US calls planned Thai poll delay to 2016 'unwise'

webfact

So others get their hand in the cookie jar, don't pretend the 'good people' are any better.

Please provide sources and evidence for the new guys' hands being in the cookie jar.

So far we have much evidence of hands of others being yanked out of the cookie jar, but aren't seeing any replacement hands going back in. If you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it.

I haven't seen that much evidence to be honest. The way they got into power is indeed corrupt, contrary to the previous government who got in fully in line with the constitution.

It isn't hard to imagine them ignoring other laws as they deem fit, in fact they have amnesty for doing so.

It must be extremely hard defending these guys and still be taken seriously Daffy..

I don't need to read 6 pages to know some people are shooting the messenger.

Of course the messenger is right, there cannot be any discussion, black is black and not grey.

The problem here is that even if that election comes around February 2016, the chance of it being a rubber stamp is pretty big. The junta knows that if they let the Thai electorate have a say, the same people will get into power.

The coup was staged for one reason, and one reason only. the wrong people had their hands in the cookie jar. All the rest is absolute <deleted>.

If those 'wrong' people had their hands in the cookie jar don't you think it would not be good idea to have them back ?

So others get their hand in the cookie jar, don't pretend the 'good people' are any better.

I neither pretend nor state anything about the current government. That was you. Also you normally go on and on about going back to the previous situation, for democracies sake. You seem to have no problem with those 'wrong' people getting their hands in the cookie jar.

Please provide sources and evidence for the new guys' hands being in the cookie jar.

So far we have much evidence of hands of others being yanked out of the cookie jar, but aren't seeing any replacement hands going back in. If you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it.

I haven't seen that much evidence to be honest. The way they got into power is indeed corrupt, contrary to the previous government who got in fully in line with the constitution.

It isn't hard to imagine them ignoring other laws as they deem fit, in fact they have amnesty for doing so.

It must be extremely hard defending these guys and still be taken seriously Daffy..

It seems easy for some to defend the others having their hands in the cookie jar because they were elected democratically. Mind you, no one is elected democratically to have the hands in the cookie jar.Allegedly that is.

• Like 1

I don't need to read 6 pages to know some people are shooting the messenger.

Of course the messenger is right, there cannot be any discussion, black is black and not grey.

The problem here is that even if that election comes around February 2016, the chance of it being a rubber stamp is pretty big. The junta knows that if they let the Thai electorate have a say, the same people will get into power.

The coup was staged for one reason, and one reason only. the wrong people had their hands in the cookie jar. All the rest is absolute <deleted>.

If those 'wrong' people had their hands in the cookie jar don't you think it would not be good idea to have them back ?

I neither pretend nor state anything about the current government. That was you. Also you normally go on and on about going back to the previous situation, for democracies sake. You seem to have no problem with those 'wrong' people getting their hands in the cookie jar.

No I never claimed to have no problem with anyone having their hand in the cookie jar.

I have a problem with how those hands are removed. It should be done in line with the constitution, not by staging a coup, abolishing said constitution, and draft your own.

Because such action would make you a criminal as well.

It seems easy for some to defend the others having their hands in the cookie jar because they were elected democratically. Mind you, no one is elected democratically to have the hands in the cookie jar.Allegedly that is.

I am not defending anyone having their hands in the cookie jar Rubl, I just want that these people are removed in line with the law of the land, which doesn't include staging a coup and make up your own laws.

One would think such a scenario to be perfectly possible under the 2007 constitution, providing ample proof could be presented.

No I never claimed to have no problem with anyone having their hand in the cookie jar.

I have a problem with how those hands are removed. It should be done in line with the constitution, not by staging a coup, abolishing said constitution, and draft your own.

With one party having no problems in dazzling the electorate with 'getting everyone rich' there was a need to break the pattern. To put all your faith in a non-functioning democratic system seems not the way to get anything done, apart from seemingly confirming the right some have to having their hands in the cookie jar.

So, lets see proper reforms first.

I am not defending anyone having their hands in the cookie jar Rubl, I just want that these people are removed in line with the law of the land, which doesn't include staging a coup and make up your own laws.

One would think such a scenario to be perfectly possible under the 2007 constitution, providing ample proof could be presented.

With all the negative remarks on the 2007 constitution and the courts I'm really surprised about your unwavering faith.

With one party having no problems in dazzling the electorate with 'getting everyone rich' there was a need to break the pattern. To put all your faith in a non-functioning democratic system seems not the way to get anything done, apart from seemingly confirming the right some have to having their hands in the cookie jar.

Yeah we see the beginnings of these reforms already, they seem to be determined to make this democracy even less functioning than it allegedly was. A bit of a repeat of 2007 when they first tried it.

You got to hand it to the military, if you don't succeed at first, try again.

The big question will be when the next round of reforms would be due, probably somewhere before 2020.

I haven't seen that much evidence to be honest.

So, just to make sure I get this right - you have zero evidence to support your speculations? Ok, got it.

The way they got into power is indeed corrupt

You really need to work on learning the definition of 'corrupt'. You use that word a lot, I don't think you know what it means.

contrary to the previous government who got in fully in line with the constitution.

Which is irrelevant in a discussion on graft and financial corruption.

It isn't hard to imagine them ignoring other laws as they deem fit...

Completely hypothetical, and seeing as how the method they got into power does not involve graft or financial abuses, and rather a platform of enforcing laws and fighting graft, it makes your speculation completely risible. Particularly since all their actions so far support their stated objectives of fighting graft and legal abuses.

Edited by DaffyDuck

As I had said since the coup that the general will continue to delay elections with excuses. So far the excuse is more time is needed for reforms to me completed. His alignment with China should tell you something. With martial law still imposed, freedom of speech denied and media controlled, who can voice opposition without the threat of imprisonment?

• Like 2

I haven't seen that much evidence to be honest.

So, just to make sure I get this right - you have zero evidence to support your speculations? Ok, got it.

The evidence I am referring to is the evidence against the previous administration. Not surprised you misunderstood.

The way the current lot got into power is very relevant. The way they currently excercise their power is also very relevant.

Something about breaking the law, replacing it with their own, imposing martial law which takes away quite a few rights that before were taken for granted.

But hey, that's all justified right, as they are setting up a platform against corruption and enforcing the law.

Except for corruption they benefit from and laws they deem not worthy of following.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For the USA bashers, in this forum, you should stay in your home country and make it the number 1 country in the world.

What list would that be ?

proper reforms first...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Love it.

Did you go to the PDRC rallies every day?

as a point of precision, ....

the military never takes its hands out of the cookie jar. That makes them one of the few institutions in Thailand to have such a luxury.

That also makes the point of 'replacement' hands mute - not that it was a valid point anyway. The evidence of military graft is almost never available until well after the fact.

As for breaking laws, you point it out - their interim constitution makes it impossible for the 'NCPO' to break the law. Literally, by definition, it is impossible for the 'NCPO' to break the law.

Amazing that some people are such 'yunta cheerleaders'

coffee1.gif

Edited by tbthailand

why doesn't the US piss off and mind its own business and reflect on fact that the vast majority of world hate them and their citizens a has been or about to has been power poking its nose into what has nothing to do with it. USA disgusts me and many.

• Like 1

the military never takes its hands out of the cookie jar. That makes them one of the few institutions in Thailand to have such a luxury.

That also makes the point of 'replacement' hands mute - not that it was a valid point anyway. The evidence of military graft is almost never available until well after the fact.

As for breaking laws, you point it out - their interim constitution makes it impossible for the 'NCPO' to break the law. Literally, by definition, it is impossible for the 'NCPO' to break the law.

coffee1.gif

The interim constitution gives them amnesty for the coup. Not for everything since the coup.

coffee1.gif

The interim constitution gives them amnesty for the coup. Not for everything since the coup.

There you go with those pesky facts again - careful, or you'll make tbthailand cry. He does seem to have a habit of making up things, or rather asserting things he wants to be true (like the prior 'ban from Europe').

This now make two such assertions of his in a row that have been proven incorrect by the facts - which pretty much can leaves us to assume that the vast majority of his assertions are equally made up wishful thinking.

• Like 1

Except for corruption they benefit from and laws they deem not worthy of following.

... speaking of making up assertions.

I'd ask you to support that assertion, but by now everyone knows that you won't, just like tbthailand's, and that your assertions are just fabricated wishful thinking, just like tbthailand's.

coffee1.gif

WB: please read what I wrote very carefully and then inspect article 44 of the interim constitution which clearly states 'all orders or acts are to be regarded as lawful and constitutional.'

coffee1.gif

There you go with those pesky facts again - careful, or you'll make tbthailand cry. He does seem to have a habit of making up things, or rather asserting things he wants to be true (like the prior 'ban from Europe').

This now make two such assertions of his in a row that have been proven incorrect by the facts - which pretty much can leaves us to assume that the vast majority of his assertions are equally made up wishful thinking.

quack, quack

why doesn't the US piss off and mind its own business and reflect on fact that the vast majority of world hate them and their citizens a has been or about to has been power poking its nose into what has nothing to do with it. USA disgusts me and many.

icare999, please tell us what your mother tongue is.

If it doesn't happen to be German, Italian, or Japanese, then maybe you should think about why you should be grateful to the Americans.

coffee1.gif

Amazing that some people are such 'misinformation cheerleaders'

:coffee1:

• Like 1