ATM Fees Raised But Now There's a Free Coke

Well, Bangkok Bank just raised their fees for withdrawals by VISA from 150 to 180 Baht. It was one of the last banks to raise the foreign card fees.

I guess it's me going back to Kasikorn now (also 180 Baht)... their transaction slip contains a voucher for a free Coke in Family Mart. You might have to ask around a bit, but I finally found a shop that does them :)

• Like 1

Yeap, the Bangkok Bank website under its ATM Fees Section now shows a foreign card Visa withdrawal fee of Bt180...previously Bt150. I guess the Thai Bankers Association made them get inline with the other Thai banks...or the bankster execs wanted a bigger end of year bonus.

Now, wonder how long it will take for the Thai banksters to raise the foreign card Visa/Mastercard ATM withdrawal fee to Bt200 as I think Bt180 is an unlucky number.

post-55970-0-77346800-1419086133_thumb.j

I've been paying that 180 baht fee at BKBK for quite a while. Really annoying thing is the limited withdrawal - only 20~25k baht.

Seems one can get 30k baht from TMB, but still pay that 180 baht fee.

If your card is a Mastercard logo it has been Bt180 for quite a while, but a Visa logo was Bt150 until recently....or at least that's what the Bangkok Bank Fees webpage reflected and several posts only a few months old talking fees and max withdrawal amounts at various Thai bank ATMs.

• Like 1

If your card is a Mastercard logo it has been Bt180 for quite a while, but a Visa logo was Bt150 until recently....or at least that's what the Bangkok Bank Fees webpage reflected and several posts only a few months old talking fees and max withdrawal amounts at various Thai bank ATMs.

That is correct. I used my Schwab ATM with a Visa logo at a Bangkok Bank ATM this past Wednesday and was only charged 150 baht. I've never been charged more than this at Bangkok Bank though I was charged 180 baht with the same card at Siam CB last Monday.

• Like 1

I have two slips here, one from the 19th of December with a 150 Baht charge and one from the 20th with a 180 Baht charge. I used the same card both times.

From the same bank ATM? For example, both withdrawals were from a Bangkok Bank ATM? Or maybe you used an ATM owned by bank Y and then another ATM from another bank Z?