Farang protests against 'Thai girls trying to be farang' at Central Ladprao

webfact

Farang protests against 'Thai girls trying to be farang' at Central Ladprao

By Prae Sakaowan

protest.jpg

BANGKOK: -- In a move to express his disapproval of Thai women who follow farang fashion, an unidentified foreign man shared his opinion by standing in front of a shopping mall yesterday with a sign suggesting how embarrassing Thai women have become.

This interesting photo was shared by Twitter user @KBoondham who claimed he saw the foreigner holding a one-man protest yesterday around 5pm in front of Central Ladprao.

"Thai women, they have lost all their power. They left themselves behind to follow farang fashion. They've turned into farang clones. How embarrassing! Let's bring back the true beauty of Thai women," the sign read.

The sign also had a long list of requests for Thai women out there. (Ladies, this would be a good time to get a notepad.)

"PLEASE STOP: Coloring your hair to look like farang, getting a pointy witch nose job, changing your faces with surgery to look like farang, whitening your skin to achieve the look of blood cancer and having a skeleton-like body."

Basically, the man doesnt want Thai women to look Caucasian. (Now write it down in your notepad.) [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/30/farang-protests-against-thai-girls-trying-be-farang-central-ladprao

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-30

why do they want to look like us when the majoraty hate us

I thought they are trying be korean and its the koreans who are trying to be western

• Like 1

Actually, I agree with the guy. The whitening crapola that these girls buy and use is ridiculous. They are trying to look falang. They have slowly lost their culture. Wish I had his balls! coffee1.gif

So in your mind on the other side of the world all those people lying in the sun, going to tanning salons or using tanning creams or sprays are trying to make themselves look like they are black or Asian and have lost their culture?

Absolutely nothing wrong with people trying to make themselves be or feel more attractive. And the vast majority of skin whitening creams you see are little more than sunblock but even those that aren't so what. If they are are legal and safe then not our business and even if they are not safe or healthy neither are tons of others things people do to make themselves feel better.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

Thai women/SEA women are subjected to so much criticisms and it's either we are hoes or having brown skin is a low-class issue.We are make fun of as flat faces and even called the ugly species of the world.We can't have meat in our body bec it will be considered fat and if we are skinny...we are called surf boards...everything flat.If we can't speak English right, we are mocked for that too but when we do...we are copying or trying to speak like "farangs". It's a damn if you do, damn if you don't thing.

The worse part of it, our fellow Asian men would compare us to a blonde bomb-shell with a nice booty and pointed nose.

I'm Asian born w lighter skin but small nose and I have meat on.Yes I have flaws and been criticized to the point I want to get a nose surgery but I realized it's not worth-it.

I want Thai women to have more self-respect but if following trend/fashion makes them happy and doing it for themselves then I'm for it!!

It's already hard to be a woman,let alone to be an Asian woman.

Try being a australian aborigine woman,not much luck there.

Worked with a few Aussies, nice people but awful about Aborigines. I could post the term for a woman that they used but pointless.

I hope you are not going to base your opinion of the entire country on the "few Aussies" you worked with, because I can assure you we are not all rednecks.

I spent 5 years in the Kimberley district in the north-west of Western Australia operating earthmoving equipment and the best friends I made there were Aboriginal people.

Actually, I agree with the guy. The whitening crapola that these girls buy and use is ridiculous. They are trying to look falang. They have slowly lost their culture. Wish I had his balls! coffee1.gif

So in your mind on the other side of the world all those people lying in the sun, going to tanning salons or using tanning creams or sprays are trying to make themselves look like they are black or Asian and have lost their culture?

Absolutely nothing wrong with people trying to make themselves be or feel more attractive. And the vast majority of skin whitening creams you see are little more than sunblock but even those that aren't so what. If they are are legal and safe then not our business and even if they are not safe or healthy neither are tons of others things people do to make themselves feel better.

What Asian women spend on skin whitening creme every year is a pittance compared to what white women spend on trying to make their skin tan, like an Asian woman. thumbsup.gif

While I kind of agree with the theme of what he's saying, I think he's going about it in a way that very likely would be deeply insulting to his target audience, and making a fool of himself.

Thinking back over the years, I've seen some truly stunning looking girls when in their natural state, only to silicone/tattoo/pierce/"covet the materialistic" their way into something quite undesirable (and I'm only talking about looks here, far from getting into learning what kind of person is behind the mask). I do get on my high horse about this sometimes, but in a way to try to convince them that they're beautiful already, and to consider the consequences, but my opinion is usually disregarded as fake (weird joke in there somewhere). The last girl I was with said 'she wanted my nose', and wanted silicone to build hers out. I did all I could to dissuade her (and I certainly wouldn't foot the bill for such an action), needless to say that relationship wasn't long lived. The body changes over time, but silicone doesn't, and tattoos distort - no backing out of either if you change your mind a decade down the road. Take a look at some of the older Hollywood stars.

I think if they went to the gym and ate well, they could be the best version of themselves. I say this as a middle aged bald farang with a little bit of a beer belly. I used to do what I'm proposing here, until I got to Thailand and realised that ATM is the trump card and that my appearance was a smaller percentage of importance to them (to my detriment and becoming lazy with it). My main selling point is being good heart/Jai dee, with a working ATM that has to be earned (you help me in whatever capacity you can, and I'll be helping you with your more sensible financial desires, but please don't sell yourself to me as a plastic blow up doll).

If I were looking for prize eye candy on my arm over everything else, I'd be changing relationships frequently. If they are looking for security for themselves and their family and a partner that is true but not a lottery ticket (even though I have reasonable financial resources, but that's my business to manage, not theirs), then I'd look deeper. When I see girls with a complex like this, I just think of "high maintenance". If I were back in UK where I come from then I'd say I'm looking for a "jeans and jumper" girl who is not afraid of breaking a nail. It's usually a bit warm here for that, so now it would be a "t-shirt and flip flops" girl, who might like to dress up occasionally for a special night out, but is also comfortable in her own skin to be able to shower and dress to leave the house as quickly as I would, without an hours worth of makeup.

I think I just turned that into a rant rather than staying on topic, so will stop now.

• Like 1

I definitely agree with this man ! You are born original , don't die copy.Indeed too much white looks like you have been affected with a disease .Strange world..the whites like to look tanned and go in sun , beach etc and the tanned people want to look white and go to cosmetics .People are never happy .

• Like 1

This man is a real hero, he is brave and ballsy, he is a true message poster not hiding behind a screen making sneaky childish comment

Anyone with nasty comments against this freedom to have true Thai babes is is probably some whinging Brit or Aussie

A hero? lol

He is like one of those born again people, who love to tell others how to live their life.

What is heroic about that?

He is a rude man with opinion.

• Like 1

Mind your own business, you miserable old <deleted> and let people decide for themselves.

Miserable old <deleted> ? facepalm.gif

At least, that "miserable old <deleted> coffee1.gif" has no problem airing his personal views publicly,

unlike the "happy younger <deleted> crazy.gif " that have to air their dis-grunt on ThaiVisa with the

stereotypical comment, "if you don't like it.... bla, bla, bla, sick.gif " stuff.

Certain farang traits would be good to adopt, no? Don't let your man kick seven shades out of you, don't sell your body for the latest telephone or to shut mama up, try critical thinking, don't let limitations be put on you because of your sex, don't let schools educate you from a kid to slap on make up, dance around and be an object for men to leer at.

All stuff I will teach my daughter, hair, make up noses (which she has anyhow) I couldn't give a rats ar$e about!!

I was captivated and cheering at the first paragraph of your post, and then it seems you had a few more shots before composing the last line.

It's good to hear your daughter has hair, make up and noses. With noses she might be a true candidate for surgery. But seriously, that was a great start!

Yeah prolly should have stipulated for the tards on here that she has a nice bridge to her nose from being half white devil.

that is the problem with conservatives, they cannot accept things just change and evolve, they feel terrified by a world that changes fast as never before.

I'm terrified by changes that make things worse and these changes are rampant, conservative or not. Do you naively believe that all changes are for the better? Brings to mind: "Hope and (unspecified) Change".

• Like 1

that is the problem with conservatives, they cannot accept things just change and evolve, they feel terrified by a world that changes fast as never before.

I'm terrified by changes that make things worse and these changes are rampant, conservative or not. Do you naively believe that all changes are for the better? Brings to mind: "Hope and (unspecified) Change".

You're a 'half glass empty' kinda guy, aintcha, Max laugh.png