Groups want Thai PM to stay for three years

webfact

I wonder if ' special method ' will now replace coup in dictionaries ?

Newspeak is increasing drastically these days. I'm waiting for a term describing throwing bananas at members of the press.

'Displaying a friendly and easygoing nature'?

• Like 1

Weera Sadompruek led the groups to laud Prayut, saying that although the former Army chief came to power by a "special method", he had helped to restore peace and unity and the government was in the process of reforming the country.

A 'special method' ... and there you have it, they can't even call it what it really is ... an act of treason. There's no hope for this country; no hope at all.

The biggest mistake would be to hand the country back

to politicians too soon,as it will just revert back to violence ,

and political bickering,if something had not been done,the

country was looking at civil war.and what we have now is

a lot better than that scenario,

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

The biggest mistake would be to hand the country back

to politicians too soon,as it will just revert back to violence ,

and political bickering,if something had not been done,the

country was looking at civil war.and what we have now is

a lot better than that scenario,

regards Worgeordie

It will be violent BECAUSE they took it from the people. Doesn't matter if the former party was an incompetent lot.

Tell me which party hasn't screwed their voters over.

No what is likely that sooner or later they will begin another cycle of this bickering.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can you can tell us what other PM has achieved what he has in a few months, what others haven't achieved in a few years?

What other PM had the military behind him, what other PM used martial law to stay in power, what other PM was non-elected. None except from a coup.

Somchai was "non-elected"?

Edited by whybother

Indeed, it would be rude not to. Let's make it 5 - It is a nice round number after all.

If the alternative is the next Thaksin crony and shooting on the streets, than he may stay 10 years.

While I think a PM should be better than Prayuth, I only need to think back to Yinglucks, Samaks, Abhisits and Somchais government. There Prayuth is surely the best option.

The only reason there is 'shooting' in the streets is due to powerful groups facilitating, financing and orchestrating the overthrow of democratically elected Govts.

You can never condone violence, but when the people's wishes continue to be thrown out then it is kind of understandable that some people turn to more extreme measures unfortunately.

There is stupidity and there is unadulterated ignorance in many posts about democratically elected governments..... But one thing Thailand has NEVER had is a democratically elected government... unless stupidity and ignorance have taken over this show...

thumbsup.gif Carry on, General. wai.gif

Yeah the guy is truly hilarious so it would make a great addition to the series.

Perhaps Sid James could be bought back to play the lead.

As he's dead that would be quite an achievement.

No problem. Reincarnation is common here.

thumbsup.gif Carry on, General. wai.gif

Yeah the guy is truly hilarious so it would make a great addition to the series.

Perhaps Sid James could be bought back to play the lead.

As he's dead that would be quite an achievement.

well according to some the great leader IS a miracle worker and according to others (who gathered in groups of less than 5) Sid for PM with Kenneth as Dep PM would be a great combination "Prrrrime Minister" (said in Kenneth's 'Matron' voice")

• Like 1

Indeed, it would be rude not to. Let's make it 5 - It is a nice round number after all.

Jag...that's his intention. It is quite clear to me, using other stories such as 'new year gifts' etc (too many to mention) that the population are being 'educated' and softened up for the inevitable announcement of the current regime staying in power until 2020 - at least.

I've given up, and am off to Spain next spring after 7years here. It's just a principled decision about living under a military government. Maybe many posters will think that's barmy but that's me.

Happy New Year to everyone.

May as well, democracy's a farce anyway, when looking at the general population, how on earth could the lowest common denomenator be of any benefit?

Has any good come out of any political institution anywhere in history?

May as well quit chopping and changing to lighten the load.....

Edited by lil fluffy clouds

Jag...that's his intention. It is quite clear to me, using other stories such as 'new year gifts' etc (too many to mention) that the population are being 'educated' and softened up for the inevitable announcement of the current regime staying in power until 2020 - at least.

I've given up, and am off to Spain next spring after 7years here. It's just a principled decision about living under a military government. Maybe many posters will think that's barmy but that's me.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Happy New Year to you too and all the best in Spain.

Why not make it 20? That's how long TRT claimed they would be in power.

If it hadn't been for the 2006 coup they might well have been.

And the 3rd Reich might have lasted for 1000 years, if it hadn't been for WWII. Corrupt megalomaniacs cause their own downfall.

The 3rd Reich might have vanished but the ideology and methods it used haven’t, or have they?

I wonder if the Nation would publish an 'event' where small unknown groups in Issan were proposing the General only stayed for 3 more days.

they might after reporting the names of the 3 groups to the 'NCPO' coffee1.gif

Still reading, but haven't seen the names of these 3 relatively unknown 'groups' and wonder why their request is news-worthy....