Deestone tires only 3000 baht instead of 8000 Michelin ? any feedback ?

ThaiSanookGuy

Here is a problem I encountered a lot with the cheaper brand tyres after 6 months, I haven't had a Michy do this to me.

attachicon.giftyre.jpg

If I'm not mistaken that Tyre was manufactured in 1992. At least that's what the sidewall code says!

http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/passenger/care/age.aspx

ooooooooooooooooooooh, no wonder it had a problem.......sad.png

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I am amazed at this discussion. So I joined the site.

There is no doubt the top tyre companies make tyres that can make a difference to stopping in the wet or dry and get you around corners in simple terms. However good a driver you are, things happen.

When they do it’s best not to contribute to the local accident rate in my opinion.

I don’t drive interesting cars here. Vios, Hilux, CR-V but I suggest it’s not good to buy many of the Chinese tyres with strange names. 

I drive a Porsche and a semi performance Toyota in the UK. A friend put some Linglongs on the Toyota which is very tolerant to tyres and I replaced them immediately.

I am not a driving god but appreciate that good tyres keep you safer than ditchfinders.

Edited by FlybyWyre
Spell check
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

i totally agree if i had a porche id put good tyres on. if i had a honda civic coupe id probably put mediocre tyres on especially if i was only keeping it for 1-2 years. if i had a pickup truck that was just for work id put deestone or crap tyres on and replace them more often. every case has varying options and im certainly not putting 15,000 baht tyres on a car thats worth 200k

2 hours ago, djlest said:

i totally agree if i had a porche id put good tyres on. if i had a honda civic coupe id probably put mediocre tyres on especially if i was only keeping it for 1-2 years. if i had a pickup truck that was just for work id put deestone or crap tyres on and replace them more often. every case has varying options and im certainly not putting 15,000 baht tyres on a car thats worth 200k

Disagree ... whatever the value of your vehicle why not put tyres on that will stop you quickly both in the wet and the dry conditions,,, stopping just a few metres earlier can make a huge difference to the outcome.  Also could mean just getting around that bend rather than not quite getting around that bend ......

If you need to change tyres and really can't afford quality ones then your options are limited but so should be your driving .... quite a few tyre tests on Youtube, some a bit of an eye opener.

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1