Are Scandinavians racist? In Bang Saen they are.

yougivemebaby

Just get over it man, or build your own village and only sell the houses if the buyers are from your country of berth, tell the rest to get lost, up to you.

Also in Bangkok there are certain bars only for Japanese men, all others are refused entry.

I am from Scandinavia myself and as mentioned prefer to mingle with different nationalities.

I also work for a British owned company based in Singapore for over 12 years now.

My current village have all kind of nationalities and I don't mind at all.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Scandinavians are prolly the nicest, sincerest people you ever meet!

How is it racist to build a community, and accept only people from your homeland, or region?

Most people, especially older people feel more comfortable socializing with their contrymen.

This word racism is used today at any oppotunity, often when people feel they are not given 'proper' responce, and 'respect' they feel they deserve.

The word 'racist' shouldn't be used lightly, at any random encounter. It debases the word, and the word loses its true meaning.

• Like 2

I don't think you can call the Scandinavian Village racist. The criteria to live there is to be 50 years old or over and to be able to speak a Scandinavian language. In the case of a couple, one has to be over 50 and speak Scandinavian.

So they do discriminate against young people that cannot speak a Scandinavian language but they are not racist.

They have lots of different services and activities there, all to accommodate Scandinavian speaking retirees.

SV is actually a BOI company where you buy shares in the company that owns all the units in the village against receiving the complete use of a unit and all the facilities, you do not get a title for the unit like when you buy a condo but you have a contract with the BOI company.

Okay so as long as you're over 50 or can speak Scandinavian language you're welcome to stay. Regardless

Of age, skin color, or nationality. A American or German national

That can speak the language is acceptable ? That's understandable. I guess. I suppose I titled the post wrong. It was more of a question as to what I was told by the awkward guy. So the main reason they want scandi speaking is because most of the older ones generally don't use a 2nd language .

Simple enough for me.