Your Thailand related Out and In List suggestions for 2014-2015

Jingthing

Just for fun.

Best if you are super trendy person and have a clue ... that wouldn't be me ... but I'm curious.

(Speaking of which, do we have many (any) super trendy persons who post on this forum? Somehow I doubt that.)

What do reckon are good pairings of Out - In for Thailand 2014 - 2015?

For example,

2014 OUT

Russian tourists

2015 IN

Japanese tourists

2014 OUT

Baht bus charters (Pattaya)

2015 IN

Grab Taxi (Pattaya)

About ANYTHING really, but the suggested format is basically predictions of related type of things with pairings, 2014 OUT to 2015 IN.

Inspired by the famous annual Washington Post Out - In List pairings. Looking at this link should further illustrate the concept of RELATED PAIRINGS:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/features/2014/year-in-review/the-list.html

Interestingly, the longer I am out of the USA (and older of course) the fewer of these I have a clue about without googling!

Also looking at the Washington Post list, it feels Thailand might be on another planet than back there as none of the items seem relevant here ... hmm.

The Washington Post list is a famous long tradition. Are there other international newspapers that post such lists? If so, please post them for 2014-2015.

Edited by Jingthing

2014: Being a good family man like David, didn't get enough oysters to devour.

2015: F$$k that......I'm going to Pattaya to fill up my stomach and meet JT, to express my friendship to him.whistling.gif

K Costas ... I've been inviting JT for a Beer as long as I can remember.

If it's OK with you ... I'll hitch my trailer on and join you both.

Does middle/late February work for you both?

• Like 1

2014 OUT

David48

2015 IN

Jingthing!

Others expressed the passing of the Green Jacket differently ...

The King is dead, long live the Queen...cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He a actually thinks that's funny. Anti-gay rhetoric implying that gay people are women.

Edited by Jingthing

2014 OUT

David48

2015 IN

Jingthing!

He a actually thinks that's funny. Anti-gay rhetoric implying that gay people are women.

JT ... don't know ... maybe ask the poster himself.

Why the angst ... from Wiki ... "In gay slang, queen is a term used to refer to flamboyant ... gay men"

You are looking for something that isn't there.

I'll leave this thread JT ... won't post here again ... I just wanted to clarify the context of the post from the other member so that there is not perceived ambiguity.

• Like 1

Most gay men are not flamboyant.

Maybe you're confusing gay men with lady boys and drag queens and cross dressers (who are often straight).

It's well known that homophobia and misogyny are strongly linked.

To the misogynist POV, women are inferior to men and one reason they detest gay men is that they feel they have "lowered" themselves to that role, voluntarily given up straight male power.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2014 OUT

David48

2015 IN

Jingthing!

JT, my dearest friend,

Leave that horrible man to me.

I'll smack him with a feather, next time I meet him.

I'm gay.......most of the time.........so I feel so much for you.

Are we going to meet in Pattaya?

So we can enhance our social intercourse?

• Like 1

Most gay men are not flamboyant, but most of them are effeminate and easy to spot. That is why I am convinced that sexuality is mostly biological, rather than learned behavior. One of my pet peeves is all these movies and TV show that have straight guys playing homosexuals and not changing their mannerisms at all. It is very PC, but not at all realistic.

• Like 1

Most gay men are not flamboyant, but most of them are effeminate and easy to spot. That is why I am convinced that sexuality is mostly biological, rather than learned behavior. One of my pet peeves is all these movies and TV show that have straight guys playing homosexuals and not changing their mannerisms at all. It is very PC, but not at all realistic.

You notice the effeminate ones. The majority who are not effeminate you don't notice so you have made a false conclusion based on not even being able to see the bigger picture. Not dissing effeminate men, gay or straight, but facts are facts.

Edited by Jingthing

You notice the effeminate ones. The majority who are not effeminate you don't notice so you have made a false conclusion based on not even being able to see the bigger picture. Not dissing effeminate men, gay or straight, but facts are facts.

I lived in Miami, San Francisco and Thailand for many years and have been around tons of gay men that did not need to hide it. The vast majority are somewhat effeminate and I am not talking about flamers. Pretending that gay men mostly act like straight men is a PC fantasy.

• Like 2

That's a different thing, gay men "acting" like an overblown conception of what a straight man is supposed to be, often to avoid oppression and/or as a pose to be attractive to other gay men that like that sort of thing.

I'm just saying that naturally gay men are mostly not effeminate.

If you're talking about a gay ghetto culture like in SF, that's more about cultural conformity than anything innate.

Trying mixing with gays outside the ghettos and you'd know more. The vast majority of gay men in the world do not live in places like West Hollywood and that again is a fact.

But we can agree to disagree ... no biggie.

But different than being what you think as "effeminate" and feeling and dressing like a woman.

Edited by Jingthing

Leave it out JT. I, and I'm sure many like me, just don't care if people like you get your nose out of joint. We've moved way beyond the tired old stereotypes and this "queen" thing merits nothing more than a noncommital chuckle and then dismissal. It's completely unimportant to many of us straights because we already know "right from wrong", so to speak. Give us some credit. You'd be better advised just to ignore or sidestep it like I do.

• Like 1

Leave it out JT. I, and I'm sure many like me, just don't care if people like you get your nose out of joint. We've moved way beyond the tired old stereotypes and this "queen" thing merits nothing more than a noncommital chuckle and then dismissal. It's completely unimportant to many of us straights because we already know "right from wrong", so to speak. Give us some credit. You'd be better advised just to ignore or sidestep it like I do.

Fair enough point, dudes, but I'm a dude too. So it's Mr. Dude Sir to you. Just kidding.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1