Working Hours of Police in Thailand

harryfrompattaya

What are the official hours and days a month a Policeman is to work

Somebody told me they supposed to work everyday 12 hours a day

No you mixed that up. It's 12 hours per year.

• Like 2

in fact they are on 24-hour call

So that's why they can never really be assed to do any real policing, like get out there and catch real crooks when a misdemeanor has been reported, since, in all likelihood, it might take them into unpaid overtime. whistling.gif

or into prosecuting one of there own.

When are they all being sacked?

I know one copper, the only one in the ban, who spends his days drinking and riding around on his bike. He appears to be answerable to nobody. I don't know his working hours but unless the ban needs a plain-clothes drunken policeman he is never on duty.

• Like 2

Policeman comes to my land 2-3 times a week, he often has to do 12 hour days BUT its VERY relaxed, many times he will stay here for more than an hour having a drink , looking at the veggies or fish etc.

Compared to a UK policeman who has NO time at all, every second of their days are full, I told him in England Police really dont have time to do anythng except move on to the next incident.

So Tha Police = long hours but little work by me past Hua Hin

He also has to clean the police station every Wednesday, he's not a lowly cop he's a lieutenant.

His salary 20k a month 18 years in the rtp used to be border patrol for 8 of those years, hes a decent guy.

Edited by kannot

I think now I have answered the OP`s question that there no longer any point in keeping this thread open. The rest of the replies are like bad jokes that keep getting repeated time and time again.

For those who have nothing constructive to add to these threads, why bother participating at all?

I think folk are entitled to their SAY however crap YOU think it might be, thats the mods job

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

I think now I have answered the OP`s question that there no longer any point in keeping this thread open. The rest of the replies are like bad jokes that keep getting repeated time and time again.

For those who have nothing constructive to add to these threads, why bother participating at all?

Well excuse the rest of us for breathing Mr. High and Mighty Beetlejuice, your not the only member on TV that has the right to make a comment, if you don't like the comments then don't read them. MOVE ON....

• Like 1