insane early morning marching band music . . .

Is it only me or does anyone else in Mae Nam (at the Zazen end) get itchy skin and start twitching at exactly 8:00 am every morning?

I like the Thai national anthem. It's funky.

But there is a whole tribe of what my grandpa used to call "bumatoots" (some kind of pre-war expression meaning marching buglers) banging about in Mae Nam at stand-up time every morning. going rumty rumty tum tum tum with drums and cymbals and all the tooty stuff.

Anyone know what this is? Is it some kind of guided scholastic activity - or is the the apprentices from Dan Autos expressing a collective nationalistic fervour prior to work, perhaps? Or the post office workers all marching in a line to work?

Whatever it is it makes my head hurt every morning and makes me want to emigrate to Nigeria and listen to loud rap music. Well, anywhere, really. And anything loud.

What is this marching music at 8:00 am? Anyone know?

R

• Like 2

World Asean Marching Band Competition?

Well the Mae Nam Post Office marching tooty band is going to win medals, then.

The <deleted>***ers have been practicing every morning at 8:00 am for the last 10 years.

R

Can you get a number for me?

Always wanted to be in a band xxxxxx on a drum.

42 - it's the meaning of life.

But if I had an actual number I wouldn't be posting here to ask if anyone knows what this twatting on a drum music is every morning, would I . . .

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by Rooo
removed deleted flame

Have to agree 8am is hardly early morning. set your clock for 7.50am and go for a coffee somewhere untill its over. There is nothing that you can do about it

Agreed - BUT WHAT IS IT?

That's my question!

(Was my post too long for you? Didn't you make it to the last line where I summed it all up by asking "what is this marching music?")

Go here . . . http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/7-tips-improve-your-attention-span-and-focus-instantly.html

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

A rambling post complaining about noise . Odd way to a ask a simple question in it?

It's only odd if you have a simple mind. The rest of us are able to cope with more than 10 words at a time.

And now you know - what's your answer to the simple question??

R

• Like 2

If I were you I'd just sacrifice one morning ( sleepless anyway) and find out for myself, trying to scout my way to the direction of the cacophony. Then take action. But beware of causing loss of face ;-)

kind of - like - - engage cacophony-finder then lie in wait and pounce?

Hmm. I like this. Good plan. Thanks

rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nVrolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV

Edited by robsamui

A rambling post complaining about noise . Odd way to a ask a simple question in it?

It's only odd if you have a simple mind. The rest of us are able to cope with more than 10 words at a time.

R

A simple mind is unable to formulate a simple question correctly. Perhaps you were trying to be entertaining but failed?

Because your persistent its encouraging, so I will help you formulate a a post that will attract the correct response.

header

Whats the name of this marching band music..PLEASE HELP !!!!

There you go all the undercover farang marching band experts will be falling over themselves to help out , good luck your going to need it thumbsup.gif

Edited by mcfish

R

A simple mind is unable to formulate a simple question correctly. Perhaps you were trying to be entertaining but failed?

Because your persistent its encouraging, so I will help you formulate a a post that will attract the correct response.

header

There you go all the undercover farang marching band experts will be falling over themselves to help out , good luck your going to need it thumbsup.gif

Thanks fish.

"Because your persistent its encouraging" This touches me deeply.

I'll take hours to analyse the various grammatical variations. Take my mind off the band.

R

Edited by robsamui

As others have said 8 am is not early. whistling.gif

Round here starting time on special occasions is 5.50am

If it starts at 8 am each day it could be a school assembly flag raising.

If you don't have a school near you don't think it's not them. They are always loud and if the wind is in the right direction the sound can travel several Kliks and sound like it's right outside your house.

biggrin.png

c. aü

Conundrums - more fun than bad grammar and punctuation!

Err cow? See: Australia? Refer to:- circa Australia? Copper = au?

But the umlaut puzzles me . . . it's a bit dotty.

Give us a clue??

Or is that the answer to my question?

R

Some people really know how to nitpick, sigh. Anyway, to some of us night workers, 8am is early.

Rob, could be a school. I had this problem for many years and was never able to solve it. The headmistress believed it was good for the little brats, the district noise officer couldn't stop giggling "ho, ho you farang you ho, ho, ho", and the idiot police didn't care. Only recourse is to move. Sorry, that's not helpful, but it's the best I can do.

Wit

• Like 2

As others have said 8 am is not early. whistling.gif

Round here starting time on special occasions is 5.50am

If it starts at 8 am each day it could be a school assembly flag raising.

If you don't have a school near you don't think it's not them. They are always loud and if the wind is in the right direction the sound can travel several Kliks and sound like it's right outside your house.

biggrin.png

Round here starting time is usually post meridiem - just to make it less parochial. All depends on what colour your horse is.

Gotcha! School flag assembly national anthem thing! Wind tunnels between land-lays. I'm being blown a school band.

Thanks. Now I understand.

Back in 2000 I had a house on the beach and every night - as it happens, at 8:00 am - just as I was trying to get to sleep - there was the blaring rant in the Thai language plus jolly pong lang music - like it was like Tingtong FM Radio up a pole. I tried and tried to track it down, but 50 metres from my house it just evaporated. Same thing - streets and channels and wind direction. (It turned out to be the morning market in Mae Nam soi 7 - about 2K away.)

R

If I were you I'd just sacrifice one morning ( sleepless anyway) and find out for myself, trying to scout my way to the direction of the cacophony. Then take action. But beware of causing loss of face ;-)

rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nVrolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-sK1nV

Could be a school as a couple of the others have mentioned...if it's Oonrak let me know and I'll ask the daughter to have it turned down for you Rob tongue.png

• Like 2

Some people really know how to nitpick, sigh. Anyway, to some of us night workers, 8am is early.

Rob, could be a school. I had this problem for many years and was never able to solve it. The headmistress believed it was good for the little brats, the district noise officer couldn't stop giggling "ho, ho you farang you ho, ho, ho", and the idiot police didn't care. Only recourse is to move. Sorry, that's not helpful, but it's the best I can do.

Wit

Not nitpicking - cosmically speaking one man's night is another man's morning. Same applies to Mae Nam ;-)

I think it's the school where they stage the pop concerts (I had a free listen to some big name band last year) - see my last post above.

And you're quite correct about moving. If I roll over the sound lessens considerably - thanks!

R

• Like 2

Rob,

I live in Sri Racha, not Pattaya.

There's a big difference, you know, but you wouldn't 'cos you live in Samui.

What I said.

And the question was about Mae Nam on Samui - so why bother trying to answer!

(Not that you were able to understand the question anyway!)

R

Edited by robsamui

Could be a school as a couple of the others have mentioned...if it's Oonrak let me know and I'll ask the daughter to have it turned down for you Rob tongue.png

Thanks for the offer - but marching bands don't often come with a volume control!

(Yep - it's gotta be the school . . .)

R

• Like 1

Rob, my nitpick reference was aimed not at you.

If it's any consolation, Thailand seems to perform quite well in marching band type competitions on the world stage. Hope this little tidbit of info makes you feel better, and that you will contribute to their cause by not complaining. And please don't do what a bloke in the northeast did about 7 years back and set fire to the offending school.

:)

• Like 1

What 'marching band music'? Is it an actual marching band? Where is this music you speak of? When did you hear it? Was that the first time? How many times have you heard it? Is it every day? What time of the day do you hear it? How long has this been going on for?

Yep, simple question indeed. whistling.gif