Electric Company has a nice new Bill Format

mania

I had the same yesterday ! I still get the regular bill ( no bar code ) when the meter man read the meter and the new bill-receipt later. This is because we pay on automatic debit .

The bottom part of the new bill is the receipt from the last month bank payment.

I guess people that pay using the meter-man bill with bar code ( 7-11,Tesco or at PEA ) do not have those new forms .

I had the same yesterday ! I still get the regular bill ( no bar code ) when the meter man read the meter and the new bill-receipt later. This is because we pay on automatic debit .

The bottom part of the new bill is the receipt from the last month bank payment.

I guess people that pay using the meter-man bill with bar code ( 7-11,Tesco or at PEA ) do not have those new forms .

Yes we also auto pay/debit. I set up a separate account just for that which I keep

a small amount enough to pay 2-3 months then refill it.

Yes I like that new bottom section/last months receipt too

Also they do not use envelopes now...instead it is the tear the two perforated sides deal which is

good for them as it must cut costs a bit too.

Personally, I don`t care if the bill is written on used toilet paper, if it meant cheaper electricity bills.

To be honest I am pretty happy with how cheap electric is here

I guess depends on where we all came from & what we were used to price wise before....

But here to run this condo with Air Con pretty often...(Not now as much since cool season) but

We cook at home, wash clothes,iron,hot water, TV, Computers... etc etc pretty impressive to always be $45-$60 per month for us.

PS: good job on brightening that photo thumbsup.gif

I didn't receive the new format bill....just got this month's bill and it's on the same small piece of paper that's about the size of a restaurant check.

Same for us.

Coming soon.......we got ours today in Hang Dong. Electricity is relatively cheap here . What I spend here is about 20% of what I would pay in Oz .

I didn't receive the new format bill....just got this month's bill and it's on the same small piece of paper that's about the size of a restaurant check.

I wouldn't pay if it was me.

They disconnected our neighbour 3 days after his bill was due ,came back from hols to no power. We do direct debit from our bank so not to concerned with what the bill looks like but it is huge improvement especially the last 6 mths power usage which is handy for comparison over last year.

Those small invoices are printed out on the meter readers hand held device and then they put the slip into the plastic PEA holder.

I wonder if the meter man will just report back now. Thosr big invoices will not fit the plastic holders will they..

Meter man almost redundant.

I get the same check-sized receipts when the meter man comes around. Now one time there was a discrepancy with a bill that was unusually high. We went to a PEA office and they printed out a screenshot that showed the last 15 months or so of payments. I assume getting a history of payments on one page is not a problem if needed.

Those small invoices are printed out on the meter readers hand held device and then they put the slip into the plastic PEA holder.

I wonder if the meter man will just report back now. Thosr big invoices will not fit the plastic holders will they..

Meter still has to be read by a living person smile.png ...no redundancy

I wonder if the meter man will just report back now. Those big invoices will not fit the plastic holders will they..

Meter still has to be read by a living person smile.png ...no redundancy

About 3 years ago when we left the US they had just switched over to

new meters that sent the info themselves back to the office

Not this company linked but same technology

http://www.fpl.com/ami/qa.shtml

How long should the bills be behind usage?

I am moving out of Hillside 4 condo and want to figure out how far forward my electricity usage bill will come in?

Any good estimates of the lag these days?

Well it is inconsistent for us & sometimes the bill comes after we have already auto paid it but.........

If going by my original post..I posted on 12/27 the day it arrived

I see on the bill pictured that the meter was read on 12/16

So in this instance it was 11 days

How long should the bills be behind usage?

I am moving out of Hillside 4 condo and want to figure out how far forward my electricity usage bill will come in?

Any good estimates of the lag these days?

Mine is no more than a 1-2 day lag. This month the meter was read on 12/27 and I received the bill next day.

• 6 months later...

After 7 years I just started direct billing to PEA a few months ago, working out just fine My Condo does not not fleece on electric units., they just charge 30b/mo to pay for you.Sure they won't miss the monthly addition of this princely sum. If they need more operating income we strongly support a steep to raise the

maintenance fee. Always fiercely opposed by the majority (73 percent Thai ownership). To Pluto with them.

Archived