Rough price for getting a car resprayed in Thailand?

ryanhull

It depends on the quality you want and also on the size of the car. 30/40,000 baht would get you a repaint that would look ok if you weren't too picky and weren't too concerned about how long it would last. At the other extreme 400/500,000+ baht would get you a concours standard finish that would be undetectable no matter where you looked for evidence.

• Thanks 1

My wife paid 25K for removing a few dents and completely re-spraying her 1995 Mazda Lantis a couple of years ago now. It turned out a little disappointing as originally the colour changed depending from which angle you viewed it and it didn't after the re-spray. Shine was just okay. If you want an oven job then you are talking 40K for starters. I can recommend a paint shop ...its next to Tri Petch (Isuzu Bangkok) not the one that did her re-spray and that shop has an oven. I had a scratch on the rear wing of my truck and they did a perfect job for 5K.

Edited by JAS21

I paid about 50,000 for my Opel Astra. They removed rust, re-sprayed, did a new ceiling (?) in the car, re-did all seats with some kind of leather (vinyl). Everything was ok for about half a year, then the first rust came back - where it had been before. Not very amazing for that price. sad.png

Got my old Tiger partly sprayed for 15 k and got a very, very bad job.

Went with the D Max to see some shops and got quotations from 20 k to 80 k, the latter one was the most professional one but 'cause of the money I went for a 40 k shop.

Well, acceptable work but far away from western standards.

Edited by Deli

Bit of a ridiculous topic really.What size car? What sort of finish you expect or ask for? Done by an accredited dealer or Jim Bloggs round the back street?? Why not go somewhere local that looks clean and tidy and get a quote.After all that's what you will eventually do

Bit of a ridiculous topic really.What size car? What sort of finish you expect or ask for? Done by an accredited dealer or Jim Bloggs round the back street?? Why not go somewhere local that looks clean and tidy and get a quote.After all that's what you will eventually do

Yes you are right, your reply is so ridiculous...

50000 get a good job in Thailand for any car, but not sure that 100k get a better job if you deal with a monkey.

This is always the same story, whatever they pay some people get crap and some others get a good job for cheaper.

C'est la vie <3

40K is the going rate for a full color change, 25K for a respray in the same color. Always check the quality of their work, and bear in mind that the busiest places with the longest queues, are most often the best. If changing color, bear in mind that you will need to go the a DLT and have the blue book/records updated - color changes must be recorded.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies all, decided against it... the dog decided it was a good idea to start biting our brand new motor in the drive, scratches all over the back and front bumper! Im told I can claim it on the insurance so I'll give that a try, failing that I might get it plasti dipped at some point in some ridiculous color!

Thanks for the info though useful for the future,

Cheers

Interesting topic. My 84 Honda Accord had some rust and a few small dents. Was quoted 70k for the job and I assumed they didn't really want to do the job because of the high price. I bought a body repair and paint book, some body tools, a sprayer and did it myself in my driveway. Cost me about 20K but a lot of time and hard work. Turned out fine. However I will never do it again. My VW Vento had the body putty cracking off the boot lid and a good body shop took the full cm of body putty off (I measured it before and after) and repainted for 5K which I thought was reasonable and a good job. I think you need to be careful when picking your body shop. My 93 Honda has been totally completely skim coated with body putty and painted. They just skimmed over the rust and in some places the BP is 2 cm thick! Probably added 25 kgs to the weight of the car! I expect that someday I will hit a particularly deep pothole and the shock will totally denude the car of body putty and paint!.

• Like 1

Bought a 1967 Camaro. Just been painted. Looked great.

Few months later, noticed a crack in the left rear quarter panel. Took it to a body shop.

The car had been hit in that area. They attached chicken wire with rivets, body filler, chicken wire, body filler ...

Paint and sell.

Learned the magnet trick with that car.

It depends on the quality you want and also on the size of the car. 30/40,000 baht would get you a repaint that would look ok if you weren't too picky and weren't too concerned about how long it would last. At the other extreme 400/500,000+ baht would get you a concours standard finish that would be undetectable no matter where you looked for evidence.

Please stop posting utter rubbish.

Standard price by dealer garage is 2000 baht per panel.

Please stop posting utter rubbish? In terms of posting rubbish, you're pretty near the top of the pile.

Considering that the figures that I posted were factual, which part do you, in your wisdom, consider was "utter rubbish"?

Edited by Sviss Geez

Interesting topic. My 84 Honda Accord had some rust and a few small dents. Was quoted 70k for the job and I assumed they didn't really want to do the job because of the high price. I bought a body repair and paint book, some body tools, a sprayer and did it myself in my driveway. Cost me about 20K but a lot of time and hard work. Turned out fine. However I will never do it again. My VW Vento had the body putty cracking off the boot lid and a good body shop took the full cm of body putty off (I measured it before and after) and repainted for 5K which I thought was reasonable and a good job. I think you need to be careful when picking your body shop. My 93 Honda has been totally completely skim coated with body putty and painted. They just skimmed over the rust and in some places the BP is 2 cm thick! Probably added 25 kgs to the weight of the car! I expect that someday I will hit a particularly deep pothole and the shock will totally denude the car of body putty and paint!.

The boot lid of your Vento was a full centimeter higher than the surrounding panels?

"My 93 Honda has been totally completely skim coated with body putty and painted. They just skimmed over the rust and in some places the BP is 2 cm thick! "

Are you suggesting that this was a good course of action and recommending it to others?

Please stop posting utter rubbish? In terms of posting rubbish, you're pretty near the top of the pile.

Considering that the figures that I posted were factual, which part do you, in your wisdom, consider was "utter rubbish"?

Factual? i doubt you know facts from fiction.

30-40K blink.png

We went with an 2006 Hilux to Toyota, their quote was about 80k for same color. Checked 3 local garages, quotes varied between 25 and 55 K.

Didn't go to hi- end body shops, but saw some cars in the past with really great paintwork. Can imagine this type of "art" cost upward of 300.000.

For that prize? why not just think about buying another car?

Factual? i doubt you know facts from fiction.

30-40K blink.png

Yes, read what I posted...

"It depends on the quality you want and also on the size of the car. 30/40,000 baht would get you a repaint that would look ok if you weren't too picky and weren't too concerned about how long it would last."

Those are facts and I don't doubt that you wouldn't know whether I knew facts from fiction as you don't know me and, judging by what you post, you don't seem to know much about anything.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Yes, do you know what "concours" means? Any idea how much work is involved in completely removing all the original paint down to bare metal, everywhere on a car, then starting from scratch? I gave examples of two extremes as the OP wasn't specific in his original post.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Yes, read what I posted...

"It depends on the quality you want and also on the size of the car. 30/40,000 baht would get you a repaint that would look ok if you weren't too picky and weren't too concerned about how long it would last."

Those are facts and I don't doubt that you wouldn't know whether I knew facts from fiction as you don't know me and, judging by what you post, you don't seem to know much about anything.

Again, since you struggle to comprehend, its 2000 baht per panel.

Time to learn to read or just stop trolling about things that you do not have a single clue about

Yes, do you know what "concours" means? Any idea how much work is involved in completely removing all the original paint down to bare metal, everywhere on a car, then starting from scratch? I gave examples of two extremes as the OP wasn't specific in his original post.

DO you know anything about Thailand? or work process?whistling.gif

Unless of course you walk around with idiotic smile on your face waing 7-11 staff, then you might get quoted 3 times the price.

For all other normally functioning people, stock price is 2000 baht per panel

Unless of course you walk around with idiotic smile on your face waing 7-11 staff, then you might get quoted 3 times the price.

Please tell me where I can get a panel re-sprayed for 2000Baht,or in fact 3000Baht, that will be a perfect match in both colour and finish quality and has been in an oven and the paint will still be on in 3 years time and has not faded. Bangkok or Nonthaburi area.

Phone number would be great .... thanks

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

Yes, I fully understand your reply and what Concours mean! I use to do body and fender work growing up and did the strip work, basically taking off ever single nut,bolt, glass, bumpers. I do not need the ops to tell me in his post that he is not looking for Concours paint job otherwise he would not be asking PRICE! and his decision to not bother is fact.

Why you have included me in your quote I'm not sure? Yes I do know how things work in Thailand. I responded to SG, concours 400/500,000, if one were to pay that amount for a older car why not just buy a new one. Really has nothing to do with how things work it is just common sense! I can buy a new Toyota Yaris for 550,000 baht.