Applying for visa in Cambodia

Hey,

Has anyone applied for a tourist visa in Cambodia recently?

I'm wondering if you need an onward ticket for the application to be accepted.

I've never been asked for one before when applying in Malaysia/Laos, but I heard a rumor it's required in Cambodia.

Cheers

• Like 1

As of two months ago one didn't but can't confirm right now. However, someone will will surely post more current information. If not, search this forum for contact information on mr. Keo, a pp visa agent.

Actually last time I applied for a visa in Phnom Penh in 2012 a ticket in or out of the country [Thailand] was required, which I furnished with my application. So it's not a recent requirement it seems.

Thanks guys!

A few extra dollars for a cancelled plane ticket doesn't sound too bad.

I might even go for the multiple day trip to Savannaket if I feel up to it so I can get the double.

An free alternative would be to make a booking on an airline that allows you to make a booking without upfront payment. THAI is such an airline - as long as you book for a date at least 7 days in advance, immediate payment is not required. Book that, print it out and then use it to get a visa.

Why pay US$5 extra to a travel agent when it could only cost you the cost of printing out a booking confirmation or perhaps not even, if your hotel doesn't charge you anything for printing?

As of two months ago one didn't but can't confirm right now. However, someone will will surely post more current information. If not, search this forum for contact information on mr. Keo, a pp visa agent.

Actually last time I applied for a visa in Phnom Penh in 2012 a ticket in or out of the country [Thailand] was required, which I furnished with my application. So it's not a recent requirement it seems.

It seems to come and go depending on the whims of the Thai Foreign Ministry and whoever the visa desk officer is at the Phnom Penh embassy. I was there in September of this year and no ticket was required for a tourist visa.