Sinet service quality in Suthep area

giibaht

I can tell you that they were offering a 'special promotion' on Huaykaew Rd, and when I investigated they told me that it would be at least a week before my building would be hooked into the system. That was two months ago... I'm still waiting. My friend is using their service and tells me that it is VERY spotty. He's paid for the 30mb service but often gets as low as 4-6mb.

sinet internet is very bad, i had better connection with 3bb 10mb then now with the 30mb from sinet.

I agree, never had any probs with 3BB. Being in a condo at CBP/Nongpakrang now, Sinet is provided/ included to all units and is down once a week.

Not allowed to sort out internet individually. Not sure though wether the an internal issue of the condo or Sinet.

I've had Sinet fibre 15/5 service in Tambon Suthep for a month now. It's been rock solid and speedy. No problems in this first month. I'm happy to have switched away from ToT ADSL which would black out periodically, including whenever it rained, and would brown out during busy times.

On my connection, speed tests within Thailand always report a little better than the advertised 15/5 Mbps down/up. I get excellent results to nearby countries including Singapore and Hong Kong. Speed tests to Washington, LA and NY have consistently run between 5 and 13 down and around 4 up.

Neither streaming IP TV from Bangkok, nor HD YouTube videos from wherever, pause for buffering.

For all-building condo coverage I assume they are using their shared wifi service. Shared wifi is always going to have problems, regardless of provider. For me, the dedicated fibre line to my room has been excellent.

For all-building condo coverage I assume they are using their shared wifi service. Shared wifi is always going to have problems, regardless of provider. For me, the dedicated fibre line to my room has been excellent.

The current apartment I'm staying at (in Huay Kaew/CMU locality) provides free internet using Sinet, via wifi ie no router in my room. It is crap. I changed to 3BB 10Mbps, they laid a telephone line direct to my room, with a wifi router, and I am happy with the service. I'm not sure whether it is because the apartment owner installed a low bandwidth Sinet plan (and does is "underpowered" for all residents to use) or Sinet is simply not good (for this locality). But certainly the free Sinet internet is quite slow and goes down often.

However, I may move to another condo in Suthep locality that only uses Sinet. Residents can subscribe to different Sinet plans but access it via wifi. Does that mean the performance will not be as good as if Sinet were to install a line directly to my room (assuming they can do it)?

Edited by giibaht

• 1 month later...

I am using a Sinet 30/10 with symphony international pipeline and get superb speed to US not sure about Europe, super reliable my condo has a free wifi which their network put a limit to the speed as attached mind you there are 3 computers using this now and speed is still super fast first one is to Dreamhost server in California other to Bangkok

The current apartment I'm staying at (in Huay Kaew/CMU locality) provides free internet using Sinet, via wifi ie no router in my room. It is crap. I changed to 3BB 10Mbps, they laid a telephone line direct to my room, with a wifi router, and I am happy with the service. I'm not sure whether it is because the apartment owner installed a low bandwidth Sinet plan (and does is "underpowered" for all residents to use) or Sinet is simply not good (for this locality). But certainly the free Sinet internet is quite slow and goes down often.

However, I may move to another condo in Suthep locality that only uses Sinet. Residents can subscribe to different Sinet plans but access it via wifi. Does that mean the performance will not be as good as if Sinet were to install a line directly to my room (assuming they can do it)?

post-232164-0-48424300-1424835350_thumb.

post-232164-0-37877600-1424835360_thumb.

Edited by 123Chiangmai123

What is the name of your building?

I can tell you that they were offering a 'special promotion' on Huaykaew Rd, and when I investigated they told me that it would be at least a week before my building would be hooked into the system. That was two months ago... I'm still waiting. My friend is using their service and tells me that it is VERY spotty. He's paid for the 30mb service but often gets as low as 4-6mb.