Electric Company has a nice new Bill Format

mania

Does anyone know for sure if you can auto debit elec, water, TOT, etc even if you rent property or do you have to be the owner?

Sorry I am not sure as we own but call or ask the electric company I would imagine it is possible.

We only do Electric auto debit thru our Ayudhya account. It is easy enough ( 2 minutes) for me to pay 3BB for internet online via Bangkok Banks web interface.

(Which by the way offers payments to many companies/services including TOT I believe )

PEA gave me the form, I took it to BKK Bank, and he faxed it back to them. I was owner, but technically on a 30 year lease. Needed a letter from the attorney to get it started in my name (I had a tourist visa at the time), and like bank accounts, YMMV. I'v owned my current condo 18 months and haven't switched the electric bill to my name, but I pay it religiously. I've heard it could cost 3000 or so to switch and even though I am using someone else's meter, and he is long gone, it may not matter. It seems like the zero bill for less than 50 Kwh has gone away...and if I had timed my vacation differently; could have been screwed. Instead, I had a 72 THB bill for 9 units. Under auto billing in the house, I was billed about 40 THB, when I was gone (per bill).

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I don`t care if the bill is written on used toilet paper, if it meant cheaper electricity bills.

Try this:

I have a question. Using the sample electric bill that BJ brightened up..... the billed amount for electric used

is 1080.32 B... then there is 219.42 added before VAT is figured in.... what is the 219.42 for.... is this a fuel surcharge or something ?????

Thanks

I have a question. Using the sample electric bill that BJ brightened up..... the billed amount for electric used

is 1080.32 B... then there is 219.42 added before VAT is figured in.... what is the 219.42 for.... is this a fuel surcharge or something ?????

Thanks

The bill is calculated, and then the FT (fuel tarriff?) is added. Currently it is 0.4961 baht per unit.

However, your bill seems to be for 318 units which should produce a FT of 157.76 baht and a VAT of 86.67 to total 1324.75 (give or take a few satang), so I don't know what the 219.42 is.

Archived