Some questions on marriage

adv008

Hello.

I am getting married in February. I wonder if someone could answer some questions for me.

1. The UK Affirmation letter, must this be completed on one single page or can it go to two.

2. Could someone give me the up to date address for the MFA. I read that it is best to get the translations done there in case of mistakes.

3. Should I go back to the MFA with the marriage certificate and marriage registration, get them translated into English and certified there. I am a bit confused after reading some posts as they can be from a few years ago.

I know the subject has been asked many times and would thank you for any help on these.

1.ONE page for the Affirmation

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/299258/Marriage_Guidance_-_April_2014.pdf

2. Address in above link

3.I got them translated and these translations alone have been sufficient for my needs, which so far are proof of marriage for my company pension scheme and my wife's first Family Visitor visa to the UK. Make sure they are stamped by the translation service.

• Like 1

Get the translation done at the MFA. I was married s few weeks ago and had translations pf the embassy documents done outside. MFA would not certify due to multiple translation errors. Had to start again and the translator at MFA did a perfect job. Get to the MFA early at 7.30 to avoid the big wait there are many people waiting. I paid the extra fee for fast processing 3 hours. You must have the MFA certified document comfirming you are free to marry before the Amphur will marry you..

• Like 1

Get the translation done at the MFA. I was married s few weeks ago and had translations pf the embassy documents done outside. MFA would not certify due to multiple translation errors. Had to start again and the translator at MFA did a perfect job. Get to the MFA early at 7.30 to avoid the big wait there are many people waiting. I paid the extra fee for fast processing 3 hours. You must have the MFA certified document comfirming you are free to marry before the Amphur will marry you..

+1

I just did this yesterday...... I used the translation office on the second floor on the MFA office. Cost was

400 baht. Triple check your name with your Thai wife, as there is where errors seem to occur. The amphor

for the marriage would not accept the translated document as one letter was transposed on my name, so had to go

back and have another form done. Show up at 7:30, and we were out of there before noon. No extra

fees paid .....