Thai poll: Lower pump prices urges craving for holiday trip

webfact

Poll: Lower oil prices urges craving for holiday trip

BANGKOK, 24 Dec 2014 (NNT) – A recent survey by Bangkok University has found that lower oil prices did influence Thai people to consider taking a trip during the New Year holiday.

According to the poll, 68 percent of the respondents are planning to take a trip during the New Year season. As much as 63 percent admitted that cheaper petrol prices led to them to their decision to take a holiday trip more easily. The northern provinces of Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son and Chiang Rai are the most favorite places for the respondents.

Traffic accidents, congestion and overcrowded tourist spots were found to be the most worrisome factors. When asked about the politicians with whom the respondents wish to celebrate the countdown most, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha, former Prime Ministers Yingluck Shinawatra and Abhisit Vejjajiva proved to remain the three most popular ones in their opinion.

Economic recovery, corruption elimination and solution to social disunity, meanwhile, are the most eagerly-awaited New Year gifts they expect from the government.

The survey results were compiled from the answers of 1,207 people nationwide.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-24 footer_n.gif

Another waste of my time reading yet another worthless poll.

Since the majority of Thais travel via buses and vans and the reduced gas prices are not reducing fares for travel costs this article is meaningless

Another waste of my time reading yet another worthless poll.

Since the majority of Thais travel via buses and vans and the reduced gas prices are not reducing travel costs this article is meaningless

I don't quite get this. Most people I know here , and in the UK fill up by cash amount rather than in the number of litres. You know, 1000 baht worth. etc.

Now I know technically that will take you several more kilometres overall but you're going to have to travel a pretty long way until you can clutch 1000 baht in your hand and say 'Look darling how much I've saved for our holiday.

Also, while posting, I notice how many drivers leave their engine running whilst they are in 7-11 etc. Aircon I suppose, but they are probably using up their savings. Also I am sure it's illegal - certainly in the UK.

Happy festive season