Pattaya people -- please put me over the top as Thaivisa Poster of the Year 2014!

Jingthing

I have been a member over 12 years with only two members longer than I still actively posting. One of them is George.

I have over 7,500 posts, all of them factual, kind and gracious. I have never even been nominated.

Maybe I should have been a Democrat.

I would happily and sincerely nominate you. If I am still alive and kicking next year, remind me and I will do so. thumbsup.gif

Consider it done. I'll start working on my acceptance speech now.

If age and experience are a requirement then Vote 1 for chukd.

Known to his friends affectionately as the Godfather of Pattaya.

BTW I checked JTs profile and he joined a year after me in 2006 yet has managed a whopping 56000 posts.

I can only muster a paltry 2500 odd posts but all of them are top quality.clap2.gif

Thanks, Tolley and UG. With my vote that puts me in a commanding lead for 2015.

It'll be hard to overtake me now.

• Like 2

This is indeed the last day and night of voting.

AGAIN, I thank all those who have supported me in so many ways in this year's ridiculously long and grueling contest of wills and won'ts.

Currently I have what probably looks like a "comfortable" lead but it isn't really so big as it looks.

Bigger last night swings have happened in the past, so no reason they can't happen again.

Especially considering the predictable shenanigans that tend to occur when approaching the finish line.

So one final SURGE in my direction please this last day and night will probably be needed.

I am not arrogantly expecting to win from this current position and have not prepared any potential victory statement.

If and when that happens, I will wing it.

Hopefully, some people will be curious enough to hear what I have to say in such an event to help make that happen.

Edited by Jingthing

Hey JT, why did you take away the profile signature from your Dad, the one about everyday you've gotta bend, and the Vaseline thing, and replace it with "do the right thing with Jingthing"?

Is winning poty really that important to you?

Edited by Gsxrnz

Hey JT, why did you take away the profile signature from your Dad, the one about everyday you've gotta bend, and the Vaseline thing, and replace it with "do the right thing with Jingthing"?

If you read the actual voting thread you will see that I had started a little contest to help me pick a "campaign" slogan.

Sadly there wasn't much response so I had to choose between the two finalists:

Do the right thing with Jingthing!

and

Jingthing loves interracial cockapoo couples!

post-37101-0-36544900-1419734822_thumb.j

When I did finally choose Do the right thing with Jingthing! it seemed apt to place that slogan in my signature for the duration of the contest.

That said, the one black and one white cockapoos known as Fritzie and Buzzcuddles have a consolation prize and enjoy the position of official campaign mascots.

I am very proud of the signature I had for years which was:

Enjoy each miserable day.

In life, you gotta bend. Carry vaseline.

My Dad

Based on a true story, both were wise sayings of my dear old departed Dad, a World War II veteran who helped liberate Europe from the Nazis.

Edited by Jingthing

If you read the actual voting thread you will see that I had started a little contest to help me pick a "campaign" slogan.

Sadly there wasn't much response so I had to choose between the two finalists:

Do the right thing with Jingthing!

and

Jingthing loves interracial cockapoo couples!

When I did finally choose Do the right thing with Jingthing! it seemed apt to place that slogan in my signature for the duration of the contest.

That said, the one black and one white cockapoos known as Fritzie and Buzzcuddles have a consolation prize and enjoy the position of official campaign mascots.

I am very proud of the signature I had for years which was:

Enjoy each miserable day.

In life, you gotta bend. Carry vaseline.

My Dad

Based on a true story, both were wise sayings of my dear old departed Dad, a World War II veteran who helped liberate Europe from the Nazis.

My Dad also helped liberate Europe and I had three Uncles on my Mother's side of the family die in the process.

Tell me - how influential was your Dad (if those quotes are definitive of him in general) in defining your personality, your attitude and reaction to things in life?

The reason I ask the question is that I've often read those quotes on your posts and couldn't help thinking that my Father had quite a different perspective on life that has been passed on to me - sort of a "full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes" kind of attitude, along with something akin to "live like you'll die tomorrow but plan like you'll live forever".

I'm particulartly curious about "enjoy each miserable day", which implies to me that maybe he saw every day as something to be struggled through rather than relishing every new dawn. I'm sure a number of other TV members who are familiar with your posts and are privy to some of your predicaments would also see where I'm coming from when I make this comment. If I have misinterpreted your Dad's quote then I apologise.

• Like 1

It was culturally Jewish humor. Often non-Jews don't get it. Some do though.

I am proud of my Jewish cultural background just as I am not ashamed of my sexual orientation.

If you're suggesting my Dad was a bad Dad, be gone.

Different than your, I'm sure.

This world is big enough for diversity. It makes things much richer for all.

As far as I'm concerned, both of my parents were the best of all possible parents.

It was culturally Jewish humor. Often non-Jews don't get it. Some do though.

I am proud of my Jewish cultural background just as I am not ashamed of my sexual orientation.

If you're suggesting my Dad was a bad Dad, be gone.

Different than your, I'm sure.

This world is big enough for diversity. It makes things much richer for all.

As far as I'm concerned, both of my parents were the best of all possible parents.

I'm not suggesting anything of the sort regarding your Father, but the fact that you would think so speaks volumes.

Your explanation does clarify it somewhat. Now that you have explained the (American) Jewish angle to the humour, it does make more sense and at the same time adds clarity to many of your posts.

Thanks for the explanation.

Currently I have what probably looks like a "comfortable" lead but it isn't really so big as it looks..

I hear you, man! I couldn't even begin to count all the disappointing times, when things turned out to be much smaller, than I expected!

About 4 hrs to go now!

If it wasn't against the rules, I'd get every sun burned Siberian Russian guy, who I saw today at Jomtien, to register, and direct them to vote for JT!

Edited by whitemouse

Currently I have what probably looks like a "comfortable" lead but it isn't really so big as it looks..

I hear you, man! I couldn't even begin to count all the disappointing times, when things turned out to be much smaller, than I expected!

About 4 hrs to go now!

If it wasn't against the rules, I'd get every sun burned Siberian Russian guy, who I saw today at Jomtien, to register, and direct them to vote for JT!

Not against the rules- go now... go fast.

• Like 1