Gangs and Grenades shock South Pattaya Community

webfact

Gangs and Grenades shock South Pattaya Community

grenade-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just before 3am on Tuesday, local residents in a South Pattaya community were awoken by the sounds of an explosion and the sound of many motorbikes and men shouting

Police rushed to the scene in Soi Khopai 1 off the South Pattaya Road, led by Police Colonel Supatee, the Chief of Pattaya Police who is currently dealing with an upsurge in gang-related violence as groups of youths attend the Pattaya Countdown Festival in South Pattaya.

At the scene were two unexploded grenades which were secured pending the arrival of Royal Thai Navy Bomb Disposal Officers. A total of 3 devices were found on the street and one of them had earlier exploded.

Local residents told Police that around 20 motorbikes were being driven at-speed along the road and it appeared that one group was chasing the other.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/162103/gangs-and-grenades-shock-south-pattaya-community/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-30

• Like 1

It seems there is never any good news from Pats.... gangs, drugs, violence, crashes, balcony dives, thefts, ...the list is endless and depressing.

Isn't there anything good to say about the place? There's a challenge for TAT!

• Like 2

It seems there is never any good news from Pats.... gangs, drugs, violence, crashes, balcony dives, thefts, ...the list is endless and depressing.

The seawater is incredibly good for Pattaya at the moment. That's the only good thing I would say.

• Like 1

No there is nothing good about Pattaya. It is filled with the scum of the earth and the sad thing is no one seems to bother. Zero tolerance is required and no soft touch with gangs. Catch them and give them prison sentences of 20 years hard, and I mean hard, labour

• Like 2

Pattaya needs a real tough person in charge and not to wait for gangs to do something, go after them with a vengeance. Wont happen I agree but it does nothing for Thailand's reputation in the eyes of the world.

I tell people don't under any circumstances visit Pattaya it is a cesspit of humanity and only suitable for the depraved

• Like 2

Hey why all this negativity about Pattaya? I have lived here for over 3-years and have rarely witnessed any of the fatal accidents, gang related violence, drugs etc but then again I keep myself to myself. It will never ever rid itself of the persona that goes with it ... remember this has been built up for over 50 years. It is what it is but it is getting better slowly (very) but surely. I come from Oxford (that lovely picturesque university city) where I used to regularly go out every weekend. It was violent, lots of drug taking and full off p@#$ heads ... just like Pattaya.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pattaya needs a real tough person in charge and not to wait for gangs to do something, go after them with a vengeance. Wont happen I agree but it does nothing for Thailand's reputation in the eyes of the world.

I tell people don't under any circumstances visit Pattaya it is a cesspit of humanity and only suitable for the depraved

Yet you post on the Pattaya forum?

I thought it was about Pattaya? Can you really say Pattaya is a place you would recommend anyone to visit? I lived for 8 years on the outskirts and every day the news carried stories of robberies, violence and gang activities. You can believe it is fairyland if you want but many people I know are or have left the place as it is becoming too violent.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yet you post on the Pattaya forum?

I thought it was about Pattaya? Can you really say Pattaya is a place you would recommend anyone to visit? I lived for 8 years on the outskirts and every day the news carried stories of robberies, violence and gang activities. You can believe it is fairyland if you want but many people I know are or have left the place as it is becoming too violent.

If you think Pattaya is dangerous for us (Westerners, tourist$) never go to any of the European capitals. In 23 year in Pattaya I hardly had any problem. Most people here are friendly. I still recommend Pattaya to my friends and none of them had a bad experience. If they take the warning not to take beach girls to the room at heart..
  • Like 1

gangsters in the making, where will pattaya be in 10 years

In 10 years, Pattaya will be where it is today ... and where it was 10 years ago. This city was built around the sex trade, and with the sex trade inevitably come mafias, drugs, violence. Naturally, around this colorful albeit unsavoury arena also exists a peaceful ring of people, both Thai and foreign, who were there 10 years ago also, and will still be here in 10 years.

See above... there are good things to say about Pattaya, but in case you didn't notice, the media don't often write articles about things that don't happen and/or people who don't make trouble. Besides it seems to me that the likes of you absolutely love to hate Pattaya and would be disappointed to hear anything good about it, so i'm not going to waste my time making a list. Happy New year, wherever you plan to spend it.

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 2

I have been living in Pattaya for almost 4 years and have never seen a problem! although i don't go out at night. I guess taking a gentle afternoon stroll to the beach in my flip flops and cool 70's tunes i have become " oblivious to the outside world " ......... x

F.J smile.png

• Like 1

I see some people feel the need to proclaim Pattaya as a peaceful wonderful place to live, i guess one have to say so with house and family there and maybe no possibility to move out. I came visit first time in 76 and have seen the change of this small fishing village from then and to what it is now. Can only say, not good not good. Scary place these days and in need of a tough clran up of street gangs, gangsters of every nationality, scams and killings. When the day come that the ordinary russian realize that this is not a place to take your family to, what then.....

• Like 1

I live outside, but close enough to get into Pattaya. Like I will do later today. The only bad thing for me about Pattaya is traffic in the core locations and the horrid songtau/taxicab scenario. So, driving in and parking is a hassle, but without decent other choices, I bear it a couple times a month.

But there are good venues and lots of choices on shopping, dining, places for friends of all budget ranges to stay. And some "entertainment" for those in need. But, I too do not hang out with gangs or anyone else at 3am and have always felt safe. Only place I had an altercation was Bangkok, not Pattaya.

• Like 2