Thai tourist visa

I came into Thailand on a single entry Tourist Visa which i extended for an extra month recently.I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.After this month expires i would like to stay 1 extra month and no more..Could i achieve this by doing a visa run and obtaining a 30 day visa exempt (from uk)or would i run into problems.I have no back to back visa's in my passport. Thanks for any advice

At the Cambodia border they only allow one visa exempt after flying in and getting one.

The guidelines immigration has issued restricts doing an in/out visa run after using the full 30 days of an entry and then going out and immediately returning for another one.

You could do a border run to get a exempt entry. They only restrict doing if you are on a visa exempt when you leave the country.

You will get 30 days since you are from the UK (G7 rule).

What happens if you leave the country for a day trip to an ajoining country and come back that day or the next with a 30 day visa exemption?

Problems I assume as you are a out/in patron even though your intentions were only to visit not to work the 30 day exemption rule for extra days.