Immigration Live Blog

WinnieTheKhwai

11:12: Apparently it's quite the zoo right now at immigration. On-line appointment basically doesn't work for business like this (getting the visa extension approved for one year after submitting last month). So word is to call again later to see if they managed to dig up the paperwork, and confirm that things are actually approved. If so then all this may just be a 'dash & grab' in the afternoon.

A little disappointed as I was hoping to be enjoying the sunshine and sipping the coffee at the Immigration office right now, while people watching and making cynical comments on the circus here at the same time. Now what else is there to do. :/ May still happen in the afternoon though. Not all is lost.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I was able to walk in and ask if my application under review was finished already without waiting (well a 5 minute wait) the student girls then checked it in a book to confirm it wasnt ready..

Tho if you then need the +30 done again that gets into wait time.

3:35: Ha! Finally, on my way to immigration.

3:45: LOL, parking spot not just inside the imm. office area but pretty much exactly at the door.

3:50: Signatures... lots of signatures, for multiple re-entry, which is the main thing I have to wait for.

3:55: Hm... Not busy at all. Less than 20 foreigners inside the building. Lots of empty seats.

3:57: Main problem so far: the coffee shop is closed. Immigration experience isn't really complete without an Ice Latte.. Curses. sad.png

4:07: My name is called... Counter 1.. But not done yet, dude asks me to pose for photo from two desk-rows down, LOL. smile.png Then take a seat again.

4:11: Aaaaaaaaandddd. DONE! Pick up passport, get receipt, check stamps.

4:12: Hmm.. only downside is that I only got an extension until my passport expire date, which is 3 weeks short of the usual date. Not too big a deal, and can probably fix that when getting a new passport in a couple months. Just as well as I'm down to my last 3 pages in my passport anyway.

So. In and out again basically during the time this post stayed editable. Nice!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Epilogue:

Ah.. and my Chang singlet is all clean and fresh.. I wonder if chicks will even recognise me this way.

Also, some pics. Never seen it this empty in the last 15 years. Plenty parking, empty seating outside.

attachicon.gifDSC00129.jpg attachicon.gifDSC00131.jpg

And now, off for some beers.

attachicon.gifDSC00140.jpg

Thanks for this Winnie, I have been viewing this thread in anticipation hoping you obtain a good result.

The photos remind me of one of those movies where there has been an alien invasion or a virus epidermic and all the people have disappeared. We can only hope that one day this comes true regarding Immigration, then we could just walk in and stamp our own passports.

But please be careful, because with quality photos like those you could be doing our Dave2 out of a job.

• Like 1

What is the best time to go to Imm on friday to make 1 year extension (marriage visa)? I have to finish in 1 day.

That one is best by making a prior appointment online.

Too late already (

Friend of mine went to Imm after midday and done in a couple hours only, is he just lucky?

What is the best time to go to Imm on friday to make 1 year extension (marriage visa)? I have to finish in 1 day.

That one is best by making a prior appointment online.

Too late already (

Friend of mine went to Imm after midday and done in a couple hours only, is he just lucky?

It's all about timing. Some days they are very, very busy. When I encounter one of these type of days I just leave and try again another day. (I always give myself about 15-18 days before my extension is up). I go in June which is not a very busy month in my experience. Last year I arrived about 13:45 and wrapped up my extension in a couple of hours. The year before I arrived at 7:45 and was out by about 10:30. Did I get lucky? Probably.