Chinese passenger helps sick Thai air steward on flight to Bangkok

webfact

Chinese passenger helps sick Thai air steward on flight to Bangkok
By Coconuts Bangkok

pc1.jpg
Photo: CCTV News

BANGKOK: -- After the infamous noodle attack on an AirAsia flight tarnished the image of Chinese travelers, one Chinese passenger has finally stepped up and restored a bit of China’s reputation over Christmas.

A retired traditional Chinese medicine practitioner came to the aid of a Thai flight attendant on an Orient Thai Airlines flight and her heroic actions have not yet received the praise they deserve.

Qu Yan reportedly rose from her seat as the captain of flight OX618, flying from Nanning to Bangkok on Christmas Day, announced that a male flight attendant was suffering from an abdomen colic and needed immediate help.

Qu Yan said she was a practitioner with 40 years of experience, she then proceeded to lie the man on the ground and check his pulse. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/30/chinese-passenger-helps-sick-thai-air-steward-flight-bangkok

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-30

This is the Chinese marketing equivalent of the taxi driver returning the wallet with 100k inside.

Those wallets always seem gargantuan and thise foreigners always carrying so much cash.

Stomach colic and heroism...strewth...

Sorry to be super cynical but I can't even see that this flight exists.

Airlines to Add Nanning-Bangkok Flights in July

By Leon Zheng, WCARN.com | Jun. 27, 2013

With the cooperation of Guangxi Airport Management Group and Hainan Airlines (HU), the scheduled flights from Nanning to Bangkok will be increased from 3 to 4 weekly on every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday starting from July 11.

Flight HU7993 from Nanning to Bangkok is scheduled to take off from Nanning at 10:30 a.m., and land in Bangkok at 11:40 a.m.; while the return flight HU7994 will take off from Bangkok at 12:45 p.m., and land in Nanning at 4:10 p.m. (all local time).

Besides, Guangxi Airport Management Group will join hands with Orient Thai Airlines (OX) and travel agents in Nanjing to introduce a charter flight from Nanning to Bangkok on July 4, with one flight weekly.

Flight OX 619 from Nanning to Bangkok will take off from Nanning at 3:15 p.m., and arrives in Bangkok at 4:40 p.m., while the return flight OX 618 will take off from Bangkok at 11:00 a.m., and arrive in Nanning at 2:15 p.m. (all local time).

You must have searched really hard to find it since I was able to Google numerous references to such a flight in a matter of seconds. Perhaps you really didn't try very hard since it would conflict with your obvious cynicism.
That is July.

The current Orientthai website shows Phuket only. Their wikipedia doesn't show currently Nanning. Google shows no flight times.

So I did check, and I saw your link already which is a newspaper release from July. Wow. Am glad I don't use you as a travel agent.

http://www.flyorientthai.com/en/flight/

Only Hong Kong listed as a foreign destination.

And now the bickering begins ,,, carry on kids

Besides, Guangxi Airport Management Group will join hands with Orient Thai Airlines (OX) and travel agents in Nanjing to introduce a charter flight from Nanning to Bangkok on July 4, with one flight weekly.

This may explain why it does not appear on flight schedules! thumbsup.gif

"Reading is fundamental"

a practitioner of Chinese medicine? Pain Killers would not help so had to kill a tiger for some powdered testicle, a bear for some gall bladder, a Rhinoceros for some horn, and only 7 other endangered animals just for some shotgun therapy?

Wow, nice cheap shot. So everyone who is Chinese is worthy of being hated ?

• Like 1

Yes, Thai media - Chinese people = Good / Farangs = Crime.

And Thailand adopting China's system of government, just in time to be sold away by the new leadership, is all a coincidence.

Remember a few years back, when these kinds of stories were about farangs showing acts of kindness? I do.

Regime change is everything.

Edited by John1thru10

Good on her for helping. I don't understand the heroic bit tho, what were the dangers to her personally that makes her a heroine?

Because, like Thailand, China has no good Samaritan laws that protect from liability if something goes south.

She took a significant risk by offering to help. If the guy had died, or gotten worse, she'd be in for a world of hurt.

the man need medical care and is in pain and than a Chinese medicine practitioner checks him and tells the pilot that he doesn't need to turn around to help the sick man.

Omg......The pilot believes hokus-pokus medicine.....the next one helps with some homeopathic medicine......

coffee1.gif I served as a firefighter/medic for 30 years in the US and internationally. Never any accolades on over 30,000 real emergency responses. Never a tip or 'attaboy' from the press. Is it too late?sad.png

much too late unfortunately. Although I am sure you saved countless lives and put others safety over your own many times, it is clear that this brave heroin went above and beyond the call to save a fellow human. She was at 32,000 feet for Christ sake. My guess is you were usually much closer to the ground when you saved all of your patients.

again, just kidding. It is people like you that really are the true hero's. It does take a special breed of person to do what you all do. God bless and have a Happy New Year!!