnight thing (unless changed in last year or so). hand it in on Monday, get it tuesday, leave Tuesday....

The OP already has a multiple entry ED visa. He is asking about using an entry from it not getting a new visa,