Avoiding 'iffy' expats......

ThePlant

Of course the services of www.LannaCareNet.org are at no charge. We don't have funds available to give to clients, however. Take some time and look at the website. The problem is that Beetlejuice can't cite one instance of malfeasance. I've tried to send him a PM to discuss this issue in the past, but he has his PM function turned off. I didn't even know it was possible for someone to turn off their PM function!

Yes, clients have been referred to LCN thru Thai Visa. There have been situations where people turn to this forum asking for help; they don't know where to turn to help a neighbor or a friend. I've contacted them and been able to get them in touch with the appropriate resources. In some cases, we've saved lives. Not me, mind you. But the resources of the organization have allowed a friend to save another friend's life. That's the power of Thai Visa.

As for AFT, he's got a burr under his saddle about the CM Rotary clubs. I challenged him for details in another thread and said I'd check it out and if it proved to be true, I'd be "man enough" to come on TV and admit there is (or was) a problem. Then he backed down. Something about it was long ago and the people involved are dead and he doesn't wish to stir up trouble or whatever. Instead, I guess, it's just easier to sit back and throw stones from behind his keyboard. Yes, I encourage you to do exactly what he says and get down to CM Int'l Rotary Club and see what's going on. They're helping a whole lot of Thai, Burmese and hill tribe people.

Sir,

It Mr Bitey out on the town again? Also how is your cat?

People like yourself have done so much for the gay community, you should be very proud.

Can anyone in the community join the Rotar club? Can you message me an application please?

I also plan to be a moderator here at TVF.

Krap krub krap.

You know, I really should save the previous post as a Word document so I can just paste it next time I have to respond to another attack from Beetlejuice and his friends . ilk. Edit: by his own admission Beetlejuice doesn't have friends. I doubt Beetlejuice and and AFT know each other.

Didn't Allan Hall endorse you yesterday?

Sir,

I was talking to Mr Hall yesterday, in CM. He's a gentleman, I certainly felt privileged to speak wi him.

He he

• Like 1

You know, I really should save the previous post as a Word document so I can just paste it next time I have to respond to another attack from Beetlejuice and his friends . ilk. Edit: by his own admission Beetlejuice doesn't have friends. I doubt Beetlejuice and and AFT know each other.

I am not attacking you and have never made any attacks on you personally. I am making legitimate criticisms having legitimate concerns on the way your outfits are run.

I really have a disdain for the ways that you make vicious unwarranted insults on people, their families and friends. Perhaps this is the true NancyL character and how you really feel about those who go against the grain with you?

Fair enough the Alan Hall saga is in the past, but I have not seen that you have done anything or placed any safeguards to protect the vulnerable from such events happening again in the future, by you and groups that expect respect and credibility solely on face value and trust, are unregulated and answerable to no one but yourselves.

• Like 1

I am not attacking you and have never made any attacks on you personally. I am making legitimate criticisms having legitimate concerns on the way your outfits are run.

I really have a disdain for the ways that you make vicious unwarranted insults on people, their families and friends. Perhaps this is the true NancyL character and how you really feel about those who go against the grain with you?

Fair enough the Alan Hall saga is in the past, but I have not seen that you have done anything or placed any safeguards to protect the vulnerable from such events happening again in the future, by you and groups that expect respect and credibility solely on face value and trust, are unregulated and answerable to no one but yourselves.

Beetlejuice, once again I'll repeat what I've suggested in previous threads on this topic. Please come to board meetings of these organizations if you have concerns.

I do appreciate your acknowledgement that the Alan Hall saga is in the past. Yes, CM Expats Club has done quite a lot to insure that such events don't happen again. For starters, there is a new constitution and the Board is elected each year. That was never done in the past; the board was self-selecting. Also, the board officers are selected each year and the president serves at the pleasure of the board. Believe me, there have been a times when a decision I would have liked to make was overruled by the rest of the board. CEC had a business meeting in September to secure member input on the proposed constitution and the constitution and bylaws can be fairly easily changed if the members feel there aren't enough safeguards. Again -- not possible in the past for members to change the constitution.

There will be an Annual General Meeting on 16 January. The first ever.

It simply is not true for you to assert that there have been no safeguards put in place to protect the vulnerable from such events happening in the future. Now it truly is a members' organization and not a private club run for the benefit of one business group.

Edited by NancyL

I would just like to remind everyone that working paid or unpaid on a voluntary basis requires a work permit and a work permit cannot be issued on a retirement visa.

The only exceptions are Volunteer Police and one off acts of volunteer work.

• Like 1

I would just like to remind everyone that working paid or unpaid on a voluntary basis requires a work permit and a work permit cannot be issued on a retirement visa.

Sir,

It seems many farang in thailand choose to run the gauntlet. I wonder if there is a number that we can call to report such things.

You would thing the visitor to the country would abide by the laws here.

I mean, we all want to stop the iffy farang, surely ?

• Like 1

Sir,

It seems many farang in thailand choose to run the gauntlet. I wonder if there is a number that we can call to report such things.

I think BJ's boys will be paying a visit to the CM Rotary Club soon.

• Like 1

Sir,

I think BJ's boys will be paying a visit to the CM Rotary Club soon.

Yes, that's my point, I've been encouraging BJ and his friends to come to the meetings of these organizations if he has concerns.

Also, in previous threads I've addressed how it is that foreigners on retirement visa can do community service using the temporary work permit process and working in conjunction with Thai organizations, like the many Thai Rotary clubs in Chiang Mai.

Edited by NancyL

That really says it all. A registered or supposed to be registered charity has never had an AGM. Clowns.

Will the local police or immigration be at the meeting?

BJ's sons are a couple of Cops and his wife is a lawyer. You know what BJ's like once he gets on to something he's like a dog with a bone.

• Like 2

That really says it all. A registered or supposed to be registered charity has never had an AGM. Clowns.

No, I don't think so. We already had three top officials from Immigration come and speak as guests at our 22 October meeting about immigration procedures.

We finally received approval to post the video from that meeting on the CEC website. There needs to be a minor edit, which I'm trying to work on in between handling all these other posts and stuff during the holiday period. We hope to have that very helpful video on the CEC website before the AGM.

• Like 1

BJ's sons are a couple of Cops and his wife is a lawyer. You know what BJ's like once he gets on to something he's like a dog with a bone.

No, I don't really know that. I've just seen evidence of his tenacity on ThaiVisa. I'd welcome him stepping forward to address his concerns in person thru the appropriate channels.

Beetlejuice, once again I'll repeat what I've suggested in previous threads on this topic. Please come to board meetings of these organizations if you have concerns.

I do appreciate your acknowledgement that the Alan Hall saga is in the past. Yes, CM Expats Club has done quite a lot to insure that such events don't happen again. For starters, there is a new constitution and the Board is elected each year. That was never done in the past; the board was self-selecting. Also, the board officers are selected each year and the president serves at the pleasure of the board. Believe me, there have been a times when a decision I would have liked to make was overruled by the rest of the board. CEC had a business meeting in September to secure member input on the proposed constitution and the constitution and bylaws can be fairly easily changed if the members feel there aren't enough safeguards. Again -- not possible in the past for members to change the constitution.

It simply is not true for you to assert that there have been no safeguards put in place to protect the vulnerable from such events happening in the future. Now it truly is a members' organization and not a private club run for the benefit of one business group.

And yet an employee of Alan Hall, is working closely with you, selling health insurance without a work permit for selling that product.

You personally recommend members to buy health insurance from him, despite his employers past scams, and his failure to get the correct work permit.

As you have totally failed to get the scammers out of the expats club, I expect your resignation as chairman.

AOA -- we've been over this ground before on Thai Visa. No employee of Alan Hall's is a sponsor of CEC. Assist Insurance is a sponsor of CEC and their representative to CEC -- Andrew Williams is a former employee of Alan Hall's, not a current one.

If you expect my resignation as president (that's the correct term, not chairman) the place to ask for it is at the AGM, not on Thai Visa forum. Please do come to the meeting and ask for it. I noticed you weren't at the September business meeting, because no one "demanded" my resignation then. I hope you can come to the 16 January AGM.

Incidentally, I hear you're not really an American either, despite your Thai Visa name. Why are you misrepresenting yourself?

Edited by NancyL

Here is a question:

Does anyone of you have a farang best friend, meaning of any nationality and actually met here in Thailand that you could honestly say would trust without any doubts? Other than just bar buddies or those you meet up with at times for a chat and a bit of conversation.

I do.

• Like 1

Here is a question:

Does anyone of you have a farang best friend, meaning of any nationality and actually met here in Thailand that you could honestly say would trust without any doubts? Other than just bar buddies or those you meet up with at times for a chat and a bit of conversation.

I do.

I think many do G.

There are a lot of good people out there.

• Like 1

And yet an employee of Alan Hall, is working closely with you, selling health insurance without a work permit for selling that product.

You personally recommend members to buy health insurance from him, despite his employers past scams, and his failure to get the correct work permit.

As you have totally failed to get the scammers out of the expats club, I expect your resignation as chairman.

AOA -- we've been over this ground before on Thai Visa. No employee of Alan Hall's is a sponsor of CEC. Assist Insurance is a sponsor of CEC and their representative to CEC -- Andrew Williams is a former employee of Alan Hall's, not a current one.

If you expect my resignation as president (that's the correct term, not chairman) the place to ask for it is at the AGM, not on Thai Visa forum. Please do come to the meeting and ask for it. I noticed you weren't at the September business meeting, because no one "demanded" my resignation then. I hope you can come to the 16 January AGM.

Incidentally, I hear you're not really an American either, despite your Thai Visa name. Why are you misrepresenting yourself?

But the connection is still there, something you said you want to distance yourself from, and as our AmericanOneAmerican has mentioned, is this Andrew Williams character selling health insurance illegally without a work permit? And what about the commissions? If commissions are involved and you are recommending your members to buy insurance via this guy, then you are running a commercial business. Is this true or false?
Sir,

I'm thinking I might change my vote......I'm afraid I might have voted for the wrong type of person.

He he.

Edited by snottgoblin
  • Like 1

But the connection is still there, something you said you want to distance yourself from, and as our AmericanOneAmerican has mentioned, is this Andrew Williams character selling health insurance illegally without a work permit? And what about the commissions? If commissions are involved and you are recommending your members to buy insurance via this guy, then you are running a commercial business. Is this true or false?
Sir,

I'm thinking I might change my vote......I'm afraid I might have voted for the wrong type of person.

He he.

Oops is this the beginning of the slide into oblivion?

Sir,

He he.

Oops is this the beginning of the slide into oblivion?

Sir,

I am sorry, I don't know,what you mean.

I have changed my vote because there seems to be so much controversy in mr Nancy camp.

I wanted to vote for someone funny, witty and entertaining.

I voted for jing thing.....he is funny and very entertaining.

I hope this satisfies you question.

He he.

Did you vote?

Sir,

He he.

Your transformation....has already done wonders.....