Another Search For Help

mouse

Guest IT Manager

Can you contextualise it?

The excel file is for your reference elsewhere? It is going to a site you have access to from a remote computer you wish you did.

It's sort of like how deep is a hole and how long is a piece of string

IT/Nerd

Can you contextualise it?

The excel file is for your reference elsewhere? It is going to a site you have access to from a remote computer you wish you did.

It's sort of like how deep is a hole and how long is a piece of string

There is a small Excel file sitting on one of our computers at a remote location. This file is constantly being added to. Due to security I do not want to share that drive or any information on it. I do however, need a periodic update of this one Excel file at my location sent to me lets say every 5 or 10 minutes.

Actually, unless I figure this out by Monday morning, I will be in a deep hole with a short string.

Can you help? :o

Put the file in a separate folder and share that one? you don't need to share the complete drive

Depending on wich OS the pc is running you can also apply security to it so only you can acces it on the share.

On Winxp pro or win2000 you can also secure the share itself as well as the file.

FTP is also a possibility indeed , but you still need to secure that also then.

B

Guest IT Manager
Put the file in a separate folder and share that one? you don't need to share the complete drive

Depending on wich OS the pc is running you can also apply security to it so only you can acces it on the share.

On Winxp pro or win2000 you can also secure the share itself as well as the file.

FTP is also a possibility indeed , but you still need to secure that also then.

B

Zen I know I am not terribly clever, but did you take a moment to read the web drive link perchance?