Sold pup not purebred as charged!

We were sold 2 puppies, supposedly yorkies, with papers from KCoT,, they looked a little pointed in the face, but I have seen this before, They were at 7 weeks. We now have, I'm sure a cross looks like palmerainion and yorkie. Is there a recourse for getting a refund for high fee paid for a registered puppy. When we got puppies, pen next to it had adult yorkies, so we lowered our guard. What to do??

a pom yorki mix is actually one of the new 'tailor made' types that everyone here at least is dying to get ahold of...

you have them. keep them. im sure they're cute and fluffy... if u arent showing them, then it most likely doesnt really matter as if they look mostly yorki'ish noone in the real world will most likekly notice. only show or dog knowlegable people might.

when buying dogs, caveat emptor. if u dont see teh mother with the litter and a pic of the mother being bred with the male, then you will never know. as it is, many time someone breeds and a strange male gets in and has his way and one or two pups are from a separate father. u can also order dna testing for yorkies... i recently came across some site that does that for breeders, if its super important.

as far as money... goner. especially if its a back street or puppy mill breeder

• Like 1

"with papers from KCoT"

I don't know what KCot is but assume it's something similar to Kennel Club registration blink.png

If this is the case surely the OP has some kind of claim against them for supplying false pedigree certificate.

Another case of corruption sad.png

• Like 2

Expression "to be sold a pup", ie, swindled.

No kidding. Strange title: "Sold pup not purebred". In fact, the topic is "Purchased pup not purebred". Taking the passive form is an attempt to sidestep responsibility. Caveat emptor still applies.

• Like 2

You'l grow to love them, never did understand this obsession with papers.

The "obsession" comes from a desire to avoid inbred animals that have a higher likelihood of hereditary illness or disorder. Another way to avoid these problems is the fashion breeds i.e.; Cockapoo, Labradoodle etc or a mut of random mixed breeds.

Is Daffy D the only one with a functioning brain on this thread? The OP is not complaining about not getting the perfect dog, just getting what he paid for. Perhaps he can approach the Consumer Affairs Department - altho I suspect it's also known as the Inactive Post Department

• Like 1

I went to Pantip last weekend and bought a copy of Windows 8.1. When I got home I was shocked - shocked! - to discover it was a pirated copy.

Who can I sue?

You should probably sue Microsoft for making such a hideous OS in the first place!!

• Like 1

"with papers from KCoT"

I don't know what KCot is but assume it's something similar to Kennel Club registration blink.png

If this is the case surely the OP has some kind of claim against them for supplying false pedigree certificate.

Another case of corruption sad.png

You dont know if the KCoT did supply the paper. It could have been made up on someones computer. Shouldnt be so quick to judge without all the facts

Edited by gandalf12

On a serious note:

Balance the price of a lawyer with the price of the pups.

Balance your heart with the refund and the pups returned to the seller.

If you are okay with both then do it.

Otherwise just complain to the seller and tell them you will tell all of your friends not to shop there.

With so many dogs being rescued from the illegal dog meat trade, your money would be better spent helping one or two of them. Soi Dog would love it if you walked in and offered to give a home to them. Many are domesticated dogs, ripped out of their neighborhood. It's a tragic situation. I am not advertising for Soi Dog, but advising that they need help with helping thousands of homeless dogs.

• Like 2