ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Hard to imagine the only candidate out there with a shred of dignity left is Costas. But he is AWOL. I still would like to see Jinger win this, based on massive and distinctive posting career and his genuine ability to entertain over the years. Sadly he can't help but to take the bait when really needs to step back and laugh. David's not a threat if you just refuse to engage.

I am also surprised to be enjoying Soibiker's posts. I had him pegged as a mocker plain and simple, but he is bringing up his game lately. Too bad he didn't make the cut. I know I should say something about Nancy, but to me, although she seems to really want this, she is not a great fit for the general crowd here. She has admitted to talking acquaintances in to voting for her, even getting new accounts to do so. So her representative group is likely not the bread and butter Thai Visa crowd. Certanly not votes that would have been on the board under other circumstances. She knows a lot of expats, but is she really the natural choice?

Hopefully the last days of the contest will make us forget the recent low points.

• Like 2

In an effort to inject some humour into all of this, here is the results of some research into those little known creatures that control all of this. (This may well get deleted)

MODS

They have no physical form, eons of keyboard activity caused the legs and lower body to become redundant. They eat (and drink) copious amounts at all times and are extremely literate.

They have to swear an oath of allegiance to George every month and their secret circle makes the Freemasons look silly.

As they are evolving, change is inherent, right now they are slowly mutating from eating food as we know it, to sucking up the energy of members. Almost vampiric, they target unsuspecting members using sophisticated software.

They do have a hidden agenda and if I were to talk about that, I’d be on a very extended holiday or even worse, made into a MOD myself.

No one has ever seen one, there are said to be infra red images but I had them tested and they were fake.

They feed during day or night and their reproductive habits remain somewhat of a mystery. David Attenborough claims to have seen one but it was a native disguised as a MOD to scare him away.

They have a nasty bite and sting. The bite is a warning and if that doesn’t work, the sting is raised in preparation for a strike. The venom is not known to this world. Just to look at it causes instant death followed by paralaysis.

The sting isn’t always visible but never far away and if the bite doesn’t do the job, then it will be activated.

MODS had their emotional glands removed at birth so feel nothing. They are programmed with some empathy but is hardly worth a mention.

They were allowed to have a sense of humour (which I hope they’ve still got) and indeed it is demonstrated frequently.

They all talk in their sleep. Recordings taken a while ago reveal whispered “Topic Closed” continually.

The Mating call has been removed since they became primarily predatorial in nature. Indeed authority has been allowed to grow unchecked and now we have little choice in the ways of our virtual world.

Finally, a poem to soothe tired minds …

A MOD is a creature,

that moderates of course.

They live in the archives,

Alongside The Force.

Always alert, they constantly scan,

The text that we write and find fault if they can.

Ultimate power is the thing that they wield,

Tutsi Warrior, lend me your shield.

JT has crossed them and he survived.

He’s eternally grateful for the pleasure derived.

Toad must be careful, he needs to be quiet.

Cold blooded creatures are part of their diet.

So if you are watching, have mercy on me,

It’s just my opinion, something I see.

I wish you all happiness, if there’s such a thing.

Especially of course, my dear friend Jing!

• Like 1

In an effort to inject some humour into all of this, here is the results of some research into those little known creatures that control all of this. (This may well get deleted)

MODS

They have no physical form, eons of keyboard activity caused the legs and lower body to become redundant. They eat (and drink) copious amounts at all times and are extremely literate.

They have to swear an oath of allegiance to George every month and their secret circle makes the Freemasons look silly.

As they are evolving, change is inherent, right now they are slowly mutating from eating food as we know it, to sucking up the energy of members. Almost vampiric, they target unsuspecting members using sophisticated software.

They do have a hidden agenda and if I were to talk about that, I’d be on a very extended holiday or even worse, made into a MOD myself.

No one has ever seen one, there are said to be infra red images but I had them tested and they were fake.

They feed during day or night and their reproductive habits remain somewhat of a mystery. David Attenborough claims to have seen one but it was a native disguised as a MOD to scare him away.

They have a nasty bite and sting. The bite is a warning and if that doesn’t work, the sting is raised in preparation for a strike. The venom is not known to this world. Just to look at it causes instant death followed by paralaysis.

The sting isn’t always visible but never far away and if the bite doesn’t do the job, then it will be activated.

MODS had their emotional glands removed at birth so feel nothing. They are programmed with some empathy but is hardly worth a mention.

They were allowed to have a sense of humour (which I hope they’ve still got) and indeed it is demonstrated frequently.

They all talk in their sleep. Recordings taken a while ago reveal whispered “Topic Closed” continually.

The Mating call has been removed since they became primarily predatorial in nature. Indeed authority has been allowed to grow unchecked and now we have little choice in the ways of our virtual world.

A MOD is a creature,

Alongside The Force.

Frolly, is that you?

• Like 2

Food for thought.....

To whomever makes the rules...... can you change the rules, as seemably is easy to do at any time, and make it possible for any candidate to withdraw and cede or will his/their votes , to another designated candidate.... this would make it more Thai.......that way the votes could be ceded to the highest bidder..... u no bak rm bartering

tink bout it.

• Like 1

MODS

A MOD is a creature,

Alongside The Force.

Frolly, is that you?

No, is it you?

Food for thought.....

To whomever makes the rules...... can you change the rules, as seemably is easy to do at any time, and make it possible for any candidate to withdraw and cede or will his/their votes , to another designated candidate.... this would make it more Thai.......that way the votes could be ceded to the highest bidder..... u no bak rm bartering

tink bout it.

Jingthing will make a fortune selling his votes to NancyL, she will do anything to win.

• Like 1

MODS

A MOD is a creature,

Alongside The Force.

I met one of the mod team this week.

Top bloke! :D

• Like 1

MODS

A MOD is a creature,

Alongside The Force.

I met one of the mod team this week.

Top bloke! biggrin.png

I met george once. Top bloke too,even bought me a beer.

• Like 1

MODS

A MOD is a creature,

Alongside The Force.

Are they all MODS or are some ROCkERS?

M

Frolly, is that you?

Seems a very familiar style

That's right Bm.

See reading forums regularly you get to know writing styles.

Some are just really very obvious.

It would be so much more interesting if the lead contenders, NancyL, Costas2008 and Jingthing decided to participate in the conversation.

This is a call out to you guys ... drop on by, stay a while.

god forbid they should have something better to do. though in JT's case i doubt it.

• Like 1

M

Frolly, is that you?

That's right Bm.

See reading forums regularly you get to know writing styles.

Some are just really very obvious.

and some are not

M

Frolly, is that you?

Knowing both of them ... Definitely not

Hard to imagine the only candidate out there with a shred of dignity left is Costas. But he is AWOL. I still would like to see Jinger win this, based on massive and distinctive posting career and his genuine ability to entertain over the years. Sadly he can't help but to take the bait when really needs to step back and laugh. David's not a threat if you just refuse to engage.

I am also surprised to be enjoying Soibiker's posts. I had him pegged as a mocker plain and simple, but he is bringing up his game lately. Too bad he didn't make the cut. I know I should say something about Nancy, but to me, although she seems to really want this, she is not a great fit for the general crowd here. She has admitted to talking acquaintances in to voting for her, even getting new accounts to do so. So her representative group is likely not the bread and butter Thai Visa crowd. Certanly not votes that would have been on the board under other circumstances. She knows a lot of expats, but is she really the natural choice?

Hopefully the last days of the contest will make us forget the recent low points.

You're kidding right?

No genuine person would ever do that, so link please.

I am disapointed this year in the way this contest has developed. In the past it was a way for regular posters to have a little dig at each other and give recognition to the enjoyment some of the posts have given. The end award was never taken seriously by anyone.

This year it has changed. It has in the end become a contest by someone who must have the award to add to the collection on the mantlepiece.

It is sad, the award is worth nothing and never has been. What is priceless it the raport between people who may never see each other but have become friends in some way through this forum.

The end of an era I guess.

The harmless banter is something some of us lack out here and I think this forum creates a platform for that. The ongoing smut is priceless in my eyes!

• Like 2