Prem blesses New Year wishes to Prayut

webfact

Gen Prem Tinsulanonda is head of the privy council. He's probably the person that is closest to the king.

The Privy council is a group of advisers that are handpicked by the king himself.

The privy council is supposed to be politically neutral.

When a member of the privy council is appointed he makes the following oath:

"I, (name of the declarer), do solemnly declare that I will be loyal to His Majesty the King and will faithfully perform my duties in the interests of the country and of the people. I will also uphold and observe the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand in every respect."

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

Ah, the farang experts, with your many years of experience with governing Thailand, have had to comment.

Perhaps you should be appointed to the Privy Council, then your opinions might be taken into consideration!

It has been reported in international media that Prem and Prayut have had a factional fall-out. This meeting has significance that I think you are clueless about. It is to give a show of unity and to affirm a patron-client relationship. Note - Prem blesses Prayut, not the other way round.

Whether the unity is real and whether the relationship is solid or whether Prayut will diverge from Prem's wishes is key to Thailand's political situation.

However I imagine you either know all this already or more likely it has just gone about 5 miles over your head. Keep up the inane insults though.

Good post.It is remarkable how on this forum some are incapable of or unwilling to undertake the most basic research.Strangely these people - usually rather dim but prolific- are ardent fans of dictatorship.

Turning to your post I am in complete agreement but wonder in the case of Prem whether in his somewhat unconvincing rhetoric there is an element of keeping his enemies close to him.

• Like 2

Ah, the farang experts, with your many years of experience with governing Thailand, have had to comment.

Perhaps you should be appointed to the Privy Council, then your opinions might be taken into consideration!

It has been reported in international media that Prem and Prayut have had a factional fall-out. This meeting has significance that I think you are clueless about. It is to give a show of unity and to affirm a patron-client relationship. Note - Prem blesses Prayut, not the other way round.

Whether the unity is real and whether the relationship is solid or whether Prayut will diverge from Prem's wishes is key to Thailand's political situation.

However I imagine you either know all this already or more likely it has just gone about 5 miles over your head. Keep up the inane insults though.

Good post.It is remarkable how on this forum some are incapable of or unwilling to undertake the most basic research.Strangely these people - usually rather dim but prolific- are ardent fans of dictatorship.

Turning to your post I am in complete agreement but wonder in the case of Prem whether in his somewhat unconvincing rhetoric there is an element of keeping his enemies close to him.

it would be interesting to see a map of their respective networks.

Not an insult, just sarcastic because some posters have an overrated estimate of the value of their opinion.

We are guests here with no voting rights, and no influence in the corridors of power.

It behoves us not to make "smart" comments about the government, after all, if the regime is so unpalatable to a few on here, then go to somewhere better.

• Like 1

PM expresses New Year’s well wishes to Privy Council President
By Digital Content

14198276482036-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 29 -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha led the cabinet and the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to extend their New Year wishes to Privy Council President Prem Tinsulanonda who in turn praised them for their decision to seize adminstrative power on May 22 for the national interest.

Gen Prayut's delegation visiting Gen Prem's Sisao Theves residence included Deputy Prime Minister/Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwon, Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda, Commerce Minister Chatchai Sarikulya, Deputy Prime Minister Pridiyathorn Devakula, and the chiefs of the armed forces and the police.

Gen Prem told Gen Prayut's delegation to take pride in the May 22 power seizure.

He said it was to protect the nation and showed that the armed forces were united and did not abandon the people.

The coup was a great national contribution and the delegation should continue with its work, Gen Prem said.

He also urged the armed forces and the police to join forces and persuade the public in general to cooperate with the government.

This afternoon the delegation of Deputy Defence Minister/Army chief Gen Udomdej Sitabutr will extend New Year wishes to the prime minister at Government House. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-12-29

I don't know what polling system they use but I have interviewed over 1k Anti Thaksin supporters and they have all said that they would prefer to have Thaksin back since he was at least elected.

You can't say he was not fair and "square"................well he paid for his votes fair and square anyway. whistling.gif

Gen Prem Tinsulanonda is head of the privy council. He's probably the person that is closest to the king.

The Privy council is a group of advisers that are handpicked by the king himself.

"I, (name of the declarer), do solemnly declare that I will be loyal to His Majesty the King and will faithfully perform my duties in the interests of the country and of the people. I will also uphold and observe the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand in every respect."

There is no Constitution.

• Like 1

If things were even half as bad as what some of you miserable whiners say it is there would be nobody living in Thailand.

I wonder if there are forums for Thai people to do nothing but moan and groan about their country.

Would hate to get trapped in a broken down elevator with some of you mob. bah.gif

Are you so lacking in self awareness that you cannot see the enormous irony in what you are saying?

• Like 2

Yeah - not very good at upholding it were they.

Not an insult, just sarcastic because some posters have an overrated estimate of the value of their opinion.

We are guests here with no voting rights, and no influence in the corridors of power.

It behoves us not to make "smart" comments about the government, after all, if the regime is so unpalatable to a few on here, then go to somewhere better.

We are not guests in the true meaning of the word, we are tolerated geese whose golden eggs a getting ever smaller.

• Like 2

A country doesn't really need a written constitution if it has a good and fair judiciary, an honest democratic government and an intelligent populace, oh sh*t Thailand needs one and quick !!!

A country doesn't really need a written constitution if it has a good and fair judiciary, an honest democratic government and an intelligent populace, oh sh*t Thailand needs one and quick !!!

Is that why the USA needs one?

• Like 1

"Gen Prem told Gen Prayut's delegation to take pride in the May 22 power seizure."

Still anyone doubting that Sutheps roadshow and the following coup was orchestrated by the feudal masters and their mighty sponsors??

To stay within forum rules, I will leave it there......................................coffee1.gif

• Like 2

"Gen Prem told Gen Prayut's delegation to take pride in the May 22 power seizure."

Still anyone doubting that Sutheps roadshow and the following coup was orchestrated by the feudal masters and their mighty sponsors??

To stay within forum rules, I will leave it there......................................coffee1.gif

pizza2.jpg