Glue board mouse traps - best brand?

bino

I hate the glue boards , as other creatures like gekos get stuck to them . We use pink pellets that you can buy in a box at Lotus , it may be slower but it gets rid of the mice .

Hmmmm... slower, and allows them to be poisoned slowly and die inside your wall, under your refrigrator, or whatever other inacessible location they hide themself, only to rot and stink in same difficult to access location.

I'll stick with the glue boards (pun intended) , seeing the vermin die and leaving the household permanently.

Solve your problem by getting a cat... a good ratter.

Cats snap the rats neck which is instant, a far better way to die than using a glue trap. Most cats will sort the problem for you, and if the cat is a pet it will bring them home to show you their catch and appreciation. CATS FOR YOU IN PATTAYA are the people to contact.

peanut butter never worked for me ? what is the 2nd or 3rd choice ?

and floor tiles with the sticky backs might make a nice larger size glue pad !

A little chink of Pizza did the trick for me. They can't resist it. I caught over 10 mice in a single evening in a place I was living in.

Glue boards were a bit gruesome - seeing the poor little buggers pinned down and looking at you in terror. Snap traps seemed to be the most humane way of dispatching them.

Killing things is never nice, but necessary sometimes and I agree with all the people here who rightly say that rats and mice are vermin.

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1

Whilst I agree that cats are an excellent deterrent - mice will avoid them, they are not the solution for an exisiting mouse problem.

Every cat I have ever known likes to "play" with the mouse before killing them. They will catch the mouse, claw and chew on it for a while, and then release it to play the game and catch again.

If you think glue boards are traumatic for a mouse - imagine being hunted and maimed over and over again by a feline.

Also, the cat does not win every time. Upon release, the mouse can go and hide somewhere where the cat can not get to them. The cat will eventually lose interest and move on while the injured mouse dies a slow death as I have described above: inside your wall, under your refrigrator, or whatever other inacessible location they hide themself, only to rot and stink in same difficult to access location.

Lastly, not everyone wants the responsibility or expense of maintaining a full time pet.

STATUS UPDATE - the mother in law just took another board outside and dispatched another mouse. I thought we had them all, but yet one more just got caught. Score is now Glue boards 8, rodents 0.

Right - cats are efficient but sadistic.

glue boards are just revolting and should be abolished its so in humane sow death half the body stuck while the other half tries to break free, birds frogs etc all getting stuck and dying the same horrible death ad people leave the boards outside

Totally agree, glue boards are a cruel and barbaric method of eliminating mice and rats.

There are several kinds of traps that can be used that causes less pain and suffering to these rodents. I use cage traps if mice get into the house. Very easy, just place a piece of chocolate or cake in the cage and set the spring mechanism to close the cage door once a mouse or rat enters. Then in the morning if a mouse is inside the cage, I take it outside of the property and release the mouse. They never return to the house, there is no such thing as homing mice.

If in the attic then I lay down poison pellets . These pellets don`t kill instantly, they allow the mice or rats to return to their nests and feed the poison to their offspring, therefore as they say; killing more than one bird with one stone. The poison is slow acting, it does not cause them pain, the mice or rats just keel over and die.The cage traps can be bought virtually everywhere and the pellets are on sale at all the big supermarkets.

post-110219-0-61455800-1420380681_thumb.

post-110219-0-29343900-1420380697_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

My cat would eat their heads and leave the bodies on my bed. Pressie for mummy.

Each time, and it must have been hundreds, i would freak out. But she would just do her cat smile and purr.

These were mice she found outside, not in the house. But i have heard them squeeking around - not a nice sound. And then silence, chomp chomp chomp and then my present. One i woke up to lying beside my head on the pillow, headless with its little feet and tail. And the cat gracefully sleeping.

So, instead of making the poor wee things suffer in glue. Get a couple of cats, at least then they get killed pretty quickly.

Edited by Patsycat

glue boards are just revolting and should be abolished its so in humane sow death half the body stuck while the other half tries to break free, birds frogs etc all getting stuck and dying the same horrible death ad people leave the boards outside

Totally agree- have been shot down before on this forum before for saying try not to kill anything. Oh No! A mouse, a rat, a snake, a noisy bird , some weird bug - lets shoot it, poison it, make it have a lingering painful death stuck to glue.

Just live with the local wildlife- they won't harm you and just maybe in the future we will have a planet where the indigenous species are not just found in Zoos ?

Did it ever occur to you that we Humans are also indigenous to this planet?

And are at the top of the food chain?

Do you promote the saving of the many deadly bacteria simply because they live on this planet also?

Deny millions medicine because it fits with you warped sense of Greeniness?

Do you really think that if another specie on this planet became dominant they would treat us with care and respect? Or just as a food source or an annoyance that will be dealt with?

Go starve in the dark.

wow a post like this and you think your top of the food chain oh the irony.......coffee1.gif

I stay in Isaan too, there's mice around believe me, when I had the cats 1 or 2 dead ones in the morning almost every day. When I stayed In phuket the bar I had was infested, no amount of traps could get rid of them.

Thais just fold the boards up and throw them away, but the rats will starve to death slowly, stuck in the glue. They make pitiful noises and struggle to get away.

I take a long, fairly wide pvc pipe and cover their head and put all my weight on it. It will break their spine quickly and then I use the same pipe to crush their skull completely with the edge. It is the fastest and most humane way that I have found to put them out of their misery after they are stuck.

Hang them on the wall and use them for targets--air guns, slingshots, darts, knives, or even rocks. Makes for great fun.

• Like 1

Get a cage and release them elsewhere. It's cheap. No killing necessary. And it's environmentally sensitive. Throwing plastic and glue in the garbage for every rat in the world is stupid and anyone doing better not complain about Thai's wasting plastic.

Yeah, I take mine over to that Chelsea fan's house and leave them.

Totally agree- have been shot down before on this forum before for saying try not to kill anything. Oh No! A mouse, a rat, a snake, a noisy bird , some weird bug - lets shoot it, poison it, make it have a lingering painful death stuck to glue.

Just live with the local wildlife- they won't harm you and just maybe in the future we will have a planet where the indigenous species are not just found in Zoos ?

I assume you eat meat, fish and fowl? The wildlife might or might not hurt you, but having some animals bumped off for you to eat and then getting all teary eyed about killing other animals that are pests is just a tad hypocritical. I do not eat meat or fish but do not have a problem with those who do or killing pests, dogs even. What makes me laugh is the sentimental twaddle posters often come out with on here regarding animals by people who are actually devouring them!

Thais just fold the boards up and throw them away, but the rats will starve to death slowly, stuck in the glue. They make pitiful noises and struggle to get away.

I take a long, fairly wide pvc pipe and cover their head and put all my weight on it. It will break their spine quickly and then I use the same pipe to crush their skull completely with the edge. It is the fastest and most humane way that I have found to put them out of their misery after they are stuck.

Another way to put them out of their misery quickly is to drown them in water that is not going to be reused. Rat urine can be deadly.

All the comments are true. If you use the traps outside you willl surely catch a beautiful house wren and a couple of lizards. It is a nasty but effective trap, unfortunately it does not discriminate against birds and lizards. I caught something once that managed to ter itself away from the trap in the night. I could not see any fur or hair on the trap but I am betting on a stray cat...The pink rat poison pellets are effective too and you are not likely to see the slow internal bleeding to death these pests suffer. If you have to use the pink pellets , please be careful so that infants and small children cannot get them since they look like another piece of candy. We went through a nasty incident over that a few years ago where a neighbor child ate some pellets we put down outside. The child was sick for a couple of days and we paid out some money to the parents. Thank God th child did not die. BE WARNED ABOUT THE DANGER OF THIS RAT POISION, PLEASE.

Hang them on the wall and use them for targets--air guns, slingshots, darts, knives, or even rocks. Makes for great fun.

Better still, try this on the wife. Makes an easier bigger target and gives hours of pleasure. Great fun for the whole family, the kids will love it.

• Like 1

Have a bunch of cats, no mice anymore.

Hate the -glue trap- sorry the animals who get trapped there.

Rat poison, killed 3 very nice puppies, different litters, I got, over the years, somebody nearby must use it!

Now have a Puppy again, hope not the same fate after he strays a bit. bah.gif10893268_822396891131938_1522806581_o.jp

Die kuenftigen Maeusefaenger thumbsup.gif

10909508_822397721131855_1202426376_o.jp

Oh they dont die quick when you use it. Its actually pretty sickening and they take a long time to die. Not for the faint of hearts

We put one down and the lone mouse was caught within 20 minutes.

My Thai girlfriend took it out to bin the varmint, and I assumed she'd killed it.

Two days later I looked in the bin, it was still alive! I dispatched it right away.

Check glue boards daily and mercy kill them right away. No need for a slow cruel death.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A place I used to work at a long time age used to be crawling with mice and rats, we had an old guy who used to try and catch them in a homemade trap. He got one once. Then he lit a fire and hung the rat above the fire still alive. The rat screeched like hell but old Harry said this was the best thing to do as all the other rats would run off. Two of the lads at work didn't like this and decided to go and beat Harry up, me and my mate stopped the beating. Harry's dead now and so is the rat. I don't know if Harry's idea worked or not as I got fired a couple of weeks later for spending the grand national sweepstake money in the pub.