ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

What is going on, I come back from work and all the respectable candidates had some sort of crisis of conscience or something and walked out.

I'd call em a bunch of Nancy boys, But Nancy had the balls to stick around at least, despite the scandal surrounding Mr. Bitey.

Is this like survivor where they vote out your favorite character every week until it's a contest of your least favorites so you quit watching?

Ok well it's not all bad yet Trans am is in there and he's the most likeable guy on the forum, that aught to count for something. And seriously I would be thrilled if Jingthing took it this year, he had his breakdown early on, but the people wouldn't let him go. Feel the love Jing Jing.

Anyhow, my support is up for bids, who wants a vote? Make me an offer.

Vote Jing or Ill blow yer brains out........................is my offer?

Mmm, can you do a little better, someone already PM'd me an offer with blowing in it.

Some have said they don't know me. Probably because I don't spend my time hanging out at the ThaiVisa Farang Pub. Don't need to when Chiang Mai is full of such great real pubs and wine bars. Let me introduce myself.

When I am on ThaiVisa it's at the Chiang Mai, Health and Visa and sometimes the General Forums. I'm honored that Jingthing would nominate me for TVPOTY to fill what will probably his customary slot as No. 2 spot (I'm resisting the urge to do a high heel joke here, you know, something about big shoes to fill)

You've already see photos of Hubby -- he's the goofball with the plate of food a few pages back. Maybe his dementia will clear enough that he can remember his Thai Visa password and be able to vote for me before the contest is over.

Hubby and I spend our time trying to make Chiang Mai and northern Thailand a better place to live -- whether or not anyone really wants that! A few years ago we adopted a little kitten out of the soi. He was so cute, but ravished with ear mites. We nursed him back to full health and treated him with the care and kindness we show to everyone we know. That's why he's earned the nickname Mr. Bitey from our friends when they take care of him when we go out-of-town.

So Nancy how many times has your demented hubby returned home covered in LB juice?

No wonder you're sucking on a bottle.

CM was a fine place before you got there.

That is a really nasty comment ATF.

Thanks, guys. I very nearly hit the "report" button once a friend explained what "LB juice" is. I really shouldn't be posting now, since I've had a glass of wine. The friend's husband and mine are down on Loi Kroh Rd. having a boys night out. Should I be concerned? They promised they'd move onto Santhitam by 8 pm. Much closer to home, after all.

I need to get my friend signed up for Thai Visa and explain the voting process.

Edited by NancyL

OK, the plot thickens.

As this exciting election enters it's later stages (but still LOTS of time) and as I have shown TRUE GRIT AND LEADERSHIP in putting much more (loose?) skin in the game than any other candidate by stepping forward to take over POLL-LORD duties in future (so THIS YEAR is your final chance to do the right thing with Jingthing), it seems to me with stakes THIS HIGH (see previous video) the Jingthing surge effort needs a CAMPAIGN SLOGAN.

Now, I'm looking for something strong but light hearted and am now officially seeking submissions.

The winning slogan will be selected by Jingthing (uh oh) and carry forward into the either bitter or glorious finale of this year's momentous contest.

Some examples of the kinds of slogans to submit, none of these are likely the winner but just to give an idea:

Jingthing leaves no baht bus unturned!

Jingthing may be a hack, but he's OUR hack!

Jingthing pays the correct baht bus fare only. Slap slap!

Jingthing loves biracial cockapoo couples!

attachicon.gifCockapoo_Male_and_Female_Cockapoos_One_Year_Old.JPG

Jingthing is MY chosen poster!

Harvey Milk flirted with Jingthing when he was a twink ... true story!

Do the right thing with Jingthing!

Jingthing -- Russian matrons of a certain age still think he's hot and you might too if you had enough borscht in your pie hole!

Jingthing -- Imagine if George Clooney and Frank Zappa had a baby!

Please no slogan suggestions that reference Greek sex. Costas has got that covered. At least I certainly hope so!

Speaking of Greek sexcrazy.gif , I'd like to give another SHOUT OUT to NancyL 'fine lady of substance from the Lanna land' who if it comes to it, I would be honored to lose to. But I'd rather not.

But only her.

VOTE for Jing or Ill blow yer ruddy head off????????? seems catchy enuff to me

What is going on, I come back from work and all the respectable candidates had some sort of crisis of conscience or something and walked out.

I'd call em a bunch of Nancy boys, But Nancy had the balls to stick around at least, despite the scandal surrounding Mr. Bitey.

Is this like survivor where they vote out your favorite character every week until it's a contest of your least favorites so you quit watching?

Ok well it's not all bad yet Trans am is in there and he's the most likeable guy on the forum, that aught to count for something. And seriously I would be thrilled if Jingthing took it this year, he had his breakdown early on, but the people wouldn't let him go. Feel the love Jing Jing.

Mmm, can you do a little better, someone already PM'd me an offer with blowing in it.

just add a few expletives at the end?

just add a few expletives at the end?

Nope, not feeling it.

Well, I've been mulling this over. (sorry, drinking mulled wine with a friend) what's the policy or etiquette about going into one of the Grand Important Forums on this board and doing a little campaigning for a Very Worthy Person? I'm thinking specifically about barging onto the Visa forum and letting those learned visa gurus know one of their own is in the running for POTY and deserves their consideration for their vote.

I'm thinking of course, of Jingthing, who deserve the support of all those in awe of his visa knowledge.

(if they just happen to see my name on the list too, oh well!)

David is 3rd

No he's not.

Oh yes he is smile.png

Crossy sir. Could you please remove my name from this vote.

To the 2 people who voted for me? why? I have 200 posts.

Yes, But can I suggest you notice your breast why old 's'expats in Thailand voted for you. ?

Look at your Image !!!!!!