Myanmar embassy seeking defence witnesses for Koh Tao accused

Lite Beer

From a post linked above:

"These families, in typical Thai fashion, tend to be incredibly jealous of each other, and highly competitive for every tourist dollar. There are many stories on the islands of what happens when one family perceives another family to have wronged them in one way or another and it generally involves petty rivalries over cash."

So when will one of the other 4 of the 5 controlling families decide to drop the hammer on the one involved?

How long did this take with the Sicilian mafia families?

From a post linked above:

"These families, in typical Thai fashion, tend to be incredibly jealous of each other, and highly competitive for every tourist dollar. There are many stories on the islands of what happens when one family perceives another family to have wronged them in one way or another and it generally involves petty rivalries over cash."

So when will one of the other 4 of the 5 controlling families decide to drop the hammer on the one involved?

How long did this take with the Sicilian mafia families?

It woulda already happened.

10846384_10205709046393824_4992774214714826275_n.jpg

Gentlemen, I hope and trust you all are. A wee bit of fun....? The lives of not just these two innocents are at stake, but this is also a contest between the rule of law in the Kingdom of Thailand vs.the rule of thugs on a few tiny islands that besmirch the reputation of all the good people of Thailand, and we visitors who choose to live here and invest our fortunes for a better way of life.

We are nearly out of funds and our work has not even started. The Defense team will meet this week to map our strategy and tactics, plan our budget, and set our path for the next 7 months leading to the start of taking testimony.

<snip>

Here are some videos that I hope you all will republish to all your contacts the world over. I have not rechecked the links but think I've removed blogs that the TVF police don't like, and hope the links work.

http://mikeestravels.com//the-dark-side-of-thailands-isla/

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210

Thank you sincerely on behalf of Win and Zaw

Mr SLESQ, my father taught me never to ask for hand outs. This way of collecting money will net you a small amount that will certainly be gone in a few weeks. The kind of international defense that the defence needs is going to cost hundreds of thousands. May I suggest a more lucrative way of earning funds. This would ilicite funds from all of the Thai supporters and foreign supporters.

May I suggest planning a proper fundraiser. If done correctly and well planned it could probably net almost all u need for the duration.

May I suggest start planning now. School holiday are March and April. We could probably hold 2 in Thailand. First you need to plan a large venue. U can ask for donations for that. Then organise booths for sale and proceeds to boys less our expenses. The lawyers can come. Andy can come,the csi lot will come . And of course I will be there. The defense team has 2 months to plan this.

Let's make a list shall we?

Venue

Booths

Organisers

Stars

Promotion

Would anybody on hear be interested to contribute. Please put your ✒name

GC can open a second hand sale booth .I have many old books and stuff. I can ask other people to donate stuff. All proceeds to boys.

I have free time during Sunday. I can be responsible for collecting names.no real name thank you. As we might have an accident. Who would like to contribute to a fundraiser.

Show of hands please

?greenchair

So SLESQ. What jai deep is saying is that. Yes we can have a fundraiser. Yes we can ask members if they would like to contribute time and goods. But first the organisers must contact thaivisa and tell them about the fundraising plan and get their blessings first.

I think that's right eh jai deep.

??

“Mr SLESQ, my father taught me never to ask for handouts. This way of collecting money will net you a small amount that will certainly be gone in a few weeks. The kind of international defense that the defence needs is going to cost hundreds of thousands. May I suggest a more lucrative way of earning funds? This would elicit funds from all of the Thai supporters and foreign supporters.

May I suggest planning a proper “organized meeting?” If done correctly and well planned it could probably net almost all u need for the duration.

May I suggest start planning now? School holidays are March and April. We could probably hold 2 in Thailand. First you need to plan a large venue. U can ask for donations for that. Then organise booths for sale and proceeds to boys. (You add… less our expenses).

The lawyers can come. Andy can come, the CSI lot will come . And of course I will be there.

The defense team has 2 months to plan this.

Let's make a list shall we:

·Venue

·Booths

·Organisers

·Stars

·Promotion

GC can open a second hand sales booth. I have many old books and stuff. I can ask other people to donate stuff. All proceeds to boys.

I have free time during Sunday. I can be responsible for collecting names.no real name thank you. As we might have an accident. Who would like to contribute to a fundraiser?
Show of hands please

greenchair

post-147580-0-72552800-1420444480_thumb.

Thank you for your excellent suggestion. It is worthy of being followed up on.

To not further violate, or even risk violating the TVF rules, I have changed your words and refer to your suggestion as planning for an “organized meeting” to help the lawyers for Win and Zaw conduct all the work needed to do, much more than just provide a show defense for the lads, and to save their lives.

We are now forming Action Groups that your good suggestion seems ripe to become another one. A purpose of these groups is to support the work of the Defense Team and not draw more of their time for tasks that go beyond their experiences and distract from their prime job.

I am a retired America trial/business lawyer consulting with the Defense Team; others on the Defense Team are active senior counsel admitted to practice law in the Kingdom who are skilled at trial and defense work. Others who work with the lawyers would be called Paralegals in the States. We also seek to use university and graduate students who will volunteer to do the needed paper work in Bangkok to prepare for the lawyer’s work.

Raising awareness and funds is not my forte or even in my skill set, and yet we have a many pronged approach, only one of which is to monitor websites and public forums to gain support and learn of good ideas, such as yours to hold an “organized meeting.”

We each are doing what we can to help, working without fee or payment of any kind, each underwriting his/her own costs. Some of the work being done by the Team and Groups should not be publicized for clear and obvious reasons. About using gathered funds to pay for direct costs: we are asking EVERYONE, vendors alike, to donate what they can even venue space, to make these all zero-loaded events.

As you seem well versed in the “organized meeting” approach, would you please start this new Action Group, put the group together, organize tasks based the strength of individual skills, and help us to do what we can do so well, when we put our minds and actions to this good purpose.

I will post most of this letter on the TVF pages and as well on Face Book to try to garner more support and needed skill and bodies to complete the tasks you have already started to organize.

Please share with me your e-mail address (preferably a Gmail and not Thai-based server to try to maintain security – you are getting mine by this Instant Message – IM). We have no need to share our real names or email addresses on these forums. But for building trust and ease of working relationship’s we must start with these basics.

All who are interested to work with “greenchair,” and who resided in Thailand, please send me an Instant Message.

“Greenchair,” I suggest that you as organizer should contact the TVF leaders to gain their support of open discussions of your “organized meetings.”

For those who are not in Thailand, you too can organize your own “meetings” that will help the Defense Team. Contact me and I will work with you all.

Thank you again for your good suggestion. We need you and more like you to help with these good ideas, and action.

• Like 2

Mr SLESQ, my father taught me never to ask for handouts. This way of collecting money will net you a small amount that will certainly be gone in a few weeks. The kind of international defense that the defence needs is going to cost hundreds of thousands. May I suggest a more lucrative way of earning funds? This would elicit funds from all of the Thai supporters and foreign supporters.

May I suggest planning a proper organized meeting? If done correctly and well planned it could probably net almost all u need for the duration.

May I suggest start planning now? School holidays are March and April. We could probably hold 2 in Thailand. First you need to plan a large venue. U can ask for donations for that. Then organise booths for sale and proceeds to boys. (You add less our expenses).

The lawyers can come. Andy can come, the CSI lot will come . And of course I will be there.

The defense team has 2 months to plan this.

Let's make a list shall we:

·Venue

·Booths

·Organisers

·Stars

·Promotion

GC can open a second hand sales booth. I have many old books and stuff. I can ask other people to donate stuff. All proceeds to boys.

I have free time during Sunday. I can be responsible for collecting names.no real name thank you. As we might have an accident. Who would like to contribute to a fundraiser?

Show of hands please

greenchair

Thank you for your excellent suggestion. It is worthy of being followed up on.

To not further violate, or even risk violating the TVF rules, I have changed your words and refer to your suggestion as planning for an organized meeting to help the lawyers for Win and Zaw conduct all the work needed to do, much more than just provide a show defense for the lads, and to save their lives.

We are now forming Action Groups that your good suggestion seems ripe to become another one. A purpose of these groups is to support the work of the Defense Team and not draw more of their time for tasks that go beyond their experiences and distract from their prime job.

I am a retired America trial/business lawyer consulting with the Defense Team; others on the Defense Team are active senior counsel admitted to practice law in the Kingdom who are skilled at trial and defense work. Others who work with the lawyers would be called Paralegals in the States. We also seek to use university and graduate students who will volunteer to do the needed paper work in Bangkok to prepare for the lawyers work.

Raising awareness and funds is not my forte or even in my skill set, and yet we have a many pronged approach, only one of which is to monitor websites and public forums to gain support and learn of good ideas, such as yours to hold an organized meeting.

We each are doing what we can to help, working without fee or payment of any kind, each underwriting his/her own costs. Some of the work being done by the Team and Groups should not be publicized for clear and obvious reasons. About using gathered funds to pay for direct costs: we are asking EVERYONE, vendors alike, to donate what they can even venue space, to make these all zero-loaded events.

As you seem well versed in the organized meeting approach, would you please start this new Action Group, put the group together, organize tasks based the strength of individual skills, and help us to do what we can do so well, when we put our minds and actions to this good purpose.

I will post most of this letter on the TVF pages and as well on Face Book to try to garner more support and needed skill and bodies to complete the tasks you have already started to organize.

Please share with me your e-mail address (preferably a Gmail and not Thai-based server to try to maintain security you are getting mine by this Instant Message IM). We have no need to share our real names or email addresses on these forums. But for building trust and ease of working relationships we must start with these basics.

All who are interested to work with greenchair, and who resided in Thailand, please send me an Instant Message.

Greenchair, I suggest that you as organizer should contact the TVF leaders to gain their support of open discussions of your organized meetings.

For those who are not in Thailand, you too can organize your own meetings that will help the Defense Team. Contact me and I will work with you all.

Thank you again for your good suggestion. We need you and more like you to help with these good ideas, and action.

So people. I have been designated the official organiser of organised meetings.

Stay tuned for more information on such meetings.

• Like 2

post-147580-0-19006200-1420892850_thumb.

A Face Book supporter of the two lads just posted this on her page:

Last December the families of Hanna and David, using the British FCO, issued very damning letters that appeared to support the RTP and go after out two innocent lads. The headlines of the day read, “Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing"

How can they say this.......Have they seen the Police Statement??? Surely Not. If they did then why would have made this announcement.

They have been misinformed... What can we do as a group is the question?

Well we could make their friends aware of what the truth is. For one. We have the letter. I have spoken to Maya Foa at Reprieve and asked her to call me.

She has confirmed its Genuine. If you’re unsure it has her email on it send her a mail ( KT4 )

So what does everyone think?

You can sit pulling stills of the snippets of video the Newspaper channels show and do that for years but it will not change a thing. The Thai police have hours of it not just a few seconds here and there, and they are not going to give it all to any of you on here.

The only chance we have got to make a difference is in the UK. Raise awareness of the fact that the Met done no tests nothing you have all read the letter I guess.

Some Potential people who we should contact

1. Friends of the deceased.
2. Local MP's................... Don't forget its an election soon so not only Conservative MP's like Brandon in Yarmouth but his opponents who should hold the UK government to task.
3. News organisations in the local area.
4. Any groups that the victims belonged to.
5. Number 10 email
6. Hugo Swire FCO

You can sit with aching arms splitting movies all day long but it will be fruitless. The B2 need an Independent DNA test. A thorough independent verification of evidence by 3rd Party detectives, which is what David Cameron led us to Believe, was going to happen. We can’t make them do this. BUT The families can. Friends of David & Hannah can. Last weekend they had a day for Hannah near Yarmouth. These are people who care about Hannah. All these people should be made aware of our governments failings in this case.

Talk is CHEAP Mr Cameron....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send me an IM if you want to organize fund raisers or make a contribution of your own.

The amount of money we need is simply daunting….

post-147580-0-26816900-1420892984_thumb.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal. Please stop using oversize font when posting.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if there were t shirts for sale to support the b2.with 10 million Thais who all know about the goats it might be popular. If there was such a t shirt. I wander what a good design might be. This is the year of the goat which seems fitting for the boys. I might like to get something going since there is a t shirt shop just around the corner from my house. I would be very interested in seeing what design people might have. Something fun but with a deeper message I think. Please post or pm me. You might get a surprise .????

Wouldn't it be a good idea if there were t shirts for sale to support the b2.with 10 million Thais who all know about the goats it might be popular. If there was such a t shirt. I wander what a good design might be. This is the year of the goat which seems fitting for the boys. I might like to get something going since there is a t shirt shop just around the corner from my house. I would be very interested in seeing what design people might have. Something fun but with a deeper message I think. Please post or pm me. You might get a surprise .????

Brilliant idea Greenchair, I would buy a few and know lots of people who would do the same

post-147580-0-68550500-1420961278_thumb.

Andy Hall posts on his Face Book pages: “MWRN accused fair trial defence team's [defense] fund is now empty....”

I am NOT here asking for funding or support.... this is for information only.

We are grateful for the support of the Myanmar government and people.

While the Governments of some nations offer little or no litigation help when their citizens run into trouble, the government of Myanmar officially has proclaimed the innocence of these two lads following it's own independent investigation (fully shared with the Defense Team) and is paying all costs in Myanmar to search for and encourage their citizens to return to Thailand for the trial. That government is also paying the costs to bring the lad's parents and important religious support to the trial. No Aussie, Brit, or citizens from other nations has seen or expects their own government to do as much.

Very few if any incarcerated inmates when acquitted and released ever succeed in suing the arresting nation, even people held improperly on death row for decades. No one has the right to expect the two lads here to recover a baht when this ordeal is over... We hope they leave this land with the lives and for that, we will be very happy.

We anticipate out-of-pocket costs alone (coach air fare, modest hotel with meals and local transport) for the 3 month long period of testimony (July, August, & September) will exceed 1 million THB and that does not leave any money for the first / next 6 1/2 months to prepare properly for the trial.

Some are thinking of raising funds by making and selling T-shirts. Others have more ideas. Please do all you can as these kids are truly innocent.

To see the evidence the prosecution does not have (in the haha..."perfect case") and to then not to be able to put on a proper defense can make us all ill. And yet if we can’t pay for a proper defense, we will be calling for a Royal Pardon or these lads will surely die!

Please send me a private message by clicking on my logo or nick name to see my profile page, and then click on the “send me a message” button. I will reply to all relevant and polite inquiries.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal. Please stop posting using overly large fonts.

Can someone help me to design a tshirt to raise some much needed funds for the boys. I really am not that bright in the art department. Though I am very bright in other areas ?.it really would be a shame if the boys lost their lives over money. Come on people get with the spirit of giving ?????

Can someone help me to design a tshirt to raise some much needed funds for the boys. I really am not that bright in the art department. Though I am very bright in other areas ?.it really would be a shame if the boys lost their lives over money. Come on people get with the spirit of giving ?????

There you go:

post-70157-0-31678500-1420965985_thumb.j

There you go:

attachicon.gifDubiousCause.jpg

Brilliant AleG, just about wraps you up in one

A dubious cause eh,

There you go:

A dubious cause eh,

If you want to give money to help two men whom the available evidence, as it stands now, indicates as taking part in a brutal rape and murder, you are supporting a dubious cause; to say nothing of what that money would be actually used for, since the Myanmar government is already covering the defense expenses.

There you go:

A dubious cause eh,

If you want to give money to help two men whom the available evidence, as it stands now, indicates as taking part in a brutal rape and murder, you are supporting a dubious cause; to say nothing of what that money would be actually used for, since the Myanmar government is already covering the defense expenses.

Sorry I give Andy Hall more credibility than you and as he is the one who looks after and administers the fund as well as publishing regular accounts then I am more than happy to carry on.

Well aleg since we must stay on topic. The defense seek witnesses. Then probably the Myanmar government will cover expenses only for the lawyers. And I am under the impression that even some of that money has come from donations. I surmise that extras such as overseas witnesses, push from Andy and his team and many other expense are needed for the fairest trial. Now many of us do not know if they are guilty or not. We all just say, the risk of losing 2 21 year old lives is worth a thorough investigation. Even you want the truth aleg.

So keeping on topic. To get all the witness testimony for truth we need a tshirt design.

Even you can put in your idea for a tshirt. To get the proof that they are guilty. It's a win win ????

post-147580-0-74076100-1420982073_thumb.

The government of Myanmar is standing behind its citizens, conducted its own investigation and found compelling evidence that the two lads are innocent. This is most unlike some other nations who abandon their own citizens to “Thai-style” justice.

The government of Myanmar is paying ONLY the costs to maintain their two citizens: cost in prison and to bring their parents and other moral/religious supporters to the jail to tend to the emotional needs of the young, innocent men. It will also pay to have its citizens return to testify in Thailand, or provide safe places in Myanmar for testimony to be taken there.

All defense legal fees are waived. There are no lawyers on the Defense Team being paid by anyone. We do this work for free, for the public good, called Pro Bono Publico, as part of our obligation to justice, real justice not Thai-style justice.

The prosecution is being fully paid and fully supported in all its costs by the Thai government.

The Defense Team has a formidable opponent, not the few silly voices on this Forum but the full power and force of the Nation against two innocent young men.

There are members on this Forum who know nothing and pretend to know all. Shame on those people who either cruelly think they are being funny or they are just lonely, sad, terrible people.

We on the Defense Team need help to help the two innocent lads. We trust that the bulk of the people on this Forum are good and intelligent,who want to know the truth, and who will listen to their own hearts, as well as to real facts as we are are able to dig them out and present them in court.

We will not discuss our tactics, strategy, or the facts outside of court, no matter how many taunts are offered by a few silly, know-nothing folks on this Forum.

• Like 1

Gentlemen, I hope and trust you all are. A wee bit of fun....? The lives of not just these two innocents are at stake, but this is also a contest between the rule of law in the Kingdom of Thailand vs.the rule of thugs on a few tiny islands that besmirch the reputation of all the good people of Thailand, and we visitors who choose to live here and invest our fortunes for a better way of life.

We are nearly out of funds and our work has not even started. The Defense team will meet this week to map our strategy and tactics, plan our budget, and set our path for the next 7 months leading to the start of taking testimony.

<snip>

Here are some videos that I hope you all will republish to all your contacts the world over. I have not rechecked the links but think I've removed blogs that the TVF police don't like, and hope the links work.

Mr SLESQ, my father taught me never to ask for hand outs. This way of collecting money will net you a small amount that will certainly be gone in a few weeks. The kind of international defense that the defence needs is going to cost hundreds of thousands. May I suggest a more lucrative way of earning funds. This would ilicite funds from all of the Thai supporters and foreign supporters.

May I suggest planning a proper fundraiser. If done correctly and well planned it could probably net almost all u need for the duration.

May I suggest start planning now. School holiday are March and April. We could probably hold 2 in Thailand. First you need to plan a large venue. U can ask for donations for that. Then organise booths for sale and proceeds to boys less our expenses. The lawyers can come. Andy can come,the csi lot will come . And of course I will be there. The defense team has 2 months to plan this.

Venue

Booths

Organisers

Stars

Promotion

GC can open a second hand sale booth .I have many old books and stuff. I can ask other people to donate stuff. All proceeds to boys.

I have free time during Sunday. I can be responsible for collecting names.no real name thank you. As we might have an accident. Who would like to contribute to a fundraiser.

Show of hands please

?greenchair

clap2.gif I'm in. I'm also in for finding Fresh Milk and making his life miserable. But that could be difficult and dangerous....kind of like being a tourist on KT.

<snip>

Venue

Booths

Organisers

Stars

Promotion

Show of hands please

?greenchair

clap2.gif I'm in. I'm also in for finding Fresh Milk and making his life miserable. But that could be difficult and dangerous....kind of like being a tourist on KT.

Most of us accept the rtp will never get that little sneak.

But as for myself I will be content with a fair trial. That 21 year old boys would have their life back. I am looking for tshirt designs. I want to sell them to raise money for the boys.

Sorry I give Andy Hall more credibility than you and as he is the one who looks after and administers the fund as well as publishing regular accounts then I am more than happy to carry on.

Twice I noticed the defense using dishonest methods in asking for funds, once claiming the defendants were at risk of being executed before the beginning of 2015, the second claiming that donations would be tax deductible, both claims were false.

I don't give people that solicit money using deceptive tactics to be credible.

• Like 1

Twice I noticed the defense using dishonest methods in asking for funds, once claiming the defendants were at risk of being executed before the beginning of 2015, the second claiming that donations would be tax deductible, both claims were false.

That may be true, but as I said I support the fund that is organized, supported, administered and full accountable for its spending by Andy Hall who is working on this case to ensure a fair and transparent trial, that's all anyone can ask for in this sorry mess

At the end of the day some people want to see a fair trial, and some people don't.

Lets not forget the case only went to court because the 7 returns and out lark was almost up. They still have no more evidence the Burmese committed the crime than they did 5 months ago.

P.S. give us a link to the defense claiming the boys would hang before 2015 and not just a poster saying it ? I look forward to your proof.

Edited by berybert