one month rental for around 10.000 baht

tontraveller

10,000 baht is a ridiculously high rent for a one bed condo in Pattaya! 5,000 to 7,000 baht is more realistic ( and for 7,000 I would expect a swimming pool as well! ) where I live in Naklua a nice medium sized room has become available this morning for 2,500 baht a month all furnished and includes free WiFi and Sat TV ! So any of you trying to live cheaply its not a bad room but be quick! F.J x

The guy is on holiday and wants a 10,000Bt room.

What makes you think he want to live like a pisspoor tuk tuk driver while on holiday?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nice place but overpriced! Thais wouldn't pay that kind of money either! I used to rent a condo off Pattaya Klang the same the rooms in the photos for 6,000 baht a month almost in the center of town inc WiFi and sat TV but no pool! Better value is Pattaya Plaza with a massive pool for 5,000 baht a month on a yearly contract but you have to deal directly with the Owner to get a good price!

Is that the Pattaya Plaza off Pattaya North road? As there seems to be 3 listed on google.

Hello! It's a massive unit at the top of Pattaya Klang cross over the footbridge over the motorway and then turn right.Its just a few KM along on the left hand side set back about 300 meteres from the road.It has the biggest pool you have ever seen! I was there a while back and also i know people who have got deals for 5,000 baht a month on a year contract BUT deal with the owners otherwise the agencies are charging 15,000 baht for the same thing! If you want a nice deal then " get out there and start mixing with the locals! ( oh and the internet is 500 baht a month (optional) extra which is an arrangement with reception! expensive but fast!

F.J xwub.png

Great and informative reply. That is appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 1

10,000 baht is a ridiculously high rent for a one bed condo in Pattaya! 5,000 to 7,000 baht is more realistic ( and for 7,000 I would expect a swimming pool as well! ) where I live in Naklua a nice medium sized room has become available this morning for 2,500 baht a month all furnished and includes free WiFi and Sat TV ! So any of you trying to live cheaply its not a bad room but be quick! F.J x

I've always gone by the 25% rule.

Rent should be about 25% of the monthly budget.

A minimum wage Thai laborer will be your next door neighbor in a 2,500Bt room. Enjoy the ambiance.

To be fair, it is easy to achieve under 15k plus utilities for a Studio. Yensabai Condo for instance. Usually 13.5 to 14.5k per month. Electricity 5 baht per unit. Not sure about water.

On the other side of the road from Yensebai Condo will be both Yensebai Mansions and Rungphat Mansion with prices 10k or under. Don't know current availability for the dates desired but worth checking.

Neither of your suggestions have a pool. If you meant Marine YenSabai Mansion; no pool there either.

To be fair, it is easy to achieve under 15k plus utilities for a Studio. Yensabai Condo for instance. Usually 13.5 to 14.5k per month. Electricity 5 baht per unit. Not sure about water.

On the other side of the road from Yensebai Condo will be both Yensebai Mansions and Rungphat Mansion with prices 10k or under. Don't know current availability for the dates desired but worth checking.

Neither of your suggestions have a pool. If you meant Marine YenSabai Mansion; no pool there either.

Did OP say he wanted pool?

I am paying 400 baht a night for a serviced room ... a bargain considering the cheapest I could get in Pattaya was 900 a night ... was told minimum condo rental period is 3 months

Read some of your "advice" ....so helpful ..not

The OP asked for condo with pool. Does your beach mat for 400 have this. What's name of your digs? Happy to stay there for 400 next time in pattaya

where did the op mention ''pool''

Did OP say he wanted pool?

Confusion with this thread smile.png

Is Pattaya Plaze condotel a better building than the cheaply run nirun condo ?

Pattaya Plaza is a better set up than the " legendary Nirun Condo " The pool must be one of the largest in Chonburi! ( i took a photo when i was last there but can't find it - sorry viewers! ) Both units we are talking about could most certainly do with a " major refurbishment " even the main phone switchboard in the reception of Pattaya Plaza looks like something from " Dixon of Dock Green " ( Do you have a good memory viewers..? )

But i really do have to say again. Deal with Thais! don't book with an agency! don't book online! You need to be " on foot " and get out there and start " mixing " all of the great deals are NOT advertised and no signs anywhere! It's up to you to find them...............

F.J x

• Like 1

Again ...NightRider... Address the OP ... VERY specific

One month only ..with pool ...in and out.

NOT POSSIBLE. ...

Any sensible members please post suggestion to OP instead of random .." I pay this and that "

I did address the OP in post #17.

OP does not say anything about a pool.

I agree that if OP only want to stay for one month its hard to find an available condo that looks good with a pool for 10000.

I will ask for 13000 short term if I want to rent out my condo . And 10000 for minimum 6 months . This is the market value for small units up to 30-40 sqm . If you pay more than this , it's not worth it unless you pay for the location and sea view.

Edited by balo

try ''A.S. Garden view'' North Naklua close to fish market. 7000/months no kitchen/ no pool quiet, good position

Yes i also discovered this place when out on a " gentle stroll " one morning.... I popped into inquire about prices and i was even shown a room.Not a bad deal actually,reasonably large rooms and furnished well too! it's great if you like " peace and quiet " and everything is on your doorstep.The 7000 baht price tag is slightly high for the area and better deals can be found nearby.( The same size room in Pattaya Klang is about 6,000 a month ) I would of put a price of 5,500 to 6,000 tops on this unit but i must admit i found it " rather nice " .

F.J x

try ''A.S. Garden view'' North Naklua close to fish market. 7000/months no kitchen/ no pool quiet, good position

Yes i also discovered this place when out on a " gentle stroll " one morning.... I popped into inquire about prices and i was even shown a room.Not a bad deal actually,reasonably large rooms and furnished well too! it's great if you like " peace and quiet " and everything is on your doorstep.The 7000 baht price tag is slightly high for the area and better deals can be found nearby.( The same size room in Pattaya Klang is about 6,000 a month ) I would of put a price of 5,500 to 6,000 tops on this unit but i must admit i found it " rather nice " .

F.J x

Everything 'fish' is on your doorstep but you are a long way away from the action. Mind you, a step up maybe from the North Pattaya bus station location served up in the bargain basement category.