ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

I am disapointed this year in the way this contest has developed. In the past it was a way for regular posters to have a little dig at each other and give recognition to the enjoyment some of the posts have given. The end award was never taken seriously by anyone.

This year it has changed. It has in the end become a contest by someone who must have the award to add to the collection on the mantlepiece.

It is sad, the award is worth nothing and never has been. What is priceless it the raport between people who may never see each other but have become friends in some way through this forum.

The end of an era I guess.

Got in ahead of me. I was going to say that this contest will probably be the last, given the form that it has taken this year. Also, being named POTY of a bulletin board - it should only ever be a thing of fun and good grace. Some did approach it from this direction, but as things got heated, the sarcasm became twisted and the off-beat humour got misinterpreted. Perhaps another poll is needed: Who wants a POTY for 2015? Yes or no. My vote is going to be no, unless it is reconfigured as a contest for genuine posts and not personalities.

As another suggested ... run it in Bedlam next year.

• Like 1

Yesterday I read in a Khmer forum one member asking the members of that forum to come to TV and vote for Nancy.... .What has happened to TV?

If Nancy is in with those guys, there'll be tunnels everywhere!

Tunnels will bring out Costas for sure. Where there's tunnels, there's badgers!

• Like 1

Looking ahead, although it's hardly the time, what with this year's contest about to enter the home straight, next year will be worldwide.

Fox and Sony want to do a Pay per View across the US. Nancy plans to host a cooking show to appeal to the far right money, while Costas want a cartoon show on the European market. He figures he'll get all the adults too. Something about launching a new cartoon hero, "The Bad Badger". JT is looking forward to the live televised series of debates (mass debates) scheduled in the fall. JT has his eye on much higher positions than we credit him for. Obama watch out!

Hard to imagine the only candidate out there with a shred of dignity left is Costas. But he is AWOL. I still would like to see Jinger win this, based on massive and distinctive posting career and his genuine ability to entertain over the years. Sadly he can't help but to take the bait when really needs to step back and laugh. David's not a threat if you just refuse to engage.

I am also surprised to be enjoying Soibiker's posts. I had him pegged as a mocker plain and simple, but he is bringing up his game lately. Too bad he didn't make the cut. I know I should say something about Nancy, but to me, although she seems to really want this, she is not a great fit for the general crowd here. She has admitted to talking acquaintances in to voting for her, even getting new accounts to do so. So her representative group is likely not the bread and butter Thai Visa crowd. Certanly not votes that would have been on the board under other circumstances. She knows a lot of expats, but is she really the natural choice?

Hopefully the last days of the contest will make us forget the recent low points.

Sir,

I like soi biker too. He's funny. Mr Toad he's a funny guy too.

So much talent on this forum. He he.

* sigh *

australian-tourist-visa-application - 26,000 views, 202 replies ... a pinned topic

australian-citizenship-for-your-baby-how-to-guide

private-hospital-childbirth

a-personal-story-with-a-warning-for-almost-everyone-update About getting a DVT (deep vein thrombosis)

I appreciate that none of them are important as a Restaurant Review ... but they may have relevance and importance for some people.

Just that some people just don't yell their credentials from the Roof-Top.

BTW ... I saved you lot the pain of the Farming forum one ... you really have to be a Farmer to get into them.

The above stuff is relevant because the POTY really, in my mind, the contribution that an individual made to the Forum and the people he or she helped as a result.

All, of course IMHO.

"Just that some people just don't yell their credentials from the rooftops"

Says the man in a post yelling his credentials from the rooftops! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

* sigh *

australian-tourist-visa-application - 26,000 views, 202 replies ... a pinned topic

australian-citizenship-for-your-baby-how-to-guide

private-hospital-childbirth

a-personal-story-with-a-warning-for-almost-everyone-update About getting a DVT (deep vein thrombosis)

I appreciate that none of them are important as a Restaurant Review ... but they may have relevance and importance for some people.

Just that some people just don't yell their credentials from the Roof-Top.

BTW ... I saved you lot the pain of the Farming forum one ... you really have to be a Farmer to get into them.

The above stuff is relevant because the POTY really, in my mind, the contribution that an individual made to the Forum and the people he or she helped as a result.

All, of course IMHO.

"Just that some people just don't yell their credentials from the rooftops"

Says the man in a post yelling his credentials from the rooftops! rolleyes.gif

They teach you this at Politician School.

Well, this should get interesting now that Costas is in the game. Somebody should go wake up Jingthing.

David doesn't appear to ever sleep, Either he's 15 years old or has a campaign team that posts for him around the clock. I think the former, judging by his posts.

Edited by NancyL

Well, this should get interesting now that Costas is in the game. Somebody should go wake up Jingthing.

He never sleeps, just stays out of the sunlight during daylight hours.

You think he comes from a place 800 km away from his country do you. Some people should learn geographysmile.png

It is refreshing to see that Costas is groveling too, but maybe too little, too late?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/787216-members-please-put-me-out-of-my-misery/#entry8857477

pathetic
amazing how some really want to win this poll

Its a huge honour!

Or maybe they just like tacos? biggrin.png

its bloody embarrassing is what it is. and your method of nominations didnt do much to help.

I'm still in Bangkok. Hubby and I are done with our Rotary work and had hoped to immerse ourselves in the local Bangkok culture and live life close to the soil, just like the Thai people today. I.e. go shopping at Siam Paragon and see a blockbuster movie at an 5D surroundsound cinema or something. You know, just like the humble Bangkok peasants.

Instead, I've been glued to the computer and phone taking care of stuff related to various activities in CM, not the least of which is reading what everyone posted on this thread while I slept.

Hubby finally gave up and left the hotel on walkabout. Something about "call when you're ready to go. I'll be exploring the low even-numbered sois on Sukhimvit"