bought bike from uk friend , document change very easy

Damsurin

bought this bike from friend whom works in pattaya , i thought it would be a nighmare to change paper work? WRONG easy

first you go to imigration at jomtien , fill in a formfor new onership , took about one hour to do all paper work paid 200 baht ,

then me and fiend went with his passport work permit and bike up to office near regent school , on ryong road , they inspected the bike took my paper work with stamp on from jomtien office my passport paid 300 baht , went back for new paper work 3 days later EASY 555

post-222332-0-86044400-1419315640_thumb.

post-222332-0-57782400-1419315643_thumb.

• Like 1

they inspected the bike took my paper work with stamp on from jomtien office my passport paid 300 baht , went back for new paper work 3 days later EASY 555

Well, done...

300 Baht means, the Office did all the transfer for free, or probably they put some of their own money in.

Seriously, I've transferred numerous bikes and the fees at the DLT alone are ~300 Baht at best (depending on the bike and the circumstances).

The "offices" usually charge 800-1000 Baht (or more) for their assistance.

So your story is a little bit....uhhmm...hard to believe.

whistling.gif

Edited by Turkleton

they inspected the bike took my paper work with stamp on from jomtien office my passport paid 300 baht , went back for new paper work 3 days later EASY 555

Well, done...

300 Baht means, the Office did all the transfer for free, or probably they put some of their own money in.

Seriously, I've transferred numerous bikes and the fees at the DLT alone are ~300 Baht at best (depending on the bike and the circumstances).

whistling.gif

Means you got ripped off! If you do the transfer yourself directly at the DLT the charges are around these the op mentioned depend on the cc of bike of course.

If u do it via a middlemen you always pay more. Do it yourself its not rocke science!

Well, done...

whistling.gif

my thai lady said it was 340 baht not 300 sorry 555

At immigration, the buyer (you) obtained a certificate of residence and not a "form for new ownership", I suspect.

You then went to the Land Transport Department Office.

From memory, when I sold a CBR 150, the transfer fee was 500 Baht. Did you buy something smaller?

Edited by Briggsy

At immigration, the buyer (you) obtained a certificate of residence and not a "form for new ownership", I suspect.

You then went to the Land Transport Department Office.

From memory, when I sold a CBR 150, the transfer fee was 500 Baht. Did you buy something smaller?

pcx 125 as in pix