Senior Thai official gets death over activist's murder

webfact

So military hitmen ??

"Two other defendants - Air Force Sergeant Yutthanai Najaeng, who drove the getaway vehicle, |and Air Force Sergeant Anu Boonpeng, who confessed to pulling the trigger - were sentenced to life in prison."

The police are going to be pissed at their action being cut into.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

The 3 defendants are out on bail and all will appeal, aren't they? Expect a final verdict in about 15 years

I have to agree you see this kind of bail for serious offences quite often. Its crazy though on the other hand as long as you can appeal should you be in jail. Just imagine if your put in jail innocent and have to wait out all your appeals in jail.

Two sides to the medal though in most cases bail is really abused.

the leaders of the western world, china, japan, and the rest of asia are in danger of whip-lash (shaking head syndrome) .

actually, china kills off many, many, people who taint the countrys image. like the guys who put the plastic in the milk? their dead. the guys who cut corners on building permits and the building collapsed? their dead. and countless politicians are in jail for such petty things all the way to big ones. THAIS (the politicians) should be very, very affraid to be like china.

• Like 1

Surely the fearless leader would be better spending a bit of his time addressing the issues of toxic waste and cancer causing toxins being dumped into drinking water sources than pissballing about with motorbike taxi driver vests?

• Like 1

The 3 defendants are out on bail and all will appeal, aren't they? Expect a final verdict in about 15 years

I have to agree you see this kind of bail for serious offences quite often. Its crazy though on the other hand as long as you can appeal should you be in jail. Just imagine if your put in jail innocent and have to wait out all your appeals in jail.

Boy guys you must be reading something I can't see. I think you are not telling the truth about the bail; is that libel or slander, I get them mixed up. But maybe I'm wrong. Show me a link and I'll certainly apologize.

Boy guys you must be reading something I can't see. I think you are not telling the truth about the bail; is that libel or slander, I get them mixed up. But maybe I'm wrong. Show me a link and I'll certainly apologize.

I don't see they are out on bail this time. Though they have appealed, they could be out on bail it does not say it. So your right.

the leaders of the western world, china, japan, and the rest of asia are in danger of whip-lash (shaking head syndrome) .

actually, china kills off many, many, people who taint the countrys image. like the guys who put the plastic in the milk? their dead. the guys who cut corners on building permits and the building collapsed? their dead. and countless politicians are in jail for such petty things all the way to big ones. THAIS (the politicians) should be very, very affraid to be like china.

The P.R.C. holds People, both either in Political or Business Authority, accountable for their actions. I believe it goes far beyond tainting the Countries image. Those that violate their Authority are in direct confrontation with the very principles of the State. The end result, a short walk to the firing squad area. I don't have any problem with that at all. Unfortunately, not all those involved get the message while they are violating the Public Trust, and only learn the hard way, when their wrists are tied behind the stake. Good for the P.R.C., continue to take the garbage out!

I assume the poster above meant to say he ASSUMED these guys would be out on bail, considering how common it is here for convicted murderers to be released on bail post-conviction. But the news report doesn't actually say anything on that subject.

As for the death sentence, I wouldn't be sitting here holding my breath waiting for it to happen. About a 100 different things could happen between now and the imposition of that sentence that would see it never come to pass. And the guy sentenced to death here isn't exactly some petty street criminal.

I assume the poster above meant to say he ASSUMED these guys would be out on bail, considering how common it is here for convicted murderers to be released on bail post-conviction. But the news report doesn't actually say anything on that subject.

As for the death sentence, I wouldn't be sitting here holding my breath waiting for it to happen. About a 100 different things could happen between now and the imposition of that sentence that would see it never come to pass. And the guy sentenced to death here isn't exactly some petty street criminal.

The poster wrote

inzman, on 25 Dec 2014 - 18:18, said: "Look, he's out on bail already, no real justice here."

Why would you assume anything. He is trying to start a false rumor. He wrote what he wrote. Easy for anyone to see.