ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Enough of this nonsense about duplicate accounts and tag team replies. They are not, so stop the false accusations.

This topic is getting tiring but unfortunately it keeps showing up at the top of my list when I hit View New Content.

Respect sir.

I would like to be a moderator. I can control all these old people. They just seek guidance.

There are some fantastic people on the forum sir. He he.

How much will I get paid as moderator?

I'm speak English goodly and I am learning Thai krup kun krap. :D

• Like 2

Yeah this whole process has gone on for FAR TOO LONG and if I do ascend to POLL LORD the timetable of elections (there will be at least one elimination round) will be MUCH MORE BRIEF! Easy for me to say now being the current leader and certainly NOT suggesting an early end THIS YEAR.

NancyL is pulling up with me. I am feeling the cold wind and smoke from the Lanna Land now creating fear but not loathing.w00t.gif

Ironic if she wins as I did nominate her ... but in any case she is a very worthy choice, win or lose.

I voted Jingthing because he's friendly and wise.

People have done their best to paint it as something nasty, but all she was doing was giving advice about what's appropriate to post in a public forum.

Pretty nastily posted even by a headmistress. What makes her think she can give advise to a happy family and hence impede on their rights of parenting in a public forum. It would also be inapropriate if she had posted it in a PM but publicly was a pretty bad ,ove.

She subsequently defended her post and mostly repeated it in the ChiangMai forum too I was one of the ones before she was nominated that said she would be a good choice. I do not say this now.

Harry is a man of high integrity. I watch him post ever since snotty came to Thailand. Very helpful.

Mr Harry sir,

I think you should run for POTY 2015.

thanks but no thanks

So GREAT ... we've all agreed that I'm not the two other members that weegee is referring to.

We also agree that we leave the Nancy comments in the grave ... and JT's comments as well.

Let's just move forward, have a lark, award the medal to who ever wins and, at this stage, JT does appear to have the ascendancy, though Nancy energy is not dissipated yet.

Go forth, have a lark and a laugh ... even a few at my expense ... laugh.png

I have not apologized for my bogan comments, there was nothing to apologize for, it was said in jest and I don't believe they were deleted either. So don't try to create a fake narrative that these are the same situations. In your mind only. If you want to put the bogan thingie to bed, really, don't mention it again, and yet you continue to so, again and again, in clear snarky tactic of underhanded character assassination.

Edited by Jingthing

Enough of this nonsense about duplicate accounts and tag team replies. They are not, so stop the false accusations.

This topic is getting tiring but unfortunately it keeps showing up at the top of my list when I hit View New Content.

Time to get that science forum up and running! biggrin.png

When TW speaks, I hope people listen, a Gentleman of the Forum.

• Like 1

Respect sir.

I would like to be a moderator. I can control all these old people. They just seek guidance.

I'm speak English goodly and I am learning Thai krup kun krap. :D

I keep hoping to be promoted into obscurity but no juice yet.

Oh well....:rolleyes:

Yeah this whole process has gone on for FAR TOO LONG and if I do ascend to POLL LORD the timetable of elections (there will be at least one elimination round) will be MUCH MORE BRIEF! Easy for me to say now being the current leader and certainly NOT suggesting an early end THIS YEAR.

NancyL is pulling up with me. I am feeling the cold wind and smoke from the Lanna Land now creating fear but not loathing.w00t.gif

Ironic if she wins as I did nominate her ... but in any case she is a very worthy choice, win or lose.

I voted Jingthing because he's friendly and wise.

Indeed I am. Thank you sir for your support.

Time to get that science forum up and running! biggrin.png

When TW speaks, I hope people listen, a Gentleman of the Forum.

Indeed....one of the few.

So GREAT ... we've all agreed that I'm not the two other members that weegee is referring to.

We also agree that we leave the Nancy comments in the grave ... and JT's comments as well.

Let's just move forward, have a lark, award the medal to who ever wins and, at this stage, JT does appear to have the ascendancy, though Nancy energy is not dissipated yet.

I have not apologized for my bogan comments, there was nothing to apologize for, it was said in jest and I don't believe they were deleted either. So don't try to create a fake narrative that these are equivalent situations. In your mind only. If you want to put the bogan thingie to bed, really, don't mention it again, and yet you continue to so, again and again, in clear snarky tactic of underhanded character assassination.

Jumping Jehosaphat JT, give it a rest.

David, move on

I have not apologized for my bogan comments, there was nothing to apologize for, it was said in jest and I don't believe they were deleted either. So don't try to create a fake narrative that these are equivalent situations. In your mind only. If you want to put the bogan thingie to bed, really, don't mention it again, and yet you continue to so, again and again, in clear snarky tactic of underhanded character assassination.

dizzy-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

I have not apologized for my bogan comments, there was nothing to apologize for, it was said in jest and I don't believe they were deleted either. So don't try to create a fake narrative that these are equivalent situations. In your mind only.

Sir. Mr Jingthing. With respect to your advanced position, I request that you desist from talking about this. Mr Tywais has asked that everyone do the right thing.

You are the thing, the jing thing, so you should lead by example and let's get back to talking election up..slurs down don't look good.

I give you my vote because I know you are wise enough to do the right thing.

I would make a good moderator. Is there a section where I can apply?

Let's talk about positive election material....easy as 1,2,3.

1. Jingthing is colourful.

2. Nancy is in the CM club

3. David is very friendly

4. Mr Costas is silent.

Respect sir.

I'm speak English goodly and I am learning Thai krup kun krap. biggrin.png

Oh well....rolleyes.gif

I reckon you should take more juice with it, but I guess so should I.

Have I told that the other half has given me a donation for a fine bottle of single malt, any suggestions?

• Like 2

I am happy to move on but the days of a certain candidate posting untrue insinuations about me without response are gone. That must have been sweet while it lasted.

Good. Mr Tywais will be happy. He deserves to be happy, he works so hard to get all the adds in the boxes and the people being nice to each other.

He he na he.

I bet he makes a lot of money.

This election is so exciting. I feel lucky to be here.

Respect sir.

Oh well....rolleyes.gif

Have I told that the other half has given me a donation for a fine bottle of single malt, any suggestions?

I am yet to find a decent milkshake in Thailand.

• Like 1

I am happy to move on but the days of a certain candidate posting untrue insinuations about me without response are gone. That must have been sweet while it lasted.

OK, OK JT.

My personal opinion is people are seeing things here that are really not in the DNA of the post, but I also understand feelings are running high and have cumulated over a period of time.

JT/David, please let it go.

• Like 2

I am yet to find a decent milkshake in Thailand.

Pity the Greek on the corner went out of business or you could have a badgers milk shake with double malt.

Let's talk about positive election material....easy as 1,2,3.

1. Jingthing is colourful.

2. Nancy is in the CM club

3. David is very friendly

4. Mr Costas is silent.

I think Nancy is more than a CM club

Nancy is an actual person that not only is helpful to folks on a anonymous forum

but also does many good works in real life here in Thailand.

I think that in itself is what really sets her apart rather than just a location/club.

Edited by mania

Respect sir.

Oh well....rolleyes.gif

Bunnahabhain 30 year old rolls in around £100 in duty free... a bottle of that used to last me a year.

Peaty...smoky....and a sip raises your beer to another level.....masterful IMHO.

• Like 1

It is clear to me that throughout all of this "banter" only one candidate has remained civil. His name? Well let's just say he has a couple of boys!

I don't agree that playing snarky games of play acting innocent is really being civil.

Also, the way he aggressively did the over the top Merry Christmas thing to me personally knowing that isn't my scene is extremely and INTENTIONALLY obnoxious.

The word baiting comes to mind.

NOTHING at all wrong with saying Merry Christmas. I say it to people who are celebrating it.

But what he did, DIRECTED to me personally multiple times, was something entirely different.

It's your right to support that candidate but my experience of his posting behavior would characterize him as the OPPOSITE of civil.

Not to mention the intentional misleading edits of my posts.

More like ruthless.

That's not getting into his years of posting history because that's off limits, but only on THIS thread.

Edited by Jingthing

It is clear to me that throughout all of this "banter" only one candidate has remained civil. His name? Well let's just say he has a couple of boys!

I don't agree that playing snarky games of play acting innocent is really being civil.

Also, the way he aggressively did the over the top Merry Christmas thing to me personally knowing that isn't my scene is extremely and INTENTIONALLY obnoxious.

It's your right to support that candidate but my experience of his posting behavior would characterize him as the OPPOSITE of civil.

More like ruthless.

That's not getting into his years of posting history because that's off limits, but only on THIS thread.

ooops

More like ruthless.

Merry Xmas JT! :D

• Like 2

Bunnahabhain 30 year old rolls in around £100 in duty free... a bottle of that used to last me a year.

Peaty...smoky....and a sip raises your beer to another level.....masterful IMHO.

New one on me, but Peaty & Smoky I don't think you can beat that

• Like 1

The word baiting comes to mind.

NOTHING at all wrong with saying Merry Christmas. I say it to people who are celebrating it.

But what he did, DIRECTED to me personally multiple times, was something entirely different.

More like ruthless.

You are being led JT, you can take a horse to water, but you really don't have to drink

Cochise, that was uncalled for in the present climate

I think his behaviour has been pretty shabby at times.

Yep, the opposite of not too shabby.

More like intentionally provocative with a fake smile as cover.

Look a poster here promoting his candidacy saying puffy things about his behavior. It doesn't wash. It isn't true. The evidence is here on this very thread.

Edited by Jingthing

We should, of course, when voting, be thinking about the posts made throughout the year rather than focusing on this thread. If you look at the topics started by some of the candidates, it kind of elevates a couple from the rest.