When do I need to go for my 90 day report?

Happy new year to everyone.

I am currently on retirement extension issued last year 21 July 2014. I departed Thailand and got a single reentry at the airport before i left on 27 August 2014. I returned to Thailand 28 October and have been here since then, a total of 69 days so far. I hope I am legal since I have not been to immigration since returning in October. Should I go and report at least a few days before the 90 day period has expired, or should I just go this week and report? This is my first retirement extension so Im still not sure about everything I need to do. Thanks.

post-57363-0-79324500-1420423938_thumb.j

You must report to immigration after 90 days of your entry into Thailand (day of entry being day 1). You have a tme frame of 15 days before and 7 days after the actual reporting date to do your report.

You can also report by mail at most offices.

I always report 5 to 7 days before my 90 day report. Immigration have always told me this is the correct way. But they do not like it and can refuse to accept your report if you try to report too far in advance.

I reported 2 weeks in advance once because it was just before Songkran and I was travelling on my report date. But Immigration police accepted my excuse and gave me my 90 day report with a warning that it must be approx 7 days in advance no more.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a multi entry non o & plan to do the 60 day extension towards the end of my 90 days, will i need to report during my 150 days? In other peoples experience is it better to get a 60 day extension or just leave Thailand & get another 90 days?

I have a multi entry non o & plan to do the 60 day extension towards the end of my 90 days, will i need to report during my 150 days? In other peoples experience is it better to get a 60 day extension or just leave Thailand & get another 90 days?

A 90 day report would not be needed. Your extension application is considered a report.

You can do the 60 day extension but have to look ahead to when your next entry and the one after it would be due in relation to the enter before date on your visa. You might have to do an entry before the end of your 90 days to get the most out of your visa by doing an entry just before your visa expires. You might want to save the 60 day extension option until later in case something comes up that would make the 60 day a better option then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got my 90 day report receipt in the mail. They attached a yellow note to the receipt that read, "In the future, please apply 15 days before the due date."

Well, I applied 13 dats before, so I dont know what they mean by that. I thought I could apply up to 15 days before.

In any case, doing it by mail was far easier and cheaper than going all the way out to Chang Wattana.