Thai women avoiding marriage with Thai men

AYJAYDEE

With the rise in STD's and statistics like these, is it any wonder many modern middle class thai women are opting to stay single or marry a farang rather than take the risk??

http://prostitution.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004119

Thailand

"Professor Vicharn Vitiyasai of Chang Mai University... emphasized that, 'In Thai society, boys begin to buy women when they are around 13 years old; 50 per cent of 16-year-old boys and 90 per cent of university students go to brothels. Married men also think it natural to entertain business clients and friends by taking them to brothels, and they visit brothels themselves as a part of the joy of travel.'"

post-54430-0-22677200-1419799034_thumb.p

Edited by AYJAYDEE

I'd say that farangs in Thailand are pretty much on par with Thai men in the buying sex department. You ever consider that the percentage of men buying sex in the west is lower because it's much more difficult and expensive? Heck, Thailand even has Muslims coming over to buy sex.

By the way, your title to this thread is pretty misleading.

• Like 2

I'd say that farangs in Thailand are pretty much on par with Thai men in the buying sex department. You ever consider that the percentage of men buying sex in the west is lower because it's much more difficult and expensive? Heck, Thailand even has Muslims coming over to buy sex.

then youd be wrong

then youd be wrong

I can see that you're trying to push an agenda, on two different threads no less. Countless others I'm sure. Good luck with that.

then youd be wrong

I can see that you're trying to push an agenda, on two different threads no less. Countless others I'm sure. Good luck with that.

exposing your abject ignorance is hardly an agenda. but its fun

• Like 1

Actually youd have to consider also the fact many just go out and shag for free in the West especially youngsters these days...same result

I am afraid my vision of the Thai-Thai marriages and associated problems is different.

Apologies to anyone who might feel offended. Speaking strictly statistically.

Human, biological, climate and social factors kick in pretty early.

Education factors concerning sex are often undervalued.

Early unwanted pregnancies being a stigma lead to intra-family solutions.

Once the 'love, romance and passion' aspects have failed Thai female starts looking for a 'Father Figure'.

Hence unequal age marriages. Hence Thai-Farang marriages.

Personally, I think the role of a Farang Father is not an enviable one. No offence meant. Purely statistically speaking.

Any attempt to present Farangs as more desirable partner - socially, economically, culturally, sexually, etc. - is a wishful thinking.

I am afraid my vision of the Thai-Thai marriages and associated problems is different.

Apologies to anyone who might feel offended. Speaking strictly statistically.

Human, biological, climate and social factors kick in pretty early.

Education factors concerning sex are often undervalued.

Early unwanted pregnancies being a stigma lead to intra-family solutions.

Once the 'love, romance and passion' aspects have failed Thai female starts looking for a 'Father Figure'.

Hence unequal age marriages. Hence Thai-Farang marriages.

Personally, I think the role of a Farang Father is not an enviable one. No offence meant. Purely statistically speaking.

Any attempt to present Farangs as more desirable partner - socially, economically, culturally, sexually, etc. - is a wishful thinking.

'Once the 'love, romance and passion' aspects have failed Thai female starts looking for a 'Father Figure.'

You're dreaming. Your reasoning is as defective as your syntax.

• Like 2

It would be interesting to correlate that chart with incidence of sex crimes (rape, date rate, incest, and child molestation, etc.) by country.

I suspect that the charts would have an inverse correlation.

Edited by Gecko123

the biggest problem is with those that can only think with their little head, thai women simply dont like butterflies and they know that most thai men have more than one wife.women going as well as the fact they like to drink a lot and get physical, dont want to do anything around the house etc etc. Why would a woman want to be married to a drunken woman basher that screws around constantly to show how much of a man he is as well as try to save face over his little willy

• Like 1

Recently, my female head of English department (jokingly) told me she married a farang because she wants to be the boss to home. She said, it is traditional in Thai marriages for the women to do what she is told and follow the husband and made a face which looked something like this blink.png

I went home and told my missus that we ought to be practicing the traditional Thai marriage system and she laughed and said, "No, I am the boss" LOL

Take what you want from that. coffee1.gif

I can think of dozens of reasons why Thai women would avoid marriage with Thai men and none of them have anything to do with the rise in STDs.

just because you cant means nothing

Uh?

If must respond to posts other BMs make please try to say something that makes sense.

I can think of dozens of reasons why Thai women would avoid marriage with Thai men and none of them have anything to do with the rise in STDs.

I can think of more reasons why Thai women avoid marriage with farang.

Agree entirely, however in my post I made no mention of marrying farang. Seems there's a growing number of modern Thai women who prefer to remain single and independent rather than marriage with a Thai man.

I don't see the correlation between prostitution and marriage. It certainly isn't in the study.

I think the OP was drawing his/her own conclusion. It's kinda an odd title for the topic, but I see where he/she is going. I don't think it really affects things though. I kinda get the feeling most Thai women see going to a brothel as along the lines of getting in a work out. I also get the feeling most Thai women assume any foreigner that's been here for a bit has gone native and has most of the same bad habits that Thai men do.

just because you cant means nothing

Uh?

If must respond to posts other BMs make please try to say something that makes sense.

what makes you think that because none of the reasons YOU can think of have anything to do with std's means that there arent reasons that DO have to do with std's. are you really trying to suggest that there cant be other reasons because YOU cant think of them?? lol!!!