AirAsia jet turns back in Thailand due to 'irregularity'

webfact

Something is getting wrong with Airasia...Whenever i see a bad news related to flight , 90% of time it's Air Asia sad.png

If you consider the network they service, news (of any kind) about flights is more than likely to include Air Asia. Then factor in that the news services rely on bad news to sell, (after all, who wants to read that the flight to Nakhon Nowhere landed on time?) it shouldn't be too hard to explain your observation, should it? coffee1.gif .

• Like 1

Something is getting wrong with Airasia...Whenever i see a bad news related to flight , 90% of time it's Air Asia sad.png

I'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong but as i understand it this is the first time Air Asia have had a plane go down. If this is the case i don't know where you get," Whenever i see a bad news related to flight, 90% of time it's Air Asia" from. Clearly a nonsensical claim to make.

• Like 2

What on Earth is happening with Air Asia ATM? Crashing into the sea, turning back because of 'irregularities', overshooting the runway etc.

Some expert on BBC News said that the huge increase in budget airlines in the region has left a large hole in the number of skilled maintenance personnel.

I can believe it.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That'a a VERY expensive fuel-dump. 12 hours of avgas needing to be dumped to reach a safe landing weight..holy cow. Anyone knows what happens to the fuel at altitude after it's dumped? Just out of interest.

Let's hope they didn't load avgas into a jet.

You took the words right out of my mouth. For the uninformed, Avgas is petrol, used by piston engined aircraft like small private Cessna's. All jets use a kerosene type fuel known as Jet A-1 of Avtur if your a military type. Dumped fuel evaporates and disperses in the atmosphere so don't worry, it's not going to contaminate your Goldfish pond. smile.png

• Like 1

The cabin crew can hear strange sounds and advise the flight deck. As has been said a pilot may come back to investigate. Lots of sounds can be heard onboard, wheels coming down, flaps deployed for landing. I have heard sounds below before, bags moving or whatever.

Somebody asked what happens to all the fuel when its dumped. It vapourises as it is released. Imagine throwing a cup of water into a 300 mph wind at 20000 ft altitude. It just spaters into nothing.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That'a a VERY expensive fuel-dump. 12 hours of avgas needing to be dumped to reach a safe landing weight..holy cow. Anyone knows what happens to the fuel at altitude after it's dumped? Just out of interest.

Let's hope they didn't load avgas into a jet.

You took the words right out of my mouth. For the uninformed, Avgas is petrol, used by piston engined aircraft like small private Cessna's. All jets use a kerosene type fuel known as Jet A-1 of Avtur if your a military type. Dumped fuel evaporates and disperses in the atmosphere so don't worry, it's not going to contaminate your Goldfish pond. smile.png

Good idea the AirAsia jet returned to Bangkok. Safety first. - MOONLOVER, you wrote: 'Dumped fuel evaporates and disperses in the atmosphere so don't worry, it's not going to contaminate your Goldfish pond...' - But maybe, I don't like that smell and I have noticed it quite often in the past.

Have a Happy New Year.

Another incident involving Air Asia, in the Philippines, everyone is fine, airframe looks salvageable. Flight was Z2272, evidently Zest is the local AirAsia franchisee?

AirAsia Zest Plane Overshoots Airport Runway in the Philippines

An AirAsia Zest plane overshot a runway in the Philippines early today, a situation that came amid the frantic search for an AirAsia plane that disappeared just two days earlier in the Java Sea.
The plane had departed from Manila, carrying 159 passengers and crew members.
Giovanni Hontomin, who is in charge of AirAsia Zest's operations, said crew members activated an emergency slide to help passengers disembark safely from the Airbus A320-200 after the plane landed at Kalibo International Airport

http://abcnews.go.com/International/airasia-zest-plane-overshoots-airport-runway-philippines/story?id=27894269

http://globalnews.ca/news/1747976/airasia-jet-overshoots-runway-in-philippines/

Edited by mtls2005

Maybe there was a monkey on the wing? All jokes aside, good for the pilot. There is a lot of pressure on pilots (especially for discount airlines) to push through sometimes. Safety first!!! Profits second.

or in other local air lines safety 1st profits nil

Two flights report problems, turn back to Bangkok
SUCHAT SRITAMA
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- A DOMESTIC FLIGHT of Thai AirAsia - and a long haul Bangkok-London flight of Thai Airways International - both made emergency landings yesterday due to technical problems.

Thai AirAsia's flight FD3254 departed from Don Mueang International Airport in Bangkok at 11.10am for Khon Kaen in the Northeast yesterday. But it returned to Don Mueang shortly after take-off when pilots detected an irregularity in the storage compartment area.

Airline officials said the flight was allowed to resume service after engineers ruled out technical problems.

"After departure from Don Mueang International Airport, the pilots detected a minor irregularity in the storage area, [and were] concerned about safety. The flight returned to land at Don Mueang for inspection," the airline said in a statement.

"Engineers did not discover any issues compromising the safety of the flight FD3254," it said.

The incident did not cause any cancellations to service and the plane arrived at its destination about an hour later than scheduled.

On the same day, an international flight of Thai Airways International - TG 916 - which left from Suvarnabhumi International Airport at 1.20pm bound for London, returned to land at the same airport. Pilots reported a problem regarding the hydraulic system.

In its statement, the airline said the aircraft was an Airbus A340-600, carrying 266 passengers to the United Kingdom. Engineers were checking the aircraft to search for the problem.

Passengers were transferred to another aircraft and departed to London at 4.30pm - three hours later than scheduled.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Two-flights-report-problems-turn-back-to-Bangkok-30251020.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-31

Well, this happen often. It's because of lack of training here in such country's.

Oh, not my words, just these from a arrogant US bitch at Fox NEWS.

If it was the same show I saw there was a lot of nonsense spoken including not flying in bad weather despite sudden storms being the norm and a veiled dig at Airbus.

I was forced to watch FOX as the hotel didn't have any other news channel and believe me I use the word news very loosely.

• Like 2

Well, this happen often. It's because of lack of training here in such country's.

Oh, not my words, just these from a arrogant US bitch at Fox NEWS.

If it was the same show I saw there was a lot of nonsense spoken including not flying in bad weather despite sudden storms being the norm and a veiled dig at Airbus.

I was forced to watch FOX as the hotel didn't have any other news channel and believe me I use the word news very loosely.

forced to watch fox? did someone hold a gun to your head? you must be a simpleton to "have" to watch a program just because it is the only one on. ever hear of the "off" switch?

• Like 1

Maybe there was a monkey on the wing? All jokes aside, good for the pilot. There is a lot of pressure on pilots (especially for discount airlines) to push through sometimes. Safety first!!! Profits second.

Here in Thailand it's all about money, therefor money first profit second (except the two last flights who returned) coffee1.gif

I'm sure someone will correct me if i am wrong but as i understand it this is the first time Air Asia have had a plane go down. If this is the case i don't know where you get," Whenever i see a bad news related to flight, 90% of time it's Air Asia" from. Clearly a nonsensical claim to make.

Yeah , i don't mean flight crash ! Even small incidents..may be like : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/788041-airasia-flight-overshoots-runway-in-kalibo-philippines/?utm_source=newsletter-20141231-0747&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news that just happened..I'm sure i saw many news on my facebook newsfeed about Air Asia messing up here and there .That's absolutely not a nonsensical claim. Air Asia is not my enemy or competitor to claim anything wrong about them .They are just one of the airlines to me .So i don't have anything negative to say about them unless its true .

Edited by Galacon

I'm an extremely nervous flyer but like the old saying goes the pilots want to get to their destination in one piece just as much as you do.

So do Bangkok taxi and minivan drivers.

Nope. 'Would definitely take issue with that WRT to some of these drivers...

My feeling"s is this the captain should be the one to decide if flight is safe if he feels it isn't right or wrong there should be no punishment such as being fired from job.

Is that what happens? A pilot makes a call that turns out to be unnecessary he gets punished? That's wild

Not such a nonsensical claim when you look at some facts... Air Asia is the worst maintained fleet in the World with the lowest CASM (Cost per Average Seat Mile) at just 5 cents per mile. To give you an idea, Ryan Air is 7.6 CASM!! appalling record of canxed flights and the worst for late and excessively late flights! Scary... AirAsia? No thanks.

Here in Thailand it's all about money, therefor money first profit second (except the two last flights who returned) coffee1.gif

Here in Thailand? ONLY here in Thailand, is that what you're saying? If so, you have a very blinkered view of the world around you. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

As always it is better to be late in this life, than to arrive early in the

next life! If an airline that I am flying in has to return to its departure point

or land somewhere along the route , I will be very happy. If the flight has to turn around to avoid bad weather instead of trying to fly through it, that is also okay with me.

I have worked in the aviation industry for 32 years, and I have never sided with

the foolish pilots who think they can plow through bad weather or conditions that

are dangerous for the aircraft or passengers. I have been lucky to be on flights that

have had no problems, or just minor ones that did not cause us any harm.

As for the people who think it is getting dangerous to fly, take a bus or a freighter

or cruise ship to your destinations! I will not fly on certain airlines, on my side of the

world or in Asia, Russia, or even in China, and in South America.

Just as, not all aircraft are created equal, I believe that not all airlines are

created equal, or operate in the same safe manner.

Just my opinion!

Happy New Year!

Edited by Stargrazer9889
  • Like 1

Not such a nonsensical claim when you look at some facts... Air Asia is the worst maintained fleet in the World with the lowest CASM (Cost per Average Seat Mile) at just 5 cents per mile. To give you an idea, Ryan Air is 7.6 CASM!! appalling record of canxed flights and the worst for late and excessively late flights! Scary... AirAsia? No thanks.

Do you have any links that confirm what you are saying?

What facts are you using as a comparison?

Are the mechanics and technicians at Air Asia getting the same salary and paying the same cost of living? What are the costs for example with any US, UK or EU airline? How about the costs of Thai Airways.

If you have the links then post them but if not then what you say is not necessarily correct without proof.

• Like 1

Do you have any links that confirm what you are saying?

What facts are you using as a comparison?

Are the mechanics and technicians at Air Asia getting the same salary and paying the same cost of living? What are the costs for example with any US, UK or EU airline? How about the costs of Thai Airways.

If you have the links then post them but if not then what you say is not necessarily correct without proof.

I have no idea what difference the salaries and cost of living has to do with anything? Are you suggesting that lower salaries might equal lower standards? Either way, there's lots of information available in the public domain for you to research but here's a start for you:

http://airasiaannus.blogspot.co.uk/2008/09/air-asia-convice-us-theyre-unsafe.html