ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

I suppose it depends on the individual poster.

It also depends on the individual puppy!

Black and white together!

post-37101-0-86229700-1419674035_thumb.j

Fritzie and Buzzcuddles have been a virtual TIZZY since I took the lead.

Oh, behave!

Edited by Jingthing

Anyway ...

Good luck NancyL (smoky cold winds from the North on my tail w00t.gif )

Good luck Costas (maybe next year buddy? remember you are the taramasalata in my pita any day of the weekwub.png )

No message for me?

Surely some message of encouragement is in order from the Current Poll Leader ... Jingthing.

There are easily hundreds of worthy contributors here ... only a tiny few will EVER win this contest.

I think once is enough.

So that's my message.

I don't shy away from the TRUTHINESS.

Credit to the eternal STEPHEN COLBERT.

post-37101-0-60912600-1419674531_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Anyway ...

Good luck Costas (maybe next year buddy? remember you are the taramasalata in my pita any day of the weekwub.png )

No message for me?

Surely some message of encouragement is in order from the Current Poll Leader ... Jingthing.

There are easily hundreds of worthy contributors here ... only a tiny few will EVER win this contest.

I think once is enough.

So that's my message.

Surely its not about winning it once? If a poster continues to offer good informative material, he or she can win it again. Do I detect a smidgen of jealousy in JT's camp?

• Like 1

Anyway ...

No message for me?

I think once is enough.

So that's my message.

Surely its not about winning it once? If a poster continues to offer good informative material, he or she can win it again. Do I detect a smidgen of jealousy in JT's camp?

And some fun posts too. Life should be fun too.

Anyway ...

No message for me?

I think once is enough.

So that's my message.

Jealousy isn't the word I would use. I can't actually use the word I would use ... so let it be.

I have been on record now that I am against previous winners being eligible and if I do ascend to Poll Lord, they won't be.

If I am Poll Lord, Poll Lords also will be ineligible from the competition for obvious conflict of interest reasons, whether they have previously won or not.

It would be sweeter to ascend to Poll Lord as a previous winner, but that's another story.

Edited by Jingthing

Do keep it civil. We have some good candidates. I actually had to look a little at the posting history before deciding, BUT all have made contributions that are extraordinary. Some with volume and numbers, some with sheer information, some with colorful and thoughtful insight.

Politics is dirty, but try to stay above the fray and may the best Man...or Woman....win.

Deciding on Miss Congeniality will be a real challenge, from reading this thread.

Sir,

There has been no sexual misconduct in this election although I heard Costas had relations with what was reported to me to be a rodent.

Also mr Nancy has ordered an extra large TGAU with MrBitey's name engraved on it.

It's been a very exciting campaign. Thai forum Visa is #1 in south East Asia.

• Like 2

I'm glad to see other posters like Whambam can see the logic in voting for D48. JT has an ego the size of all the parallel universes, let's not feed it anymore!

I can clearly see all four finalists have big egos.

I plead guilty to having a healthy ego.

I credit my Mama for that.

• Like 1

Do keep it civil. We have some good candidates. I actually had to look a little at the posting history before deciding, BUT all have made contributions that are extraordinary. Some with volume and numbers, some with sheer information, some with colorful and thoughtful insight.

Politics is dirty, but try to stay above the fray and may the best Man...or Woman....win.

Deciding on Miss Congeniality will be a real challenge, from reading this thread.

Sir,

There has been no sexual misconduct in this election although I heard Costas had relations with what was reported to me to be a rodent.

Also mr Nancy has ordered an extra large TGAU with MrBitey's name engraved on it.

It's been a very exciting campaign. Thai forum Visa is #1 in south East Asia.

Has SoiBiker found his saddle yet?

I'm glad to see other posters like Whambam can see the logic in voting for D48. JT has an ego the size of all the parallel universes, let's not feed it anymore!

A healthy ego is fine however it tends to cloud reality sometimes and when that happens, toys must be taken away from children.

A healthy ego is fine however it tends to cloud reality sometimes and when that happens, toys must be taken away from children.

Hands off my keyboard, mate!

Poster of the Year is not a title with any power at all.

Poll Lord is.

This voting is about Poster of the Year.

The question of Poll Lord comes later.

Better to separate them ...

There were questions about what Hubby and I did last night:

First we started out on Soi 7 and I looked inside the Thai Visa Lounge. Hubby saw the sign and pulled me out. No loss. It looked as active as its Facebook page. The fact that we've chattered about my temporary command bunker in lower Suk on this thread and the fact that they haven't invited me to make an appearance speaks volumes, doesn't it? Really in tune this the Thai Visa crowd, aren't they.

Then Hubby had the bright idea to go up a little alley, or rat run that eventually dumped us out in Soi 5. Big,swinging place there with a German-speaking crowd and menu of heavy German food. Didn't stay. By then Hubby was getting cranky, so we went to a no-name Middle Eastern place with OK food, ate dinner and watched the good General's Friday night talk to the nation. Or rather I did since I was facing the TV. I read the English subtitles to Hubby who was was really impressed with my translation of the subtitles, commenting how I've really been studying hard with my Thai lessons,until he turned around and realized the subtitles were in English.

Today Hubby took in the Sois on the other side of the street while I worked on other stuff. When he didn't answer his phone, I realized he was out wandering around alone with his ATM card and a couple of credit cards. On the lower even number sois of Suk. What could possibly go wrong? Thankfully, he returned to the command bunker a couple hours ago and seems sober and well groomed. Haven't checked the bank balances yet, though.

So much for our day. Still have to get to Siam Paragon.

Off to buy some brand name goodies no doubt. Btw who writes your posts for you?

I hope when JT is Poll Lord he cuts the election down to a week or less from 12 days. Ridiculous amount of time allowed for this IMO.

I suppose, it's a little like travelling.

Some folk just want to get from A -> B in the fastest possible time.

Some folk just want to enjoy getting from A -> B in other words, they enjoy the journey.

In years past, usually the POTY has been an enjoyable journey, mainly due to the good humour of it's participants and contributors.

Sadly, this year, that sense of fun is sadly missing and the Goal (the winner) is viewed (by some) asthe prize ... not the journey.

IMHO ... the Journey is much more important ... and Fun.

Be that as it may, it's still way to long.

Chinese water torture comes to mind.

Whoever is Poll Lord next year, time for a redo!

When does voting for the Poll Lord commence?

When does voting for the Poll Lord commence?

I have no idea how this will be determined. Certainly there was never a poll to ordain Smokie, innit?

It's really a moderation matter at this point. This thing has gotten bigger and one of them has already indicated they may want to take over. All I'm doing is saying is that IF I do become Poll Lord ... there will be MULTIPLE changes (previously discussed so let's not beat this one to death, OK?).

beatdeadhorse.gif

Edited by Jingthing

First we started out on Soi 7 and I looked inside the Thai Visa Lounge. Hubby saw the sign and pulled me out. No loss. It looked as active as its Facebook page. The fact that we've chattered about my temporary command bunker in lower Suk on this thread and the fact that they haven't invited me to make an appearance speaks volumes, doesn't it? Really in tune this the Thai Visa crowd, aren't they.

Then Hubby had the bright idea to go up a little alley, or rat run that eventually dumped us out in Soi 5. Big,swinging place there with a German-speaking crowd and menu of heavy German food. Didn't stay. By then Hubby was getting cranky, so we went to a no-name Middle Eastern place with OK food, ate dinner and watched the good General's Friday night talk to the nation. Or rather I did since I was facing the TV. I read the English subtitles to Hubby who was was really impressed with my translation of the subtitles, commenting how I've really been studying hard with my Thai lessons,until he turned around and realized the subtitles were in English.

Today Hubby took in the Sois on the other side of the street while I worked on other stuff. When he didn't answer his phone, I realized he was out wandering around alone with his ATM card and a couple of credit cards. On the lower even number sois of Suk. What could possibly go wrong? Thankfully, he returned to the command bunker a couple hours ago and seems sober and well groomed. Haven't checked the bank balances yet, though.

Off to buy some brand name goodies no doubt. Btw who writes your posts for you?

That does pose an interesting question.

JT is obsessed with becoming a Lord. Just give him what he wants, which is obviously POWER.

I'm not really obsessed with becoming Poll Lord.

I have a lot of fresh ideas about how to improve the contest and I am very confident with my skills that I can upgrade it significantly, yes, even better than the management probably can. Sorry, that's my opinion.

Really, being Poll Lord is largely a thankless job and for that I appreciate Smokie for doing the work that I think I can do better.

As Poll Lord, you're subject to all kinds of criticisms ... you will never please everyone with your decisions, or probably even most people.

But the decisions need to be made ... or there is no Poll Show.

Outside of management, I would be really shocked if there are even more than a few people (other than Smokie and I) who would even be INTERESTED in volunteering to take that responsibility on.

So, anyway, we'll see ... LATERS.

• Like 1

I enjoyed reading this. Have you thought about having a you tube channel..Nancycam. That way your fans like me could watch in and see you on your adventures.

I have now changed my vote to you. I wasn't sure about you at first, mainly because of MrBitey but the more I see you the more excited I get.

• Like 1