Gangs and Grenades shock South Pattaya Community

webfact

And this is why the famous Pattaya countdown festival will be proceeding without me again this year.

"Famous"? Countdown in Pattaya is usually just bands, fireworks and crowds.

Every festival they have here is best viewed from high up and away from after dark. Who wants to be around masses of drunk locals anyway?

Another day, another Pattaya-bashing thread - yawn. bah.gif

The vast majority of the foreign contingent who actually live here would have been sound asleep at 3am or coming back from the bars, in either case blissfully unaware that this was happening in another part of the city. I do hear the odd late night street-racing effort out on Pattaya Klang, but it's amateur hour compared to what I endured in various Oz cities over the years. The Thais here DO party long and loud well into the next morning, but the vast majority of the violence is still Thai-on-Thai : as long as it remains that way, I'll take my chances in Sin City.

• Like 2

I grew up in Los Angeles, and saw the daily news of bystanders who were shot in the course

of these gang showdowns........Gang culture is like cancer, once it takes root it never goes

away. The Pattaya police would be well advised to nip this in the bud. Given their virtually

unlimited power that should be pretty easy. After all they are the biggest gang on the block.....

I guess as long it the activity is confined to moronic teens on their bad ass 125 cc scooters

shooting each other at 3 in the morning, the police are probably not worried. If some tourists get

blasted in a crossfire, they may start to do something..

And this is why the famous Pattaya countdown festival will be proceeding without me again this year.

"Famous"? Countdown in Pattaya is usually just bands, fireworks and crowds.

Fireworks were great list night. The first time for me to see them right above my head!