Farang protests against 'Thai girls trying to be farang' at Central Ladprao

webfact

Looks like he's taken a page from the book of British eccentric Stanley Green, also known as Protein Man, who from 1968 until 1993 could be seen daily in Oxford Street in London with his placard exhorting people to "Less Lust, By Less Protein: Meat Fish Bird; Egg Cheese; Peas Beans; Nuts. And Sitting".

AySmUTi.jpg

The big story here is how did he make a time machine?

• Like 1

As usual, barely a worthwhile comment to read...

At least this guy has the guts to stand up for something that he believes is worth voicing.

It deeply saddens me, that ThaiVisa failed you, yet again!!

I can't speak for other posters, but on behalf of myself, I apologize profoundly!!

• Like 1

I've heard this kind of stuff from some foreigners before. They marry a farm girl with dark skin and a certain type of Isaan look, and then begin to think that is what 'real Thai women' look like and everything else is ugly and fake. Nothing wrong with that look of course, but Thais have a large variety of appearances and that look is not more authentic than any other.

Some foreigners marry Isarn looking dark skins because they love them and don't care what anyone thinks.
  • Like 1

As usual, barely a worthwhile comment to read...

At least this guy has the guts to stand up for something that he believes is worth voicing.

What has anyone on this forum ever done except p!55 and moan and make poor attempts at humour??

Many of you have probably fled your own country because you couldnt fight a worthy battle (not that I completely agree with this guys battle either- which will mostly fall on deaf ears) so you come here and hide from the world and raise your head to extend ridicule and judegement at the expense of others... nice work... and of course only those guilty of such nonsense will feel the need to respond to this post...

Thai women like most of the world are completely lost, suffer from identity crisis's, extremely materialistic, religiously hypocritical, obsessed with mobile phone use, distracted from real matters of concern and continue to eat toxic rubbish and coat themselves in poisons for the sake of their own vanity and desire to feel accepted and beautiful...

This guy is just directing a bit of truth about our broken societies but generalizing it upon one particular group.. IMHO his sign should be directed to the world as a whole. People everywhere need to get a massive grip on themselves and wake the hell up..

Nose jobs and hair colour is not the problem however.. they are a symptom of a braindead society which is a worldwide issue..

But lets not have a serious debate about anything shall we... that would require intelligence and too much thinking... after all, thinking is hard work, that's why nobody does it...facepalm.gif

Mehhh!

You sir should be nominated for poster of the year. I'd vote for you but certainly not the others who post tripe after tripe day in day out.

Some real oddballs fetch up on these shores and a lot of locals tend to tar us all with the same brush. If he feels he really must poke his nose into what should be no business of his, surely wearing a sandwich board would be a lot more comfortable than wandering around holding up a placard :) .

Edited by BirdsandBooze
  • Like 2

Looks like some here dont like the truth being spoken.

I applaud the guy for saying in public exactly what many have and do in private,

Thai women are making themselves uglier by far with all this artificial alteration, not to mention risking their health and lives.

Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

• Like 2

Looks like he's taken a page from the book of British eccentric Stanley Green, also known as Protein Man, who from 1968 until 1993 could be seen daily in Oxford Street in London with his placard exhorting people to "Less Lust, By Less Protein: Meat Fish Bird; Egg Cheese; Peas Beans; Nuts. And Sitting".

AySmUTi.jpg

The big story here is how did he make a time machine?

No time machine needed. He simply stopped aging because ... wait for it ... because he ate only beans, peas and nuts, had no sex and a lot of sitting around (because of all the standing he apparently did). Given that, maybe he's actually one of the living dead.

• Like 1

What is all the buzz around this man? Since when have farangs descended to become a low-life,in order to criticise themselves?

This man is simply defending what is precious(important) for him. Oh yes, i am sorry, i did forget that there is no such a moral as a free speech in Thailand.

What if there were few farangs dressed up and parading as Thai bar girls,in front of the temples and main malls? Would not it be a big news on Thai tv?

I am happy not to be in Thailand,right now. It has become an anti-farang cesspool ( with all of the fake smiles,scams, separate prices for locals and farangs, different currency rates for 100,50,20.. bills , etc>), And am not planning to go there any time soon, as i used to. I'd better visit Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam.

I do Not have a hard time relating (in general terms) to this Falang's story. As a matter of fact, on my first visit to Thailand back in 1985, I was intrigued by many sites such as the old city of Chiang Mai, and the overall look of the country, trees and mountains. And yes, the Thai girls. They all seemed to look good. (And at that time my eye sight was 20/20 vision).

I had visited both Bangkok and Chiang Mai, and I, like many fell in love with the entire Thai experience. During that time the girls all had long and sometimes (extremly long hair). All you saw at that time was long Black shiny hair. I don't ever recall seeing bleached hair.

I also recall one time when I came back to Thailand and I saw the Thai girls had shorter hair and having different colors. At that moment I felt like I lost a piece of Thailand that I was once attracted too. Oh well... Styles change...

The reality is that it should not really matter what color or length of hair a Thai girl wears. It really isn't important to me what the girls chose to do so please don't misunderstand me.

My only point is that for me, I loved seeing a Thai girl with long Black hair. It was a time in Thailand when things seemed much more simple and lovely. The locals were more respectful of the foreigner and in turn the foreigner was more respectful of the local Thai people.

I am so thankful that I was born with the ability to have a memory and instantly recall (in color) all the delightful past and present experiences. Thailand is at the top of my list. Peace and Happy New a Year to All.

• Like 1

Had a close up look at the photo of the guy and I am not convinced he is a farang. Perhaps he`s one of those Thais who look farangy that he`s complaining about?

I put it all down to the influence of all those stupid Thai TV soap operas where most of the actors are half farang and all the women look as pale as sheets, thin.and had nose jobs.

• Like 1

that is the problem with conservatives, they cannot accept things just change and evolve, they feel terrified by a world that changes fast as never before.

Not sure I agree with this.

i don't see anything terrifying about predictable change. Although this guy is going a bit far and in my opinion this is a strange thing to do, he does have a point.

It is strange how we hear so much criticism of the West, particularly the USA and yet Thailand along with lots of other growing economies chose to be very boring and replicate the US way of life.. Shopping malls that are all the same, designer brands, fast food, sneakers, plastic surgery, social networking, reality TV shows, 4 wheel drive cars, Swiss watches and all in all a general "you are what you own" mentality.

Wouldn't it be good to see something different, something where the way of life was heeding in a different direction? I think so,,

So, nothing to fear really,, everywhere will get greedier, everywhere will be full of big shopping malls and the main pastime will be shopping,,, boring, really boring,,

• Like 2

nothing worse than a fake nose

Fake breasts are definitely worse mate.

At least with a plastic nose you can clearly see it's fake.

With fake breasts you usually don't know for sure and either have to ask a question with the risk of a slapped face or just wait until the time comes and pray it won't be the ultimate disappointment.

• Like 2

Certain farang traits would be good to adopt, no? Don't let your man kick seven shades out of you, don't sell your body for the latest telephone or to shut mama up, try critical thinking, don't let limitations be put on you because of your sex, don't let schools educate you from a kid to slap on make up, dance around and be an object for men to leer at.

All stuff I will teach my daughter, hair, make up noses (which she has anyhow) I couldn't give a rats ar$e about!!

I was captivated and cheering at the first paragraph of your post, and then it seems you had a few more shots before composing the last line.

It's good to hear your daughter has hair, make up and noses. With noses she might be a true candidate for surgery. But seriously, that was a great start!

Yeah prolly should have stipulated for the tards on here that she has a nice bridge to her nose from being half white devil.

Is that your daughter in your profile picture? Very cute! (and can't even notice the multiple noses wink.png ).

1/2 farang and 1/2 Thai is the ideal look of what many Thai women think is beautiful and would guess is also what most men, both Thai and farang, would probably agree. In fact it seems mixed race people are often very attractive be it white/asian, black/white or asian/black.... Maybe natures way of creating a single human race to help ensure our survival.

Thanks John, yes it is my daughter. She does keep me busy!

• Like 1

Mind your own business, you miserable old <deleted> and let people decide for themselves.

I can't say I like all the skin whitening but it's up to them. In the same way it's OK to say you don't like it which is basically what he's doing.

I suppose it's also OK to say you don't think he should voice his opinion, which you seem to be doing.

there are lots of things I do not like.......I doubt I would have the balls to do what he did.....

Maybe he lost a drinking bet :)

but I think you need a waiting period and age limit for Tattoos , nose jobs , whitening or tanning , boob jobs etc

Crazy hairstyles and colors , wild makeup, colored contact lenses , loud music and other things you do not need to make excuses for later in life and are easy to grow up / grow out of are an easy way to "rebel"

Hey I pissed my parents off with long hair and a beard , and listening to Rock and Roll demons like the Rolling stones !

I prefer to leave people alone and have the freedom to non-violently express themselves, however they wish. Holding a sign in protest, or wearing they latest fashion, is none of my business.

The commenst about the man looking half-and-half or unhappy, is none of my business.

Actually, I agree with the guy. The whitening crapola that these girls buy and use is ridiculous. They are trying to look falang. They have slowly lost their culture. Wish I had his balls! coffee1.gif

So in your mind on the other side of the world all those people lying in the sun, going to tanning salons or using tanning creams or sprays are trying to make themselves look like they are black or Asian and have lost their culture?

Absolutely nothing wrong with people trying to make themselves be or feel more attractive. And the vast majority of skin whitening creams you see are little more than sunblock but even those that aren't so what. If they are are legal and safe then not our business and even if they are not safe or healthy neither are tons of others things people do to make themselves feel better.

If you're a man...thank you!At least you understand and see it from our perspective or view.