pattaya immigration

bapoboy

Hello, my tourist visa went out yesterday January 1, but it was closed there so i couldnt get extension, I need 30 day visa extension, the immigration in pattaya open today? if it is not open, I will get overstay fine?

thanks for all your helpsmile.png

As far as I know they dont penalise you for being late if you go on the first day after the holiday (assuming you weren't already late before the holiday, of course).

You could have applied for an extension as much as two weeks before your current permission to stay expired without losing any days from your total stay.

If your permission to stay expired while immigration offices were closed for the holiday, you can apply the first day they open again without penalty, but after this extended holiday be prepared for masses of other people pitching up too. Plan for a lengthy wait. Make sure you have all the requirements in hand before your number is called or your day will be longer still if they send you away to get photocopies, etc/

The form is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/7-tm7-extension-of-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-application-form/

Go to the photocopy shop next to the immigration office, tell them that you're applying for an extension of a tourist visa and they'll make sure you get all the required photocopies you need.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

I find this fascinating ! My visa was due to expire Jan 3rd. So I went Dec 29th, just to make sure I will be ok ...

Everything was done in time, no worries, no headaches ....

I don't get it why some people take the chances and leave things to the last minute specially during holidays ...

luudee

Those people also invented last-minute travel bookings......a booming business, so I guess that the OP isn't the only one, but on the other hand, if you don't know that you can get an extension a few days before the expiration date without losing days, it will happen to a lot more people.

it will happen to a lot more people

Only to those who are not regular TV readers tongue.png

Its a question that arises about every other week ("how long in advance...").

Only beaten by "when to do 90 day report" (15 days before, 7 days after, due date counts as day 1).

• 3 weeks later...

What has happened to the Immigration station 1 and 2 at Jomtien.

For near ten years I have been doing my extension this time of the year. There have been good and bad years but what I noticed overall the service has been getting better at every station especially for 90 days reporting, Residential Certificates, and even my yearly extension at window 6 went quick but I noticed this about the station 1 and 2 which does the entries.

In past years there were one agent at each window and one or two in the back in this large cubical. Usually the passport and the paperwork is inspected then payment and pass to the clerks in the back. Thereafter you are asked to wait and your passport is return to you after a half hour.

\

I did this yesterday because it went pretty fast in the past and so normal I got there at 12:30pm got a number until they finish lunch. The board indicated 104, the number I was given was 146, I was thinking o.k. I'll wait regardless. While waiting here is what I saw... there were two ladies at window 1, working their butts off, behind window 2, there was a another lady and young guy just sitting there doing nothing but trying to fix the fax or computer this went on for a hour. From time to time I noticed a foreigner with a Thai representative go up to the #2 and they would sit down the guy would pull out his cell phone and take a photo and off they go. I saw others from #6 do the same without numbers just come up and their business would be taken care of and the guy would go back to standing up and walking around again. This went on for over a hour and #1 window and the number after a hour was sitting now at 110, from time to time I saw Thai non-immigrations representatives come up with a bunch of passport and when that happen everything stopped! I was thinking at 146, it was already pass 2pm, I left so did many others who were waiting.

Thinking I will go the next morning early and get a number and get it done quick? I got there at 8:05am, the line was out to the street from the parking lot. I got a number 133, and it was 8:25am, for a hour again I watched the same thing go around as I did yesterday the number was at 107, after a hour. I waited another 15 minutes I just couldn't take it any longer so I left again.

In near 10 years of going down to this place never seen anything like this at all. This is only stations 1&2 trying to obtain the re-entry permit. stations. Out of all the stations the most visited stations are 1&2 this time of the year. If anyone in charge would pull the information from the computer would realize more resources should be diverted towards this application yet there seem there are but only 2 of the 7 or doing any work. I have no idea what the others particular the young kid is doing?

Anyone know what happen?

Edited by thailand49

Seasonal variations ... nothing new.

Yes, it is obvious except to the Thai immigration who are running the place. As noted another example no matter where you live in the world the government can't run anything! As I noted, a well run office is to put up data to indicate the time of year and station that need the most resources but instead of moving the more visited counter of 1 and 2 they got the resources to just walking and sitting around waiting for the expeditor to get their tea money!

The number counters dont always work. But when they are broken you will not be told so. This can be very confusing.

Some people going to counter 6 will be returning to collect their completed extension and passport, for which you don't need to queue.