13-year-old boy killed by firework in Ratchaburi

webfact

13-year-old boy killed by firework in Ratchaburi

RATCHABURI: -- A 13-year-old boy was killed in Ratchaburi's Pakthor district on New Year Eve when he and friends lit fireworks to celebrate the New Year countdown.

The boy was identified as Thanakorn Imjit. The boy and friends put the fireworks into a metal pipe that exploded, causing a firework to hit his head.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/13-year-old-boy-killed-by-firework-in-Ratchaburi-30251064.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-01

many of us did dangerous things when we were young, cant imagine how we made it thru childhood, sad for the boy and his family

Yah, I plan to watch my son carefully and try to educate him of the dangers. Hopefully, he will listen, remember, and behave with reasonable forethought of the possible consequences.

many of us did dangerous things when we were young, cant imagine how we made it thru childhood, sad for the boy and his family

Yes but in most of our home countries laws were passed and respected to protect us from ourselves.

Sales to children should be banned and enforced but that's not going to happen here.

I'm actually quite surprised that there are not more "accidents" reported, especially as it seems to me that over the last few years many of the fireworks are designed more for the explosion, not the visual appeal. The louder the bang the better!

RIP to the young man. Condolences to the family. My 9 year old nephew had to go the the local hospital today due to being hit next to his left eye by some sort of firework he was playing with. Nothing serious, however he is now confined to his room for the rest of the day and his fireworks confiscated and soaked in a pail of water. Done!

RIP young man. May you return and be an advocate for banning fireworks. Peace be with you.

Seems like the kid had a death wish. One dumbell who put a firework inside a metal pipe is no reason why other rational adults should not enjoy fireworks safely.

Edited by Time Traveller

RIP young man. May you return and be an advocate for banning fireworks. Peace be with you.

Seems like the kid had a death wish. One dumbell who put a firework inside a metal pipe is no reason why other rational adults should not enjoy fireworks safely.

Seems you don't have an ounce of sympathy in your body. What dreadful things to say about a dead child. There will be many more dead or maimed children as a result of fireworks. Are you suggesting that we allow them all guns because only a few of them, the dumb death wish ones, will be killed? Fireworks or guns in the hands of the wrong people can kill or maime. Are we not to concern ourselves with that as it is only the dumb ones that will die and they don't matter.

May I suggest you return in your Tardis to the dark ages. I feel you may be a lot happier there amongst people who don't care.

We used to put deodorant (aerosol) cans into PVC plumbing pipes, set them at an angle, and put a lit firelighter at the base.

Great fun for 13 yr old boys.

Until one lad had one explode in his hand on bonfire night, taking 4 of his fingers off. I wasn't there, but the boys who were could never fully talk about it.

RiP this lad.

We used to put deodorant (aerosol) cans into PVC plumbing pipes, set them at an angle, and put a lit firelighter at the base.

Great fun for 13 yr old boys.

Until one lad had one explode in his hand on bonfire night, taking 4 of his fingers off. I wasn't there, but the boys who were could never fully talk about it.

RiP this lad.

We all did stupid things as kids. Some of us just got away with it.

• Like 1

I wish they would not sell any explosives to the public.

Municipalities could arrange ONE BIG fire work at midnight, then finished with the nonsense.

Yeah, no one is going to start making dodgy homemade ones that are then sold or given to young guys.

Not sure what planet you're living on there lad.

I wish they would not sell any explosives to the public.

Municipalities could arrange ONE BIG fire work at midnight, then finished with the nonsense.

Yeah, no one is going to start making dodgy homemade ones that are then sold or given to young guys.

Not sure what planet you're living on there lad.

Planet normal. You should try it.

• Like 1

You should move to Thailand then, or at least visit here on holiday. smile.png

Banning firework sales to the public. Yeah, that would work.... Maybe head up to Yasothon for Bun Bang Fai when you come here, to see what the back yard boys do.

Edited by Sirpia

You should move to Thailand then, or at least visit here on holiday. smile.png

Banning firework sales to the public. Yeah, that would work.... Maybe head up to Yasothon for Bun Bang Fai when you come here, to see what the back yard boys do.

Good idea. But being as I live in Bangkok I don't really see it as a holiday.

As for what you and your backdoor boys do, maybe best to keep it quiet.

I live in Bangkok.

You're not fooling anybody.

Ban the Thais from buying fireworks, solve future firework related injuries. cheesy.gif

Thanks for the laugh lad. Enjoy your holiday.

Seems to work in the US.

But I guess the Thais are too good at finding loopholes, shortcuts, and ways to cheat like they do in pretty much everything in their uneducated lives with the typical weak oversight of the 'so called' authorities. Try to make suggestions and the Thais become fire ants all over you.

Just let them play with the homemade fireworks. Don't bother with their cheap and insignificant lives.

Now where did the wife put that homemade Thai whiskey?!

Edited by tomyummer
  • Like 1

Terrible shame. Thais (and Asian countries in general) have a lackadaisical attitude to fireworks. Like many others, I experienced this first hand. About 4 years ago at Loy Kratong, a kid no older than six had a pipe with fireworks going off. He was walking around and they were going off in all directions. The adults found this 'cute' and 'funny'. When one firework whizzed past my nose, I decided to leave the area and retreat to a local restaurant.

Can't see these sad incidents going away. Culture and whatnot.

He's already wasted one life, why would he want to waste another?

A sick and insensitive post. Be ashamed of yourself for making such remarks about a young kid.

I live in Bangkok.

Ban the Thais from buying fireworks, solve future firework related injuries. cheesy.gif

Seems to work in the US.

But I guess the Thais are too good at finding loopholes, shortcuts, and ways to cheat like they do in pretty much everything in their uneducated lives with the typical weak oversight of the 'so called' authorities. Try to make suggestions and the Thais become fire ants all over you.

Just let them play with the homemade fireworks. Don't bother with their cheap and insignificant lives.

Now where did the wife put that homemade Thai whiskey?!

At least one poster has been here. :D

• Like 1

My opinon on this is Fireworks should not be sold to anybody, exept experts for shows,

they are explosives, and even in the hands of an adult you never know if it will go in the

direction you want, or if you get a defective one it can blow in your face. w00t.gif

Edited by Canuk23

I live in Bangkok.

They have already some other toys to kill each other like Guns, Machetes and don't forget Yabba.

RIP young boy.