Deestone tires only 3000 baht instead of 8000 Michelin ? any feedback ?

ThaiSanookGuy

So is Michelin overpriced shiite ?

If the difference between michelin and others is only around 1000 baht I will take Michelin by habit, I think it's not worth looking for cheaper, but if the difference is 4000 for each tire I will start to think.

Michelin 225/45r18 costs around 8000

if Thunder or Deestone cost 4000 its worth trying, I am not a pilot and have no interest in performance.

• Like 1

So is Michelin overpriced shiite ?

If the difference between michelin and others is only around 1000 baht I will take Michelin by habit, I think it's not worth looking for cheaper, but if the difference is 4000 for each tire I will start to think.

Michelin 225/45r18 costs around 8000

if Thunder or Deestone cost 4000 its worth trying, I am not a pilot and have no interest in performance.

Still no idea of the vehicle but according to the size you've mentioned, actually, doesn't seem like they list the Thunderer in that size but they do list the Michelins @ 7250 not 8000.

http://www.b-quik.com/en/index.php this link is a tire sizing and cost chart, the next link is the results of the first link.

http://www.b-quik.com/en/tyre_search.php

And Roadstones? @ even lower prices but I'm dubious about tires branded after Flintstone mobile tires, "Roadstones" seriously?? Never heard of em, can't vouch for em, and it's seems just another Bridgestone/Firestone name sake..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I'm no tyre expert but I think that it would be wrong to confuse Bridgestone with the other "Thai ..(something)stone" tyres. AFAIK Bridgestone is the leading Japanese tyre maker and a lot of Toyotas including my Sportivo tuna come with them as OEM.

I've been happy with them on my motor for 5 years (140,000km) and I'm half way through the second set. But my normal cruising speed on national multi-lane roads = 120kph, so not exactly putting them under undue pressure.

Not sure how they match up with Pirellis and Michelin (always went for Pirellis on my UK Jag soft top - at 250 quid a pop, ouch) but the Bridgestones have worked well for me and are significantly cheaper than Michelin.

If the Op is driving his Merc coupe as it should be driven there is no question of booting up with anything less than a Pirelli/Mich

On the other hand there is bound to be expert geeks out there who can change my perceptions with better facts!

• Like 1

I'm no tyre expert but I think that it would be wrong to confuse Bridgestone with the other "Thai ..(something)stone" tyres. AFAIK Bridgestone is the leading Japanese tyre maker and a lot of Toyotas including my Sportivo tuna come with them as OEM.

I've been happy with them on my motor for 5 years (140,000km) and I'm half way through the second set. But my normal cruising speed on national multi-lane roads = 120kph, so not exactly putting them under undue pressure.

Not sure how they match up with Pirellis and Michelin (always went for Pirellis on my UK Jag soft top - at 250 quid a pop, ouch) but the Bridgestones have worked well for me and are significantly cheaper than Michelin.

If the Op is driving his Merc coupe as it should be driven there is no question of booting up with anything less than a Pirelli/Mich

On the other hand there is bound to be expert geeks out there who can change my perceptions with better facts!

Right there are only two "stones" - Bridgestone and their own sub-brand Firestone. All the other *stone's are wannabe's trying to borrow some cache off the name.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

It's pointless are they for a farm truck or aBMW?.

Benz coupe

You drive a Benz but are here asking about Deestone tires for it? Have you no shame? tongue.png

Don't worry, I get it - you don't have money to spend if you don't know how to spend money, but sheesh, you're taking it to another level biggrin.png

This is the reason why I didn't want to say, I know that people here always think that they know better :-)

I always had German cars because I can buy them but I really don't care and don't consider them any different than a Japanese car, so I drive everywhere and I have been changing tires every 3000 kms, so maybe you can understand why I am getting bored to buy Michelin ?!

In case you don't know the reason why some smart people can buy luxury cars if because they know how to spend and are not used to be cheated, but if I give 8000 to Michelin every 3 months I will start to think that I am cheated !

And also I don't believe any of the BS marketing of Michelin (because I am also a marketing bullshiter !) or any other brand, rubber is rubber and no rubber part deserves 8000 baht in my opinion !

Why Michelin and Pirelli are supposed to be better than Bridgestone ?

Aren't they just all the same thing ? At least the top brands ?

• Like 2

Bridgestone are perfectly good truck tires, but they dont claim to make sports size tires suitable for Porche,BM,Benz etc or any performance vehicle .Pirelli are not so easy to find outside Bkk,and as Big Bike folk tell me their tires are rather more than a Deestone..coffee1.gif

If you think that local outfits like Deestone who specialize in made-to-a-price (i.e. bottom end) agricultural & commercial tires have the resources, patents, and technology that the big 5 have, go ahead, save that money wink.png

When you find their proving grounds, please let know - I've always wanted to do some hot laps on a rice paddy! biggrin.png

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

It's pointless are they for a farm truck or aBMW?.

Benz coupe

You drive a Benz but are here asking about Deestone tires for it? Have you no shame? tongue.png

Don't worry, I get it - you don't have money to spend if you don't know how to spend money, but sheesh, you're taking it to another level biggrin.png

This is the reason why I didn't want to say, I know that people here always think that they know better :-)

I always had German cars because I can buy them but I really don't care and don't consider them any different than a Japanese car, so I drive everywhere and I have been changing tires every 3000 kms, so maybe you can understand why I am getting bored to buy Michelin ?!

In case you don't know the reason why some smart people can buy luxury cars if because they know how to spend and are not used to be cheated, but if I give 8000 to Michelin every 3 months I will start to think that I am cheated !

And also I don't believe any of the BS marketing of Michelin (because I am also a marketing bullshiter !) or any other brand, rubber is rubber and no rubber part deserves 8000 baht in my opinion !

My soft compound, shaved, DOT race tires cost and were worth that much per tire in a much smaller size but also available for street applications. Seriously Op 3000 Km's on any new tires is ridiculous, maybe some serious issues with alignment going on? That's only 1800 miles? Nonsense, complete nonsense..

• Like 1

Bridgestone are perfectly good truck tires, but they dont claim to make sports size tires suitable for Porche,BM,Benz etc or any performance vehicle .Pirelli are not so easy to find outside Bkk,and as Big Bike folk tell me their tires are rather more than a Deestone..coffee1.gif

Have to disagree here Ace, maybe the tires offered in Thailand are not for sports applications but they sure do offer them outside of Thailand and they are very competitive tires with a lot of manufacturer backing.

I had low profile tires there on my car and they lasted me far more then 3000km's that's just plain nonsense. I ran them for months put about 30,000km's on them and sold the car with them still at half life and in good shape, and trust me, I drive them hard. i do have to admit though I'm not very good at hitting pot holes I usually manged to miss them is that not good driving? I did ruin one new tire once and a new rim in 10 years driving there, that one kind of miffed me, the pothole opened up like a sink hole instead with no notice, one day it wasn't there and the next it was and it was a deep, sharp one.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Have to disagree here Ace, maybe the tires offered in Thailand are not for sports applications but they sure do offer them outside of Thailand and they are very competitive tires with a lot of manufacturer backing.

This Guy only seeks attention not advice.Nice Benz, you fit nice Tires like any other sensible chap.

• Like 2