insane early morning marching band music . . .

Have to agree 8am is hardly early morning. set your clock for 7.50am and go for a coffee somewhere untill its over. There is nothing that you can do about it

There is a school about half a block from my house which allows its marching band to practice 8-9am twice a week. I'd lived here over five years before I realized it--old habit, I sleep with a/c and stereo on and the wife has her shotgun.

I used to have that in the village where I lived it turned out to be the public address system that used to broadcast the news every day - then everyone got TVs and so it ended up being the headman sharing his tastes in music.

Lets see.. 8am they always play the national anthem in schools and alike even in some villages! Then they usually play some other music to honor the king before and/or after the national anthem.

Thai national anthem:

Thai royal anthem:

There are more music that they play but I don't know the names of the songs.

That is my best explanation.

Ok... I wrote my post after just reading the first page!

That looks like a schools marching band, if they have been really good in the provincial and regional competitions they might be training for the finale in Bangkok. I'm not sure when that is but I know that my students (English communication, multi skill and ASEAN knowledge in English) came first in the province but only midfield in the regional finale just before Christmas where practising everyday for the last 2 months leading up to the regional finale.

Edited by Kasset Tak

Lets see.. 8am they always play the national anthem in schools and alike even in some villages! Then they usually play some other music to honor the king before and/or after the national anthem.

Thai national anthem:

Thai royal anthem:

There are more music that they play but I don't know the names of the songs.

That is my best explanation.

Ok... I wrote my post after just reading the first page!

That looks like a schools marching band, if they have been really good in the provincial and regional competitions they might be training for the finale in Bangkok. I'm not sure when that is but I know that my students (English communication, multi skill and ASEAN knowledge in English) came first in the province but only midfield in the regional finale just before Christmas where practising everyday for the last 2 months leading up to the regional finale.

Thanks for posting the Thai English wording in that first youtube, thumbsup.gif I quite like the melody of that, plus have wondered what the English words were!!! now we know! wink.png

They played the Royal Anthem at the Kings birthday celebration in Nathon ...I wondered if that was what it was!

Yes, people here are lucky, in the small Thai villages often starts the morning at 5 to 5.30 am, enough to bounce anyone out of bed, w00t.gif .... but usually only once a week!

I'll never forget the first time I ran into that! It was played from the house I was staying in.. Music followed by a very long monologue facepalm.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

What's the problem anyway? It's the CULTURE of Thailand, which is presumably why you live there, and not back in whatever over regulated PC country you originate from.

In the village I always get woken about 5 am by the monks chanting over loudspeakers, but I don't want to run out and tell them to shut it, as it's their country, and if I don't like it sufficiently, I'll leave and go back 'ome.

If it makes the OP feel any better.......

I live in an industrialised area of Thailand. There are lots of factories, and factory workers. Today a small band has decided it is 'drinking day'. They have circled their cars on a patch of no-parking market ground, opened all the doors to every vehicle and are taking it in turns to play music at high volume (the max probably) on their improved speakers. They are still in uniform so I am guessing they are coming off a night shift. This started before 8 am.

I put on my ear protectors but it was only partially successful. TIT. <Ear-protectors emoticon>

• Like 1

What's the problem anyway? It's the CULTURE of Thailand, which is presumably why you live there, and not back in whatever over regulated PC country you originate from.

In the village I always get woken about 5 am by the monks chanting over loudspeakers, but I don't want to run out and tell them to shut it, as it's their country, and if I don't like it sufficiently, I'll leave and go back 'ome.

The PROBLEM was that I did not know what it was.

Now I know.

No problem now.

You're quite emotional in your wild assumptions!

R

If it makes the OP feel any better.......

I live in an industrialised area of Thailand. There are lots of factories, and factory workers. Today a small band has decided it is 'drinking day'. They have circled their cars on a patch of no-parking market ground, opened all the doors to every vehicle and are taking it in turns to play music at high volume (the max probably) on their improved speakers. They are still in uniform so I am guessing they are coming off a night shift. This started before 8 am.

I put on my ear protectors but it was only partially successful. TIT. <Ear-protectors emoticon>

Could be worse...at least they only opened the doors...unlike this one...

tongue.png

18s4i46vqc935jpg.jpg

Phew! No wonder he needs the truck - without it it'd take forever to take his ghetto-blaster round to his mate's.

Edited by robsamui

The PROBLEM was that I did not know what it was.

Now I know.

No problem now.

You're quite emotional in your wild assumptions!

R

Fair enough. I assumed you were complaining about it.