Impeachment hearing dates set for Yingluck, two others

Lite Beer

What stands out the most to me about this and a few other cases which have come up over the last few years which have put guilt clearly on Thaksin and Pheu-Thai is that I have NEVER seen one red-shirt acknowledge that anyone did anything wrong. All they can say is that it is a conspiracy against them.

That makes your opinions now worth less than nothing. Stick to what you know : intimidate, lie and murder to get your way while you can. The world keeps turning and one day you will just be a shameful footnote in history. Take it from me : you represent a medieval 3rd-world past, not the future.

Thailand needs some examples to be set. I don't hold Yingluck responsible for what she did (or more to the point didn't do) : that honour lies with Thaksin. However if she is happy to go along with the lie that she was not his puppet then she deserves all she gets.

When the only arbiter of one side is a court judgement being used to categorically define a perpetrators true guilt, it is irrelevant whether anyone did anything wrong whatsoever. All sides have their corrupt members, but one side is facing prosecution and the other is not. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference if one admits that the reds or Ptp did anything wrong when the other side has done something wrong too, but appears to be unpunished.

Is Thaksin corrupt? Probably, but in the law, apparently yes.

Is Suthep corrupt? Probaby, but in the eyes of the law, apparently not.

So the value of a farang putting an absolute judgement of apportioning blame for their actions becomes utterly absurd, because the system isnt punishing wrong doing equally.

For those farangs on here who state "Thaksin is a convicted criminal", anyone with half a brain and an objective mind can only say, "so and so is an unconvicted criminal", and it is no significant differentiation of wrong doing when the measurement of guilt is a very very dodgy and corruptible Thai legal system.

Just about all of the major players in this story have broken laws in one way or another, but some are being absolved and others aren't, That doesn't confer innocence in any way.

Why would anyone respect any judgement handed down while this regime is running the show?

It's quite clear that the yellow elite cannot win via the vote of the people so this time around suthep conspired with the general to once again oust the elected government and once again try and force the shins out of government via a kangaroo court.

The more they try the more the people will oppose their tactics.

One mention on here of Thaksin or Yingluck sends the junta supporters into feeding frenzy so imagine what it's like for the junta.

Impeach away as it will only cause more resentment and strengthen the support of the PTP.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Typical Thai style. If you can't win by voting, impeach them.

I think you mean. If you win by vote buying and lying & stealing a shit load of money from the Thai people !!! Then yes impeach them.

Given that 3 independent studies all came to the conclusion that PT did not win by buying votes, and there is zero evidence that they stole "a shit load of money", I'm guessing that you've uncovered a raft of new evidence that you'll be forwarding to those currently pulling the strings - or are you just making it up as you go?

Lol you to funny !! No vote buying !! Please stop I'm peeing my pants on that quote !! Tell me I look through red tinted glasses where did all the money go from the rice scam ?? To some camel Dork in Dubai comes mind.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think you mean. If you win by vote buying and lying & stealing a shit load of money from the Thai people !!! Then yes impeach them.

Given that 3 independent studies all came to the conclusion that PT did not win by buying votes, and there is zero evidence that they stole "a shit load of money", I'm guessing that you've uncovered a raft of new evidence that you'll be forwarding to those currently pulling the strings - or are you just making it up as you go?

Lol you to funny !! No vote buying !! Please stop I'm peeing my pants on that quote !! Tell me I look through red tinted glasses where did all the money go from the rice scam ?? To some camel Dork in Dubai comes mind.

All you lot asking where the loss occured in the rice scheme do some basic maths on losing 15,000 baht times 45,000,000

Its all a bit of round numbers but that is the approximate loss incurred without anyone stealing one baht out of the system,

15,000 baht per tonne and 45,000,000 tonnes of finished processed rice. Thats why no one is being charged with systematically robbing the system

All you lot asking where the loss occured in the rice scheme do some basic maths on losing 15,000 baht times 45,000,000

Its all a bit of round numbers but that is the approximate loss incurred without anyone stealing one baht out of the system,

15,000 baht per tonne and 45,000,000 tonnes of finished processed rice. Thats why no one is being charged with systematically robbing the system

Not charged so far

3 independent studies....really .details please and how do you know they're independent? ?

Zero evidence that members of PT government stole a shit load of money....its you wearing the blinkers...there's been plenty of evidence in the last few months..you may choose to disbelieve it...but it is there

Quote:

"Of course it got better after Suthep's mobs went back home. But the situation is far from good .

That is a belief right?

investment, My facts here prove you're wrong.

tourism. My facts here prove you're wrong.

exports. My facts here prove you're wrong.

industrial output. ????? I bet I can prove you wrong here too if you extrapolate!

Either way, my facts overrides your beliefs."

Answer:

Investment: the data you show is not investment, but stock exchange

I searched, it's difficult to find synthetic information, i.e.:

"Fixed investment rebounded from a 6.9% contraction in Q2 to a 2.9% expansion in Q3"

http://www.focus-economics.com/country-indicator/thailand/investment

So nothing very exciting

Tourism: put 2013 as first year and you see 2014 curve is under 2013 (not a big surprise)

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/tourist-arrivals

Export: I admit that the data shown don't look bad compared to 2013, but the situation is also not very exciting, i.e.:

On the external side of the economy, exports of goods and services dropped 4.0% in Q3 (Q2: -0.6% year-on-year). Meanwhile, imports fell 1.1%, which represented a much softer contraction than the 9.0% decrease observed in the previous quarter. As a result, the external sector’s net contribution to overall economic growth fell from 5.2 percentage points in the second quarter to minus 2.4 percentage points in the third quarter, thus marking the lowest level since Q2 2012.

http://www.focus-economics.com/country-indicator/thailand/investment

Production:No so good compared to 2013, remains at -3.5%

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/industrial-production

Capacity utilisation: not improving

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/capacity-utilization

As concerns my beliefs: yes I tend to believe what's written in The Economist, recognised as one of the most reliable source:

"This year it is likely to grow by only about 1%, far less than in 2013 (see chart). Consumer spending has recovered somewhat since the coup. But investment, tourism, exports and industrial output are all down."

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21635605-new-political-order-takes-shape-thailands-elites-vie-position-next

So I maintain:

Of course it got better after Suthep's mobs went back home. But the situation is far from good.

It will surely improve in 2015, let's see to what extent.

she cost the country huge amounts,it was on her head as the head of the government.just hope she gets the right punishment after.the brother is not available as we know but somehow he was behind it or knew about it the scheme.the family know about ways and schemes to get lots of money of people

Thaksin told Forbes he got one biljon USD back from PTP in the beginning of last year.

Not charged so far

Plus the costs of storage.

Has it not occurred to you that paying B15000/t for 45 million tonnes of rice, encouraging even more production during a world glut, that they had no possible chance of selling for anywhere near that amount, and incurring huge storage costs while the rice depreciated, was a criminal waste of the country's revenue?

Who beneftted from the crime? Yingluk got elected, but where are the POOR farmers who were lifted from poverty, the stated aim of the policy?

Only the naive would beleive that this process is independent. The NLA is more than 50 percent stacked with military. They will all follow orders and the outcome will be the one dictated by the NCPO.

Let's hope they do.

So you are advocating a corrupt practice in order to resolve a corrupt practice. How does that make the junta, or you, any different than the Shins?

Has it not occurred to you that paying B15000/t for 45 million tonnes of rice, encouraging even more production during a world glut, that they had no possible chance of selling for anywhere near that amount, and incurring huge storage costs while the rice depreciated, was a criminal waste of the country's revenue?

Who beneftted from the crime? Yingluk got elected, but where are the POOR farmers who were lifted from poverty, the stated aim of the policy?

That's not what was implied by the original poster. The statement was that somehow some huge amount of money was siphoned out of the system and moved to Dubai.

Now, I am not a shin defender, but I like my diacussions to be about facts. So, if the implication is that people stole money when in fact they didn't, and they aren't accused of it, then sorry, I apologise for interjecting.

As for your question. The money got spent in thailand, and an awful lot of it got put into the rural community. Was it self funding? No. Was it the best use of public funds? Define best? Probably better than a lot of spending that gets done on GT 2000s OE aircraft carriers to pick a couple of white elephant projects.

How many monstrous public projects don't go to budget world wide? Putting computers into the NHS cost the UK 25bn GBP and its still not delivered. Did we need a coup?