Fake police vehicle?

Asiantravel

I have often seen this dark green coloured jeep parked in big C extra on Pattaya Klang . It says traffic police on the side as well, as Thai writing which I can't understand. The police badge ( in Thai ) looks reasonably authentic as well as the rooftop red light.

The biggest surprise is when the doors open a regular farang middle-aged man and woman get out wearing casual clothes so the odds are that it is a fake police vehicle. I'm just surprised that they can get away with this? And I wonder what is the motivation to do this? Just for fun?blink.png

I don't believe anything like this would be allowed by the authorities in most Western countries.

post-149848-0-79122600-1419243849_thumb.

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

The vehicle belongs to the leader of the Highway Police foreign volunteers and has stickers saying it is speeder check vehicle number xxx as well as the police lights on top. Obviously the highway police have authorised this but all who see it feel it is way over the top and an unnecessary display of any role he plays.

Blow me down with a feather!ohmy.png

So presumably he has some authority to pull people over for speeding ?

The trouble is if he pulled me over for speeding dressed casually the way he was today and with a farang lady sitting in the passenger seat I would never be able to take them seriously. I would think they were pranksterslaugh.png

Edited by Asiantravel

About a year ago I noticed a Hummer H2 turn on police sirens and hidden red/blue lights, speeding and forcing vehicles aside.

Only to stop at the 24h Mart on Thappraya/Thepprasit intersection to buy cigarettes, regular farang.

Sometimes I wonder how people dare, it had a slim led red/blue lightbar on the ceiling and leds hidden all over.
Hard to notice when the stuff was turned off, have a photo somewhere of the car and plates.

What if that guy had run into the real police, goddamnit.

Edited by Josasp

About a year ago I noticed a Hummer H2 turn on police sirens and hidden red/blue lights, speeding and forcing vehicles aside.

Only to stop at the 24h Mart on Thappraya/Thepprasit intersection to buy cigarettes, regular farang.

Sometimes I wonder how people dare, it had a slim led red/blue lightbar on the ceiling and leds hidden all over.

Hard to notice when the stuff was turned off, have a photo somewhere of the car and plates.

What if that guy had run into the real police, goddamnit.

I believe he actually did run into the real police. Others might know more to elaborate. 55555....MS>

Why bother this guy has absolutely no authority to pull anyone over.

He won't be allowed police plates on his vehicle and if he went to Bangkok the real cops would probably pull him over anyway.

He must be a very insecure person.

• Like 1

The vehicle belongs to the leader of the Highway Police foreign volunteers and has stickers saying it is speeder check vehicle number xxx as well as the police lights on top. Obviously the highway police have authorised this but all who see it feel it is way over the top and an unnecessary display of any role he plays.

PS the Thai on the side - as opposed to letters on the front window - simply give the emergency number for "urgent and serious" matters.

Peter,

How on earth could they check speed from that pile of crap?

Are you telling us it's got a radar fitted to it?

A 'Checked Speedometer' ?

Even its own tyres look non original.....its instrumentation would be out....

CrAzy. How embarrassing for these people.

Well we know now it is not fake.

Of course it's a fake the guy that drives this has the authority to inspect vehicles during official police checkpoints as a member of the Thai Traffic Police Volunteers, not play Starsky and Hutch screaming around Pattaya pulling people over.

If you want to buy flashing lights and stickers and put them on your car you can, and you will have the exact same authority as this clown. Zero.

• Like 1

Thanks for claryfing this, I even was once time driving damn slowly one time behind this vehicle because I wasnt sure what the hell the purpose of this vehicle was...biggrin.png

Official Police cars have a reddish brown plate. If you see this clown give him the finger.

• Like 2

Thanks for claryfing this, I even was once time driving damn slowly one time behind this vehicle because I wasnt sure what the hell the purpose of this vehicle was...biggrin.png

It doesnt have a purpose, just a saddo acting out his own wet dream of being a police officer

Only once he's vaselined himself into his tight black leathern spanking shorts (or ''Lederhosen'', if you will)

• Like 1

Why is everybody on this guys back ? Are you jealous ?

Whats the issue with a farang volunteer with an official vehicle ?

Surely he too has to play by the rules. Unless he did pull you

over all alone and play a big shit, why is everybody jumping on him ???

luudee