Thai women avoiding marriage with Thai men

AYJAYDEE

Recently, my female head of English department (jokingly) told me she married a farang because she wants to be the boss to home. She said, it is traditional in Thai marriages for the women to do what she is told and follow the husband and made a face which looked something like this blink.png

I went home and told my missus that we ought to be practicing the traditional Thai marriage system and she laughed and said, "No, I am the boss" LOL

Take what you want from that. coffee1.gif

Isn't every woman the boss of us in some way?

I am afraid my vision of the Thai-Thai marriages and associated problems is different.

Apologies to anyone who might feel offended. Speaking strictly statistically.

Human, biological, climate and social factors kick in pretty early.

Education factors concerning sex are often undervalued.

Early unwanted pregnancies being a stigma lead to intra-family solutions.

Once the 'love, romance and passion' aspects have failed Thai female starts looking for a 'Father Figure'.

Hence unequal age marriages. Hence Thai-Farang marriages.

Personally, I think the role of a Farang Father is not an enviable one. No offence meant. Purely statistically speaking.

Any attempt to present Farangs as more desirable partner - socially, economically, culturally, sexually, etc. - is a wishful thinking.

From what I am seeing with young intelligent Thai women after they realise the lack of substance in the average young Thai guy, I would replace the looking for a Father figure with going back to where they have always found their most comfortable companionship that being with other Thai women.

I'd say that farangs in Thailand are pretty much on par with Thai men in the buying sex department. You ever consider that the percentage of men buying sex in the west is lower because it's much more difficult and expensive? Heck, Thailand even has Muslims coming over to buy sex.

By the way, your title to this thread is pretty misleading.

then youd be wrong

I don't want to get in the middle of the pissing match here, but what part is he wrong about? Foreigners being on par with Thais? I don't know the statistics, but you're probably right. Off the top of my head, I'd say 50% of the guys I've met here have tried prostitution, with far less than that doing it with any kind of regularity.

Btw, is a happy ending considered prostitution? I think they just legalized handjobs- and maybe even oral- in Japan with the presumption that it's not.

i know the statistics.

Okay... Are you going to share them with the rest of us? Ha ha.

I am afraid my vision of the Thai-Thai marriages and associated problems is different.

Apologies to anyone who might feel offended. Speaking strictly statistically.

Human, biological, climate and social factors kick in pretty early.

Education factors concerning sex are often undervalued.

Early unwanted pregnancies being a stigma lead to intra-family solutions.

Once the 'love, romance and passion' aspects have failed Thai female starts looking for a 'Father Figure'.

Hence unequal age marriages. Hence Thai-Farang marriages.

Personally, I think the role of a Farang Father is not an enviable one. No offence meant. Purely statistically speaking.

Any attempt to present Farangs as more desirable partner - socially, economically, culturally, sexually, etc. - is a wishful thinking.

From what I am seeing with young intelligent Thai women after they realise the lack of substance in the average young Thai guy, I would replace the looking for a Father figure with going back to where they have always found their most comfortable companionship that being with other Thai women.

I'm still not sure what to make of this. But yeah, it definitely seems like more and more young, often times hot women are very comfortable with the toms. Kinda seems like they're using em in a way though. Like they don't seem into em the way they'd be into men. A lot of those toms look like psychopaths too. More jealous and protective than men. It's almost like deep down they know the girl is just biding her time until she's ready to trust a man again.

Okay... Are you going to share them with the rest of us? Ha ha.

already did

Not seeing any numbers on foreigners living in TH, which is what I thought Berk was getting at. Again, it's probably not as high as the Thai average, but I bet the percentage of foreigners from a given country are more likely to pay for sex while in TH than they are back home.

he made two points. i addressed the one that related to my post. dont have an opinion on the other.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can think of dozens of reasons why Thai women would avoid marriage with Thai men and none of them have anything to do with the rise in STDs.

I can think of more reasons why Thai women avoid marriage with farang.

Quite

Hooking up with what is OFTEN a much older man from an alien culture with emotional baggage and an aversion/inability to learning the lingo seems like more of a last resort to me.

Still, if he's paying . . .

• Like 1

the biggest problem is with those that can only think with their little head, thai women simply dont like butterflies and they know that most thai men have more than one wife.women going as well as the fact they like to drink a lot and get physical, dont want to do anything around the house etc etc. Why would a woman want to be married to a drunken woman basher that screws around constantly to show how much of a man he is as well as try to save face over his little willy

You got it.......Probably for the very young women its first marriage experience may be a Thai men.....but after that one..a farang will be the best option, and more is they are looking in have more children. It is true that farangs will have even more chances to cheat its wives that Thais men, but also will have more chances to get into trouble...and most are looking for a peaceful life. Or not?

Another reason is that Thai middle age and not wealthy women, have problems in get married again with Thai men in its same age range, and that's why there are so many available to date and marry farangs....or become lovers of Thai married men.

This situation you mention it is very common in 3rd world countries, with maiority of low income population, and where females are considered 2nd class citizens...unfortunately most of the countries in South and Central America, Asia, and Middle East.

Not exclusive to Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can think of dozens of reasons why Thai women would avoid marriage with Thai men and none of them have anything to do with the rise in STDs.

I can think of more reasons why Thai women avoid marriage with farang.

Quite

Hooking up with what is OFTEN a much older man from an alien culture with emotional baggage and an aversion/inability to learning the lingo seems like more of a last resort to me.

Still, if he's paying . . .

Emotional baggage....divorce you must mean.

just because you cant means nothing

Uh?

If must respond to posts other BMs make please try to say something that makes sense.

what makes you think that because none of the reasons YOU can think of have anything to do with std's means that there arent reasons that DO have to do with std's. are you really trying to suggest that there cant be other reasons because YOU cant think of them?? lol!!!

Mate your logic is haywire, try posting again when your sober.