Pattaya people -- please put me over the top as Thaivisa Poster of the Year 2014!

Jingthing

Well no one can vote for anyone now as Scott has closed the thread - nice one Scott.

Amazing to see so much bickering going on in what should be a 100% light hearted and humorous thread.

I think Neverdie should win as he is the most light hearted out there.......

Time to move on ------

Well it's reopened.

It's worse than my sons kindergarten man and they have attacked JT just because he is gay which I think is very low and lack of intelligence.

If you can't find a good point of attack you can always aim below the belt.

I still have until the 30th to cast my vote, I am not sure I will vote, If I do, I got 2 candidates: JT (well he don't eat hamburgers which pulls him down a bit, LOL) or neverdie but I don't read that many of his posts but the ones I read was very good and often very funny too.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 2

Well no one can vote for anyone now as Scott has closed the thread - nice one Scott.

Amazing to see so much bickering going on in what should be a 100% light hearted and humorous thread.

I think Neverdie should win as he is the most light hearted out there.......

Time to move on ------

Well it's reopened.

It's worse than my sons kindergarten man and they have attacked JT just because he is gay which I think is very low and lack of intelligence.

If you can't find a good point of attack you can always aim below the belt.

I still have until the 30th to cast my vote, I am not sure I will vote, If I do, I got 2 candidates: JT (well he don't eat hamburgers which pulls him down a bit, LOL) or neverdie but I don't read that many of his posts but the ones I read was very good and often very funny too.

Honestly when I'm back in the USSA I do go for good quality burgers sometimes. But fast food crapola ... nope. To me Thailand isn't a good place for good burgers and no I won't pay 1000 baht for a burger here or anywhere.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So how does one change ones vote Jingthing...??

I first voted for sandman..... because for no other reason then I thought it might be a hoot having a dyslectic poster being the top guy.

Unfortunately...other people didn't think so, & I see he has sank out of sight.

As you feel you are well equipped to replace the dyslectic sandman, I will swing the whole might of my 1 vote your way.......

when I know how.......................coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

.."they have attacked JT just because he is gay"-----guzzi850m2

He is Gay...!!!...... whats he doing living in Patatya..??.........w00t.gif

Wow gay....I really will have to give this some real serious thinking about......... OK thought about it--you got it....clap2.gif

Seriously, ...... he isn't really getting attacked on ThaiVisa because of that surely.....???

Found the vote change button jingthing....its been did.....as an ex Pataya'rite .....Good luck....

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

I still own property in Pattaya and, since nobody from my Isaan village is in the running, JT has my vote.

Plus I usually enjoy his posts...although David has a better looking avatar.

Groveling is always good in political campaigns.

• Like 1

Someone seems to be doing everything possible to keep a candidate from Pattaya from winning, including repeatedly changing the rules. Vote for Jingthing, if you haven't already. Say no to Pattaya-bashing!

Hey, UG ... who is that 'someone' you refer to and where is there any evidence of Pattaya Bashing?

If you accuse, please have the facts to back up the claims.

.."they have attacked JT just because he is gay"-----guzzi850m2

Someone seems to be doing everything possible to keep a candidate from Pattaya from winning, including repeatedly changing the rules. Vote for Jingthing, if you haven't already. Say no to Pattaya-bashing!

Oh come on Ulysees ! There are also dirty tricks being played on NancyL with a new post from a newbie with an unfortunate name. I can't believe people are resorting to this kind of smear campaign. bah.gif bah.gif To which you have even sarcastically replied.

Edited by Asiantravel

I stuck up for Nancy too. This close election for such a highly regarded position is bringing out the dogs and Jingthing and NancyL are clearly the front runners, so are attracting the most venom.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785491-thaivisa-poster-of-the-year-2014-vote-now/?p=8855264.

Edited by Ulysses G.

JT has over 56,000 posts and not banned yet? Amazing.

Knock on wood. The night is young.

Folks, I'm REALLY gonna need your help in the next few days.

It seems to be a head on head between NancyL and myself.

NancyL is very worthy of winning as well so I'm not gonna knock her.

But if you want to help me after these SO MANY YEARS of close but no cigar to finally get the cigar, I'm gonna need it BIG TIME up until New Year's Eve.

Thank you for considering voting for moi.

To be clear I am quite the underdog here.

The other two finalists, David48 and Costas have significant blocks of votes ... and they will probably indeed be trying to push them to one of the two front runners as the end approaches and they resign to no chance of winning. and the moves probably won't be to me.

So the help I need from the locals here is really significant.

But isn't it true that people love to see the UNDERDOG win?

Well, don't believe the current totals as solid strength, seeing the bigger picture and those BLOCKS I talked about, I am definitely that, THE UNDERDOG.

Edited by Jingthing

But if you want to help me after these SO MANY YEARS of close but no cigar to finally get the cigar, I'm gonna need it BIG TIME up until New Year's Eve.

The other two finalists, David48 and Costas have significant blocks of votes ... and they will probably indeed be trying to push them to one of the two front runners as the end approaches and they resign to no chance of winning. and the moves probably won't be to me.

Well, don't believe the current totals as solid strength, seeing the bigger picture and those BLOCKS I talked about, I am definitely that, THE UNDERDOG.

The fact that you care one way or the other is a bit sad really.

You need to get out more.

Take up a hobby or something.

There is a real world out there you know.

This is a Post from the POTY Thread worth, I believe, reading ...

I am disapointed this year in the way this contest has developed.

In the past it was a way for regular posters to have a little dig at each other and give recognition to the enjoyment some of the posts have given.

The end award was never taken seriously by anyone.

This year it has changed.

It has in the end become a contest by someone who must have the award to add to the collection on the mantlepiece.

It is sad, the award is worth nothing and never has been.

What is priceless it the rapport between people who may never see each other but have become friends in some way through this forum.

The end of an era I guess.

So, referring to an above post ... IMHO, begging and campaigning is unbecoming.

In the past it was a way for regular posters to have a little dig at each other and give recognition to the enjoyment some of the posts have given.

It has in the end become a contest by someone who must have the award to add to the collection on the mantlepiece.

What is priceless it the rapport between people who may never see each other but have become friends in some way through this forum.

For goodness sake, David why don't you just leave Jingthing alone? You've gone out of your way to bait and antagonize him during the entire campaign -- about his sexual and religious orientation. Yet, when anyone says anything about your personal life you cry foul. You're the good little family man, above reproach. What a hypocrite! If that isn't dirty campaigning, what is it?

Why don't you do what Jingthing and I have done -- go onto your local forum and campaign, remind your friends that you're in a contest and you'd like to win. What's the matter with that? It's not begging, it's not groveling. It's just making them aware there's something going on elsewhere on ThaiVisa in a forum they may not otherwise visit.

Or is it that you don't have a home forum, no place where people appreciate your posts? No place where people think "gee, that David48, really shared some valuable information" I guess not.

Thank you so much, NancyL.clap2.gif

I couldn't have said it better.

As some know NancyL and myself are "fighting it out" in a VERY CLOSE two person race at the top, with two candidates trailing Costas and David48 (LAST YEAR'S WINNER).

In fact, early last morning we were TIED.

Right now I have a new lead ... but of a size that could vanish again quickly.

I am really glad that so far and I really hope until the end (bitter or not) the competition remains SUPER FRIENDLY between NancyL and myself. I respect her very much and I hope she respects me. We both want to win of course, but if I have to lose to anyone, happy it would be her.

Edited by Jingthing

I hear you.

Can I count on your vote?!? whistling.gif

• Like 2

Correction/Update to some previous information posted on this thread.

The final deadline of this "election" is NOT 31 Dec. at midnight as previously mentioned.

Instead it is one day before, MIDNIGHT 30 Dec. (Tuesday night).

Thanks for your attention and thanks for your votes.

It seems this thread did help me get a new lead after the tie.

But there is still plenty of time for lots of swings, and I would be surprised if there aren't more coming.

I hear you.

Can I count on your vote?!? whistling.gif

If you promise to do a coffee enema you have my vote.smile.png

For goodness sake, David why don't you just leave Jingthing alone? You've gone out of your way to bait and antagonize him during the entire campaign -- about his sexual and religious orientation. Yet, when anyone says anything about your personal life you cry foul. You're the good little family man, above reproach. What a hypocrite! If that isn't dirty campaigning, what is it?

Why don't you do what Jingthing and I have done -- go onto your local forum and campaign, remind your friends that you're in a contest and you'd like to win. What's the matter with that? It's not begging, it's not groveling. It's just making them aware there's something going on elsewhere on ThaiVisa in a forum they may not otherwise visit.

Or is it that you don't have a home forum, no place where people appreciate your posts? No place where people think "gee, that David48, really shared some valuable information" I guess not.

This post now explains, why a TV user NancyL is in such tight race with JT.

As I been reading regularly for 5-6 years only Thailand News, Pattaya Local, and Internet sub forums, I was puzzled how somebody can be anywhere close to quality, and clarity of posts.

Only Tropo and KittenKong come close, but neither are as prolific.

But I understand now!

Still cheering for JT to come up on top tho :)

Edited by whitemouse

It's like they are competing over 1 mill baht, what's the fuzz about??

I still have to cast my vote but I keep it up my sleeve for now.

One thing is for sure this David48 dude is NOT getting it. He can kiss my ass.

I understand.

Waiting until the last minute can be big fun.

But in case you didn't know, you can actually change your vote anyway up till the deadline.

Simply click: DELETE MY VOTE

and then REVOTE for your new choice.

That's why the final finishes on these contests are so super dramatic.